Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    “I feel my homies die, everybody got to die,” said Richardson.
    This is where the meat and potatoes are.
    Now should we drag racism into the evaluation? Yes, but only for the matter to point out the poor treatment of the poor. Only for the fact that more black people are within the poverty range proportionally to others.
    This leads to individuals like this kid. He is not racist. He's aggravated, frustrated and the anger and hatred got the best of him. He doesn't make a difference with his statement. Everybody includes every color, every race.
    Maybe, one day, when we can convince (no damn idea how though) politicians to stop playing the pissing contest and divide the nation, maybe then we can help those people and see how crime rates within that part of the society going down. And then boys like that one, might look actually forward to living.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Because it's doesn't sell papers.

If it was easy to publicize they'd be all over it, as it stands that's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    This. Race is only relevant if it's part of the motive. Something isn't a hate crime just because the perp is of a different race.
    Are you really this naieve? Do you not pay attention to the media where almost everything white on black crime is automatically labeled "racially motivated" even if no evidence to that end exists? Were you not there during the knockout game where little black kids were targeting whites, calling it 'polar bear hunting' and these apologists came out of the wood works to try and explain that this behavior was somehow not 'racially motivated'.

There's a double standard, accept it. YOu can either be part of the problem and pretend it doesn't exist, or you can try to point it out until people take notice and change things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bervose View Post
    Riiiiight, yeah that's it. *rolls eyes*
    I outright called those who believe every white on black crime a 'hate crime' stupid in the post I quoted and I am actually against the very concept of hate crimes adding extra time to a sentence. Naturally I believe what you claimed I do.
    That'll do, social justice warrior, that'll do.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Zombergy your ancedote isn't going to make what the OP posted a hate crime. If the police didn't label it as a hate crime, well it won't be a hate crime.
    I'm fairly certain the police didn't make most of the reported (MSM) murders hate crimes either?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    This is where the meat and potatoes are.
    Now should we drag racism into the evaluation? Yes, but only for the matter to point out the poor treatment of the poor. Only for the fact that more black people are within the poverty range proportionally to others.
    This leads to individuals like this kid. He is not racist. He's aggravated, frustrated and the anger and hatred got the best of him. He doesn't make a difference with his statement. Everybody includes every color, every race.
    Maybe, one day, when we can convince (no damn idea how though) politicians to stop playing the pissing contest and divide the nation, maybe then we can help those people and see how crime rates within that part of the society going down. And then boys like that one, might look actually forward to living.
    I'm not insinuating that this was racially motivated, but you really think he doesn't harbour resentment, and possibly racist tendencies, toward white people?

It's not surprising if he did, considering the lot he's received in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw "white cabbie" and thought to myself that the story had to be make believe. Then I saw it was PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    Why not? If the roles were reversed all you'd hear is "white man shoots taxi driver", hate crime committed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Why not bring race into this? Were the races reversed, you can bet your damn life that NAACP, CNN, Al-Sharpton, Jessie Jackson would ALL be bringing it up.

When it's black on white, it's all right.
    White on black? That's a racist attack!
    Get over yourselves please. Nobody would have had anything to say if the races were reversed. And go ahead, bring up the Trayvon Martin thing. Please.

To the OP, most people only get charged with first-degree murder if there was some other crime involved or if the killer knew that the guy was a cop or something similar. By other crime, I mean if the guy had shot him in the process of robbing him, then that would be first-drgree.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    It's interesting how he's still considered to have "allegedly killed" the cabbie when he openly admitted it.
    That's because in the United State of America everyone is considered innocent until either proven guilty in court or until they plead guilty. All charges are alleged until one of the two occurs.
    Last edited by Zamfix; 2014-05-26 at 07:49 PM.

Could you link some articles? It'd be a "hate crime" if this kid had a history of racial discrimination, making racial comments, or inciting racial strife. Otherwise the races of both the victim and the shooter are a moot point.

Secondly, I don't see how he couldn't have been in the "right state of mind" considering what info you've provided, but a good lawyer is always be able to do their job well.

