Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Main Switching in WoD

Anyone considering main switching in WoD? I know it is still rather early to make the choice but at the same time just watching blizzard destroy Death Knights and turning every spec into a two button rotation makes me sad. If they don't do anything to spice up Blood or Frost and stop taking away iconic abilities like Blood Strike then I'm so done with this class. So many good memories, been playing DK since Wrath Beta but it may soon come to an end.

I'm thinking either Enhance Shaman or hunter.
    Thoughts?

Unless some significant changes are announced soon, I, too, plan on changing to another class. Very annoying to see other classes already get major iteration while DKs, Blood aside, aren't getting any of the fixes they most direly need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD View Post
    watching blizzard destroy Death Knights and turning every spec into a two button rotation makes me sad. If they don't do anything to spice up Blood or Frost and stop taking away iconic abilities like Blood Strike then I'm so done with this class.
    Wow. Just wow.

Two-button-rotation? The only 2-button rotation that exists is mastersimple, which is getting removed.
    They spiced up blood by quite a bit, maybe you missed that. It's all over the patch notes, in case you didn't notice.
    Iconic abilities like BS? an ability that hasn't been used by a single dk since Cataclysm?

Either you are so obsessed with your view of the dk being the crappiest class ever and the devs being unwilling to do ANYTHING to address dk problems that you are in complete denial of reality, or you are trolling.

Either way, please change class. To anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFish View Post
    Wow. Just wow.

Two-button-rotation? The only 2-button rotation that exists is mastersimple, which is getting removed.
    They spiced up blood by quite a bit, maybe you missed that. It's all over the patch notes, in case you didn't notice.
    Iconic abilities like BS? an ability that hasn't been used by a single dk since Cataclysm?

Either you are so obsessed with your view of the dk being the crappiest class ever and the devs being unwilling to do ANYTHING to address dk problems that you are in complete denial of reality, or you are trolling.

Either way, please change class. To anything.
    Blood - Death Strike, Death Coil, Blood Boil procs
    Frost
    DW - HB, FS,
    2H - OB, FS, HB procs
    Unholy - SS. DC, FS

Everything I just listed is 2 buttons with the occasional proc.....
    We don't even have to care about diseases any more -_-
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2014-05-24 at 06:50 PM.

I will most likely change mains, but not because I dislike anything that major. I tend to switch mains every major raid tier to keep the game interesting for me.

Woltk I did death knight till the start of ICC, then I did warlock

Cata I did warrior for BWD/BOT time, ele shaman in firelands, DS I did hunter

MoP I did monk t14 and t15 and DK for SoO again

So for WoD im thinking druid/priest/mage in that order.
    Last edited by Challenge; 2014-05-24 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    Been DK since WoTLK, nah, never changing.

So what you're saying is that if you ignore most of the spells we use, we use a small number of spells?

Okay.

Feel free to shit up other class forums if you don't want to be here any more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LCD View Post
    Blood - Death Strike, Death Coil, Blood Boil procs
    Frost
    DW - HB, FS,
    2H - OB, FS, HB procs
    Unholy - SS. DC, FS

Everything I just listed is 2 buttons with the occasional proc.....
    Let me correct that (already announced changes included):

Blood: DS, DC, Pest (not only procs, rotational), DnD, SR, also RT
    DW: HB, FS, OB, SR, DnD, PS, Pest (to spread diseases)
    2h: OB, FS, HB, SR, DnD, PS, Pest (to spread diseases)
    Unholy: DC, SS, FeS, SR, PS, DnD, Pest

Main ST rotational abilities:
    Blood: DS, DC, Pest, SR. That and the fact that blood is a tank and has to adapt to any given situation, even more so with WoD, so not really a fixed rotation (plus it has a ton of surv cds that need to be managed properly)
    DW: HB, FS, OB, SR
    2h: OB, FS, HB, SR
    Unholy: SS, FeS, DC, SR
    Not a single 2-button rotation. Even when you just focus on the main ST rotation (buttons pressed at least once every 15s) above 35% that's still at least 3 buttons.
    Depending on the talents you pick you also got BT (which they probably will make unmacroable), PL and BoS, also the possibility to game RE and NP, not mentioning slight rotation adjustments with Trinkets/CDs/Pots up
    Last edited by mmoc16149473f9; 2014-05-24 at 07:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, a stupid whine topic under a misleading title, good job!

