Mistweaver Healing on Garrosh

One of my raid regulars is a mist weaver monk. A couple of months ago when he was away we finally downed Garrosh. We have a few times since then but we never have when he has been in the raid. He is geared out (565), gemmed, and enchanted. Near as I can tell he just did exactly what AskMrRobot.com told him to do.

I notice that his heals are a lot lower than the other healers we have. We 2 heal it, and generally he is either healing with a disc priest or shaman. With both of these people he tends to do about 1/3rd less healing than any other similar geared healers. He overheals more than the shaman and about neck and neck with the disc priest.

The biggest problems I see are in the transition phases. When the priest and shaman are there, they can heal the zone easily with no cooldowns. When he is one of the healers we generally have to blow some cooldowns that I would like to keep in the tank for the whirling corruptions. He tells me that there are no aoe healing tools that he can use there. I was looking to see if anyone could give me some pointers I could pass on for this fight.

I don't keep combat logs, just generally only recount and look what's going on. So I guess what I'm looking for is your personal experience healing Garrosh on Normal. Do you have some tips for the spikey damage periods that would help? Personally I don't have much experience with mist weavers so I don't quite know how to utilize their abilities.
    Is this where the header goes?

Deleted
    Are you guys raiding 10 or 25 man? I can only give you my impressions from 10 man raiding.
    Is he using Chibrew? If not, he should. It is a minicd when we need it --> Chi for some quick uplifts. He should keep ReM up on as many people as possible and depending on the incoming dmg spinning crane kick and uplift. This generally is the way to go (atleast it was for me): Keep ReM on CD to cover the raid and pool chi for whirling/desecrated weapons to throw out uplifts. Spinning crane kick if the dmg is heavy, otherwhise just Fistweave/lightningweave and uplift (always position your statue properly).

Deleted
    1) Give us logs or at least tell us if he uses Chi Torpedo/RJW/Xuen, Chi Brew etc...
    2) Does your group regulary get the 50% debuff?
    3) Does your group use personal cds for transitions?
    4) Do NOT gem and enchant how AMR tell you unless you tweek the stat values, default AMR tells you to go all spirit which is wrong.

We killed it two days ago, and my healing was much lower than our holy pallies.

And then you look at the logs and realize the holy pally did almost 60M in absorbs, and suddenly you realize:

This fight really isn't that healing intensive. Very early on I realized that our H pally was going to be the only doing a large majority of the heals, but that I would be the one that would help the group push phases faster (Like getting the Embodied Doubts dead in Transition 1 before Garrosh could gain 25 energy. As a Fistweaver I was always doing 7-9M damage to them, which topped the meters during that particular phase.)

Your strengths in the fight aren't your heals unfortunately. Too many absorbs in the game at this current time to allow you to push your potential healing. It's much more worth your time to fistweave, as it allows you to put in a lot of damage that otherwise wouldn't be there AND lessens the load on the other healer and tank in the process due to the awesome spot healing of eminence.

I feel the need to also mention that we 1 tank the fight, and due to our tank's vengeance being so high and his Arcing Light and Eternal Flames being literally the most OP things in existence (His Eternal Flame crits for 700k per tick at points) there just wasn't a chance in hell I was ever going to be high on the healing meters. That said, if you can contribute around 80-90k hps and about 200k dps over the course of the 11-15m long fight, you're doing just fine as long as people aren't dying to empowered whirlings or fixates in Phase 1.

1.I'll get some logs together in the next raid. He always uses Xuen for every fight, I believe Ascension all the time as well. Don't know about the T2 talent.
    2. The 50% buff depends on the phase, we get it alot more often in some then others. Terrace for example, everyone has it.
    3. We try and save personal cooldowns for Whirling Corruptions, but the raid is advised to use healthstones and personal cooldowns if they start to dip. Told them I'd rather they be alive with no cooldowns than dead with them.
    4. I get in the argument with him on how to gem and enchant also. I tell him that's great for dps but healers and tanks really need to go off personal experience as to what stats they need.

For Servasus, I agree if it were only an issue with the Disc priest, but he is far outhealed by the shaman as well. He doesn't fistweave at all, only tosses out some CJL, but rarely on Garrosh. It's the spikey periods that we always lose people. I don't know much about Monk CD's or his management of them, but I notice he frequently blows them early when I felt it wasn't necessary. Such as frequently hitting revival after we stepped out of a desecrate weapon when we had ample time to heal back up before damage came in.
    Is this where the header goes?

