Thread: Prideful in BGs

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You might be happier playing Guild Wars 2 or even a MOBA like LoL, Dota or Heros of the Storm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTclassed View Post
    So because something has been around a long time that means it should never be changed or improved?

There is NOTHING to fix.

You can get full 550 prideful farming battlegrounds, it'll just take you fucking years instead of doing Arenas. I really don't know what you want, the best reward from Random Battlegrounds is ----> 550 <---- gear, so why the fuck would you scale the ilvl down?

Problem: Prideful geared characters are unbalancing random BGs
    Prideful geared characters exists on both sides. Teams are 90% of time mix of people with ilvl 480 to ilvl550 on BOTH SIDES. I know that, i play bgs every day A LOT. In your initial post you cry over horde prideful geared players? Aliance don't have prideful geared players? You all run in greens? Your statement would be true only if prideful gear is avalible to horde and not aliance. But guess what i very often see prideful geared aliance. Problem is you are seeing BGs as individual effort and not team. Teams are generaly balanced in 90% of cases gear wise. Now if u see some prideful noob dominates you, then you are not good enough.

Possible solution : reduce ilvl in random BGs
    Reduce to what level? Grievous gear level? What about new people being dominated by Grievous ppl? Isn't that unbalanced too? How about we lower ilvl to 450? Guess how many people would love that(And don't tell me newly dinged chars should go do pve heroics to obtain pvp gear. Many people dont like pve and you cant force them to do it).

Game is all about gear progression and now you want to reduce ilvl? Thats the worst posible solution to the problem and it has no sense at all. Gear progression must exist even in PVP, end of story. Gear motivates people.

Btw if you realy love BGs and play them a lot you are probaably caping conquest points every week through BGs. You need to win only 2-3 BGs every day to cap it. So it's hard to belive you don't have conquest points, but i wan't to know if you are not buying prideful gear because you play random BGS and you don't want to be that "prick" who ruins balance. No, i don't think so. So dont't tell me prideful players shouldn't be alowed in BGs, because you CAN EASILY obtain Prideful gear through random BGs too.

Argument 2: Skill should be the bigger factor in BGs
    Skill is alredy big factor in BGs. All those people in prideful who dominate bgs with 30-0 scores would dominate you in equal gear too. Gear is a big factor but not most important. If you are being dominated by noob in prideful gear who is backpadaling then you are simply not good enough and deal with it. But pro will dominate you every time in equal gear. Killing pridefull noob is as easy as killing griveous noob.

If you want skill to be even bigger factor go play rated BGs. BGs can't be more balanced and skill demanding than that. Get Oqueue and find group faster then random bg que. You don't like rated BGs? well then you are to lazy and you don't know what you want.
    Last edited by Balvan; 2014-06-03 at 03:08 PM.

I think I mentioned this in this thread not sure.

Solution is to bring ilvl up not take it down. For example you get into a random you get all gear to 515. This helps the fresh 90's and doesn't detract from any one else. Honor gear stays 520 and conquest 550 PvE gear scales down as normal if its above the current cap and not below 515.

The ilvl difference in a fresh 90 and a maxed out pvper is aroun 100 ilvls and that's a lot. This is the last season in an expansion so its to be expected though. No reason blizzard cant scale ilvls up in the level 90 bracket same as they do in lower level brackets.
    Last edited by Reveries1; 2014-06-04 at 10:13 PM.

Anyone else upset that you can't do well in LFR wearing ilvl 480 gear?
    No?
    Ok

Edit: For those of you saying that newly boosted 90s have it hard; You are right, if you join on your ilvl 480 gear, sure, you'll have a hard time. But I got some pretty decent gear on my boosted Warrior pretty fucking quickly just by doing random BGs, and now two weeks or so later I'm a little more than 50% Prideful.
    Don't expect to do good if you're too lazy to gear yourself, and don't complain when people who have worked hard to gain their gear slaughter you.
    Last edited by CalasEU; 2014-06-04 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    Just go arena. Go in greens it doesn't matter. Yes you will intally lose some games but eventually you will be matched against even teams and then you can pvp and progress in a much better environment (and get much better rewards).
    The problem is that there are Prideful geared players that tank their MMR intentionally to make capping out Conquest easier, and/or to curbstomp badly geared players. If you're really bad though, you probably won't run into them unless you get unlucky by facing against a really dedicated tanking 2s duo, i.e. full Prideful geared at 100 MMR.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