Contribute
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-25 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I dk tanked was because it had the most complex rotation (with plague leech) and was one of the most fun tanks out there.

Now, It seems like I might be switching to paladin as they at least have more than 2 buttons to push during a tank fight.

Ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,pes,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,pes,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds

^Dk rotation

Though out of the 11 classes, only one I havent done is a warrior... Maybe I'll try that, with 3 dps specs it might be fun

Plague leech is is garbage, and always has been garbage for blood. There is nothing complex about it, does not add a skillcap or differentiate good blood dks to bad blood dks. Its garbage for anything that isnt dw frost. Stop bringing it up please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    The only reason I dk tanked was because it had the most complex rotation (with plague leech) and was one of the most fun tanks out there.

Now, It seems like I might be switching to paladin as they at least have more than 2 buttons to push during a tank fight.

Ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,pes,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,pes,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds,ds

^Dk rotation

Though out of the 11 classes, only one I havent done is a warrior... Maybe I'll try that, with 3 dps specs it might be fun
    It is becoming icreasingly apparent to me that you are simply a troll. Nobody on these forums should ever respond to you.
    For the sake of keeping threads on topic and preventing pointless explanations on why this guy is wrong, I reccomend everyone to simply ignore everything he says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, already switched to 2nd warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... Main's gonna be feel clunky without 1/3rd of his buttons.. Considering Spriest or Warlock.

I'm not sure. I love playing an elemental shaman and played before it was able to cast lightning bolt while moving. It was awesome. Now I will have to go back to not being able to really cast while moving. That sucks. lol. We'll see though. Currently trying a mage and they're fun, but I hate having to put down that circle thingy every minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    Main's gonna be feel clunky without 1/3rd of his buttons
    except they didn't remove these abilties but replaced them, and therefore left no holes in our rotation.
    think of the current dk "rotation", but with Pest instead of both BB and HS, and DC instead of RS. No changes to our rotation.
    They did however add new interactions between Pest and DS, made DC increase your max health and changed RT to a very powerful cd.

There is not a single change that would make blood dks feel clunky

With them merging BB and HS into just Pest for blood, i hope its tuned properly so when it hits 1 target it will do more damage to that target than it would if there was 4 more next to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    I'll be switching from Frost DK to Shaman next exp barring a major class over haul. we're falling behind in utility, scaling, and overall mechanics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I'll be switching from Frost DK to Shaman next exp barring a major class over haul. we're falling behind in utility, scaling, and overall mechanics.
    How can we be falling behind if there are no nerfs to either of those?
    utility? we are staying the same, everyone else is getting nerfed: Huge buff.
    scaling? We won't be gcd-capped, so haste will be valuable, 2h will deal a lot more frost damage, making mastery more valuable to them. We probably are still last, but the gap is closing, so we're catching up and not falling behind.
    mechanics? While there are no huge changes there (DW will be using OB again), the changes blood received give me hope the devs mmight have some plans for frost too.

Love the new active mitigation mechanics for blood; absolutely despise them changing Blood into a caster spec. If I wanted to play an effete weakling spec I'd roll mage or warlock. They also seem unwilling to change the core problem with frost, so we will inevitably see the standard "MotFW increased by 10%, FS weapon damage increased by 5%, HB AP modifier increased by 8%" EVERY SINGLE RAID TIER like we have this entire expansion. Between frost continually falling behind in damage and blood swapping out its weapon for a wand and a dress I'll be playing a warrior in WoD.