Deleted
    Make sure he keeps renewing mist on all targets, get him to use Chi brew, make sure he uses thunderfocus tea before large spikes for maximum uplift coverage.
    Make sure he constantly generates chi, and spends it. And make sure to stack 4 chi at the correct times. The fight is fairly straight forward, but maybe he should optimize his UI or atleast raidframes+boss timers..

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    1.I'll get some logs together in the next raid. He always uses Xuen for every fight, I believe Ascension all the time as well. Don't know about the T2 talent.
    2. The 50% buff depends on the phase, we get it alot more often in some then others. Terrace for example, everyone has it.
    3. We try and save personal cooldowns for Whirling Corruptions, but the raid is advised to use healthstones and personal cooldowns if they start to dip. Told them I'd rather they be alive with no cooldowns than dead with them.
    4. I get in the argument with him on how to gem and enchant also. I tell him that's great for dps but healers and tanks really need to go off personal experience as to what stats they need.

For Servasus, I agree if it were only an issue with the Disc priest, but he is far outhealed by the shaman as well. He doesn't fistweave at all, only tosses out some CJL, but rarely on Garrosh. It's the spikey periods that we always lose people. I don't know much about Monk CD's or his management of them, but I notice he frequently blows them early when I felt it wasn't necessary. Such as frequently hitting revival after we stepped out of a desecrate weapon when we had ample time to heal back up before damage came in.
    Why are you three healing Garrosh? Is this 10 man?

Garrosh should be 1 healed. 2 healed at the most, and even then, I'd recommend 1 healer with a monk or a priest who can dps heal.

Edit: Nvm, I went back and re-read that you use either the priest or the shaman and then the monk as the second healer.

Still, it stands. The monk isn't going to beat out either of those two classes. Resto Shamans are probably the most OP stack healers currently with how insane chain heal and healing rain are.

Make him fistweave. You're wasting HIS time by having him try to compete with other healing classes on a fight that really can be one healed anyway.

I also see you're probably talking normal mode. That makes it even more imperative that he spend more time fistweaving than traditional healing.

Tell him all he needs to worry about is having the raid coated in ReM for whirlings. Past those, he can just fistweave the rest of the fight and let the other healer handle the brunt of the healing. (Especially if it's a Disc Priest.)
    Last edited by Servasus; 2014-05-26 at 03:46 AM.

Garrosh should be 2 healed but really so hard to be solo heal by 565 Mistweaver.
    RM should be cast on CD.
    He should use Chi Brew talent for better uplift and mana stack generation.
    spam SCK/RJW for transition phase.
    TFT+Uplift before 5-10 seconds b4 incoming of Iron Star in p1.
    TFT+Uplift before 5-10 seconds b4 incoming of Whirling Corruption in p2 and p3.
    Spare 4 chi b4 iron star and whirling corruption to spam uplift.
    Fistweave when nothing to do.

MW should never reforge and gem according to AMR default setting.
    560++ MW should gem int/cric on red and yellow gem slot and spr/crit on blue gem slot.
    Reforge priority: haste to 9158 or 12138 or 15138> Cric > Mastery > Spirit

Do you have some tips for the spikey damage periods that would help?
    Chi Burst and Chi Torpedo combination is nice for the burst periods, especially during Whirling Corruptions or when you're stacked up.

I notice that his heals are a lot lower than the other healers we have. We 2 heal it, and generally he is either healing with a disc priest or shaman. With both of these people he tends to do about 1/3rd less healing than any other similar geared healers. He overheals more than the shaman and about neck and neck with the disc priest.
    A Disc priest will snipe a MWer into the ground, because of the current state of raw healing and absorbs. Restoration shamans burst healing is godly, but we can keep up.

The biggest problems I see are in the transition phases. When the priest and shaman are there, they can heal the zone easily with no cooldowns. When he is one of the healers we generally have to blow some cooldowns that I would like to keep in the tank for the whirling corruptions. He tells me that there are no aoe healing tools that he can use there. I was looking to see if anyone could give me some pointers I could pass on for this fight.
    During transition phases (or when you're in Realm of Y'shaarj), I'm using Chi Burst, RM/Uplift and SCK. That's enough healing to sustain the damage. Depending on who I'm grouped with for healing and how things are going, I may even Fistweave in place of what I mentioned. The problem is Disc and Restoration Mastery is strong. They also have a lot of utility to counter the damage.

Fill the room with blue balls by using Glyph of Enduring Healing Sphere.