In case the OP wasn't aware, once you hit 25k Conquest Points (27k this season), you can buy Conquest gear with Honor. Of course, I doubt you've ever earned many Conquest Points if you make a topic like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

There's nothing wrong with fully geared people doing random battlegrounds. It's just more frustrating than ever because the gaps between tiers of PvP gear is bigger than ever. Suck it up for now and let's hope it gets better than WoD.

It's mostly subjective that Horde think Alliance is doing it more or vice versa. Sometimes you queue at bad times and you get stomped on BG after BG and sometimes you queue at good times and do the stomping BG after BG. There are some stats MMO Champion posted about BG statistics where Alliance lost more (except in IoC and AV), but personally I've never had a negative win loss ratio for random battlegrounds and I play Alliance only.

I don't see how anything else even needs to be said in this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The problem is that there are Prideful geared players that tank their MMR intentionally to make capping out Conquest easier, and/or to curbstomp badly geared players. If you're really bad though, you probably won't run into them unless you get unlucky by facing against a really dedicated tanking 2s duo, i.e. full Prideful geared at 100 MMR.
    I've never heard of this but I don't think it's that bad (I'm not encouraging it or say I do it). Worst case scenario you get curbstomped at low rating and waste 1 minute of your life. I doubt this is a regular thing and you would have to be exceptionally unlucky to encounter this often.

Oh I'm sorry, I guess you've been posting here without reading so let me repeat.

Argument 1: Gear level difference is too much, enabling a few characters to dominate the entire match

Now in response to that we get counter arguments like:
    Stop whining
    Stop crying
    Deal with it because we had to as well
    Spend more time doing other things to gear up faster
    You're ignorant
    The game is only about gear progression
    I want to do achievements and that's not fun if I do it on a reduced ilvl
    I want to relax but can only do that when I am better geared than the enemy
    I want to boost a friend
    I can't do anything else right now so I am forced to do a BG

Does that about sum up your condescending evaluation?
    Problem: You're a little bitch
    Possible solution: Stop being a little bitch
    Argument 1: I'm a little bitch and I can't handle it
    Argument 2: I'm a little bitch, and I think I'm good enough at this game, but gear is standing in the way of my success

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    In case the OP wasn't aware, once you hit 25k Conquest Points (27k this season), you can buy Conquest gear with Honor. Of course, I doubt you've ever earned many Conquest Points if you make a topic like this.
    That doesn't really help him. Getting this achievement means you've already got full prideful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It's not like ALL arena matches are like this. Just sit through them, leave, or try to win anyway, and move on to the next game.

Oh I'm sorry, I guess you've been posting here without reading so let me repeat.

Argument 1: Gear level difference is too much, enabling a few characters to dominate the entire match

Now in response to that we get counter arguments like:
    Stop whining
    Stop crying
    Deal with it because we had to as well
    Spend more time doing other things to gear up faster
    You're ignorant
    The game is only about gear progression
    I want to do achievements and that's not fun if I do it on a reduced ilvl
    I want to relax but can only do that when I am better geared than the enemy
    I want to boost a friend
    I can't do anything else right now so I am forced to do a BG

Does that about sum up your condescending evaluation?
    It is extremely piss easy to gear up like 1/2 prideful in a week. I do not think there needs to be special measures right now.

In warlords they are reducing the gaps (which I agree with), but currently do we need hotfix? The difference between having full prideful and half prideful isn't that big.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It is extremely piss easy to gear up like 1/2 prideful in a week. I do not think there needs to be special measures right now.

