Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    wait, innocent till proven guilty? so why are you so quick to condemn the prison and it's employees ? do they not count?
    I hold public servants to a higher standard, but Im sure theyll try to claim sovereign immunity of they can't intimidate the woman before the trial. If they are found guilty by their peers than they should hang.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Call it a late abortion then. There. Rationalized. And I'm pro life, so don't sit there and patronize me as some uncaring child terminator.

The fact remains that this woman was in jail. A prison isn't obligated to make sure she gives birth properly. That's for a place called a hospital. Just like a prison isn't responsible if you get shanked in the stomach and bleed to death cuz they didn't bother to try and save you, either. Don't wanna get shanked? Don't get arrested. Pretty easy solution to that problem. Wanna not lose a child and get proper medical attention? Don't get arrested. Seems incredibly rational to me.
    Not sure if this is a troll post or serious..

our retched "justice" system claims another. a women who is pregnant, regardless of how far along she is in her pregnancy should not be put in that sort of situation. being in solitary alone could cause undue harm to the child. this is fucked from every angle you look at it, but of course here come the ever lasting fascist defenders who say; "don't jump to conclusions" or "well it's her fault for being there in the first place", fuck YOU. a child who had nothing to do with the situation DIED.

As an American im going to say Fuck Texas ( not everyone in it just most ) ...it's literally the shit stain of America . As far as this story goes I hope this woman sues these people so badly they are homeless and left on the street ...and left for dead ...the same way they treated her .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    Here ya go

Standard 23-6.9 Pregnant prisoners and new mothers
    (a) A pregnant prisoner should receive necessary prenatal and postpartum care and treatment, including an adequate diet, clothing, appropriate accommodations relating to bed assignment and housing area temperature, and childbirth and infant care education. Any restraints used on a pregnant prisoner or one who has recently delivered a baby should be medically appropriate; correctional authorities should consult with health care staff to ensure that restraints do not compromise the pregnancy or the prisoner’s health.

(b) A prisoner in labor should be taken to an appropriate medical facility without delay. A prisoner should not be restrained while she is in labor, including during transport, except in extraordinary circumstances after an individualized finding that security requires restraint, in which event correctional and health care staff should cooperate to use the least restrictive restraints necessary for security, which should not interfere with the prisoner’s labor.

http://www.americanbar.org/publicati...rs.html#23-6.9
    Thank you. I have learned something new today.

That being said, however, it doesn't mean every prison has the capability to handle it. These are, after all, county-funded prisons. Considering this was in Wichita County, they don't exactly have some huge budget there. Wichita Falls is the, barring population changes since I last checked, fifth largest city in Texas. So it's not going to have a budget like Harris will, certainly, where I likely wouldn't see something like this happening (or at least have never heard of to this point).

Likely scenario at worst then is this prison will be required to step up their staffing in the future, and some people will likely get moved to other prisons or replaced permanently. That being said, though, I still don't have sympathy for criminals, no matter the circumstances. This one being no exception.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Likely scenario at worst then is this prison will be required to step up their staffing in the future, and some people will likely get moved to other prisons or replaced permanently. That being said, though, I still don't have sympathy for criminals, no matter the circumstances. This one being no exception.
    Okay, so apparently a newborn is capable of being a criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    That being said, though, I still don't have sympathy for criminals, no matter the circumstances. This one being no exception.
    That innocent baby who had never committed a single crime - other than, apparently, having the bad luck in your eyes to be born to a criminal - obviously deserved to die because of his mother's actions.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    I guess that means fourth-trimester abortions are all good in Texas.
    Once you are born they stop caring if you die and in some cases will help you do so.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

That being said, however, it doesn't mean every prison has the capability to handle it.
    They are required to handle it. There isn't any debate. They killed a baby. They will lose their jobs and be forever fucked.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Google'd her name and her county and found her charges.

http://www.bustedmugshots.com/texas/...012/january/03

Capias Pro Fine - Burglary Of A Vehcile
    Capias Pro Fine - Theft Prop >=50<500
    Capias Pro Fine - Theft Prop>=50<500
    Capias Pro Fine - Possession Of Drug Paraphernalia

edit: article says she was arrested and booked on June 2nd, but the above is for January of that year. She must have committed another crime. Or could have been something for like not showing up for court/probation or along those lines. Haven't found anything about the June 2nd charges.
    The one you're looking for is most likely this one: http://www.bustedmugshots.com/texas/...rrero/56610881

Charges: VIOLATION OF PROBATION - POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    And ppl wonder why ppl in Europe tend to bash the US, ur doing it right Fenixdown, show us in Europe how its done
    I had no idea Europeans are judging all Americans based off a single state... that would seem rather stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I had no idea Europeans are judging all Americans based off a single state... that would seem rather stupid to me.
    To be fair though, everyone here in the US bashes Texas. They do it to themselves.

Deleted
    Thank you. I have learned something new today.

That being said, however, it doesn't mean every prison has the capability to handle it. These are, after all, county-funded prisons. Considering this was in Wichita County, they don't exactly have some huge budget there. Wichita Falls is the, barring population changes since I last checked, fifth largest city in Texas. So it's not going to have a budget like Harris will, certainly, where I likely wouldn't see something like this happening (or at least have never heard of to this point).

Laws are created by societal standards, with only a few laws permeating almost all societies, e.g. murdering citizens, theft etc.

The face you have no sympathy for any criminal, who might be imprisoned for some stupid law, e.g. in the US you can go to prison for not maintaining your lawn in a gated community, says volumes about your character.

Not only are you backwards, but incredibly self absorbed in your own self righteousness. It's almost certain that at some point in your life you'll, even accidentally, do something which would, by law, make you a criminal. It might be related to something as simple as renovating your house and forgetting to get a permit for changes to a water line, to forgetting to pay a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    in the US you can go to prison for not maintaining your lawn in a gated community
    no you can't. the fact that you believe that says volumes about your character.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/humanin...il-time/847365

Yeah, you can.

/shakes head. I hate my country sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, if I had known about this I would have just done it for him. This country sometimes.

While there are no government laws that force homeowners to take care of their lawn or go to jail / prison, there are indirect ways of being sent to jail because of it.

http://nypost.com/2008/10/15/guy-get...-grass-kickin/

A man was sent to jail because he could no longer afford to take care of his lawn. He was found in contempt of court and was sentenced to jail time for not re-sodding his lawn and not installing a sprinkler system.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    For all we know, she purposely hid the delivery from cops. That's why we have a court system to determine these things.

If the cops have culpability, then everyone should be charged with the appropriate crime, including this criminal who took part in her baby's death. I notice they left out which drug. I think that's rather relevant, if the claim is the baby was healthy. If she's a crack whore, then that's highly unlikely. At the very least, SHE created the entire situation by committing a crime while pregnant. Criminal negligence that resulted in the death of a baby.

still does not make it right to lock her there. by law most states your sopost to care for her till its out...not shove them into a cell and lock the key away..

what they did was murder period and should be accountable period. drugs or not the baby could of survived if they just not idk ignored her...surely a woman screaming in agony is enuff..but agian most cells also have hidden cameras btw for SC and if this one did then i can guess person on it had a devious act. either way nurse shouldent turn her away..

agian she'll most likely win and hiding pregnacy is bit hard to do....

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    /shakes head. I hate my country sometimes.
    While the root issue may have been neglecting his lawn, his jail time was ultimately caused by contract violations, failure to appear in court, contempt of court, and failure to comply with a court mandate.