In warlords they are reducing the gaps (which I agree with), but currently do we need hotfix? The difference between having full prideful and half prideful isn't that big.
    I boosted a shaman this weekend, sunday maybe? with like 4 hours played i have an ilvl of like 534, which is plenty for bgs and arenas 1800-2k

get over it, its piss easy to get gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by someonewithclap View Post
    I boosted a shaman this weekend, sunday maybe? with like 4 hours played i have an ilvl of like 534, which is plenty for bgs and arenas 1800-2k

get over it, its piss easy to get gear
    Got to agree. With the catch up cap it's never been easier in the game to get so much pvp gear so quickly. All that's really stopping you from getting almost full prideful in a day or less is a 2v2 partner willing to accept loses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Because anyone can get conquest cap in 2v2, you will eventually cap out from games with no-shows if you play long enough, even if you lose almost every game... That will still probably be quicker than capping via winning random bg's. The fact is that the conquest cap is basically non-existant, and Prideful gear is easily available to all.
    Not everyone wants to play arena and run around a pillar like a Benny Hill extra trying unsuccessfully to down a priest humping a pillar. I'd rather do randoms.

If you have a great bunch of guildies on hand to partner you, maybe. It doesn't appeal to me or most people who try it frankly, judging by the level of current interest in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Not everyone wants to play arena and run around a pillar like a Benny Hill extra trying unsuccessfully to down a priest humping a pillar. I'd rather do randoms.

If you have a great bunch of guildies on hand to partner you, maybe. It doesn't appeal to me or most people who try it frankly, judging by the level of current interest in arena.
    Speak for yourself, I've found 2v2 is extremely popular in people of all gear levels, there is a massive ammount of interest for it and on the PVP server I play on I regularly get asked to join people for 2v2 (though I decline because I play with one guy... a pillar humping disc priest!). It's not the games fault that you don't want to use the methods available to quickly gear up.

I find it strange that people (generalising, not necessarily pointed at you) complain about the difficulty in getting gear, or the difficulty they face against well geared players, but still refuse to take the path directly infront of them that will allow them to quickly and easily acquire the gear.. prefering to simply complain about it. The gear is there, and there are easy methods to go out and earn it... So get on it.

With the Conquest catchup system allowing you to cap to something ridiculous like 15k+ before the weekly limit is put in (I initally thought it was 13/14k per week indefinitely, but seems it drops down to normal levels after a certain point), you can gear up amazingly fast.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

You do realise that blizzard will never stop this, since a good part of the 550 geared people in bgs are farming gear for their offspec, seeing as if you dont slack and actually cap you should have the 27000 total earned this season and able to farm prideful gear for honor

i myself enjoy doing random bgs once in a while, but atm im only doing it to farm healing gear for my monk its a good way to get higher geared players into bgs, which makes the thing not completely empty

you just dont realise the amount of times full prideful people have carried you, where you thought you where owning because your team was kill everything

its not hard to get pvp gear, stop trolling :P

Deleted
    To be honest, when I join a Battleground on my Prideful geared Hunter, it's purely for the lols.
    - That and honor for heirlooms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I've never heard of this but I don't think it's that bad (I'm not encouraging it or say I do it). Worst case scenario you get curbstomped at low rating and waste 1 minute of your life. I doubt this is a regular thing and you would have to be exceptionally unlucky to encounter this often.
    It can be really frustrating when trying to cap undergeared alts or even getting better as newbie to face fully geared players who clearly know how to play.

Its the 15th Week of the Season and ppl are still in 522 Gear complaining about 550?
    How hard is 5 Arena Wins and 7 Random BG Wins per week to cap 1800 CP? Assuming u dont like doing arenas and 10 Wins is too much effort for you

It has never been easier to Gear for PvP as 550 Gear has basically become welfare gear and every can get it without effort
    Remember the time when u needed 1800 Rating for T1 Weapon and 2200 Rating for T2 also Ratings for Shoulder and Head Slots?

As for the OP whining about Prideful Geared people on the opposing Faction im sure he smiles a little inside when 550 Gear People join up his faction in a BG and faceroll the opposition

Also with Prideful Conquest many ppl including me are spamming BGs for farming Offset Gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    It can be really frustrating when trying to cap undergeared alts or even getting better as newbie to face fully geared players who clearly know how to play.
    But the worst thing to happen is you get nuked quickly, loose rating and gain a better chance at fighting a team you can win against.