The kid is still a dickwad and deserves to get a fairly harsh punishment for someone his age being charged with the crimes he has been.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Are you really this naieve? Do you not pay attention to the media where almost everything white on black crime is automatically labeled "racially motivated" even if no evidence to that end exists? Were you not there during the knockout game where little black kids were targeting whites, calling it 'polar bear hunting' and these apologists came out of the wood works to try and explain that this behavior was somehow not 'racially motivated'.

There's a double standard, accept it. YOu can either be part of the problem and pretend it doesn't exist, or you can try to point it out until people take notice and change things.
    I know there's a double standard in some parts of the media and country, but that doesn't mean you have to inject race into things when it doesn't belong as well. Rather, you should focus on getting rid of unnecessary notations of race in all situations. Your criticisms of people like Sharpton become hollow when you're willing to do the exact same thing that they do.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

1.) What evidence is there ever that a large portion of black/white crimes are racially motivated? Why exactly was Zimmerman/Martin a huge race issue? Oh wait, that's right it's because "I can't really see the color of his skin, but I think it was black", right? My point is that 99% of racially motivated crimes are not... racially motivated.
    That has exactly nothing to do with this case.

3.) Well, I'm unsure what charges/sentencing guidelines would be like for minors who commit murder but surely you don't think someone underage should somehow be held less accountable than someone who was over 18 when it comes to murder/homicide at least? There's a difference between a minor trying to get some beer and an adult providing it and a minor murdering someone compared to an adult murdering someone. Please don't try saying "well, we tell under 18/21 year olds that they aren't old enough to make up their mind on smoking/drinking, why not the same for other things".
    Why shouldn't I bring that as an example? Being mature enough to make the decision and accept the responsibilities that go with it for murder is much more serious than smoking or drinking. Voting or having sex with an adult are also less serious than killing another person, yet somehow when it comes time we can find a kid 'mature enough' to hold him responsible like he's an adult? Such double standards are sickening and motivated by revenge. You don't want him tried as an adult for the good of society, you want him tried because he 'deserves it'.

4.) So then you're really trying to say I should be charged differently than you and differently than an 80 year old guy with dementia and down syndrome why exactly? Murder is murder. Maybe your response was a little weak on the details but you're trying to say "my fuse might be shorter than your fuse, therefore I should be charged differently".
    Being quick to anger and having a mental breakdown are different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    Get over yourselves please. Nobody would have had anything to say if the races were reversed. And go ahead, bring up the Trayvon Martin thing. Please.
    What is it like to live in a fantasy land? You must not read the news very much. The media LOVES screaming racism whenever there's a black victim, and loves playing stupid about it when there's a white victim. OPEN YOUR EYES.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Because it's doesn't sell papers.

If it was easy to publicize they'd be all over it, as it stands that's not the case.
    And because a dark-skinned (but white) man shooting a black 17 (I think Martin was?) in self-defense was somehow racially motivated? Oh no, the white man keeping tabs on the black kid was, I forgot.

See? The bulk of hate crimes make no sense being labeled as a hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I'm not insinuating that this was racially motivated, but you really think he doesn't harbour resentment, and possibly racist tendencies, toward white people?

It's not surprising if he did, considering the lot he's received in life.
    I don't know why he's have any resentment against the general public, after-all we're the ones providing his house, food and spending money most likely as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I saw "white cabbie" and thought to myself that the story had to be make believe. Then I saw it was PA.
    Well sure, in NY the majority of cabbies aren't white. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    And because a dark-skinned (but white) man shooting a black 17 (I think Martin was?) in self-defense was somehow racially motivated? Oh no, the white man keeping tabs on the black kid was, I forgot.

See? The bulk of hate crimes make no sense being labeled as a hate crime.
    Zimmerman wasn't charged with a hate crime. Race did play a part in the case though.

Are you so desperate to be a victim of "anti-white" racism that you need to prove (using ironic hypocrisy) that every white guy that is ever attacked is a victim of racism? This is just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Why bring race into this? One guy shot another because he thought he was being cheated, did he say he did it because he is white?

how soon we forget. remember the Martin/Zimmerman case where the media, the left and its race hustlers tried everything in their power to say it was a racially motivated crime. going as far as editing tapes, making up a new racial labeling White Hispanic, and feverously digging through Zimmerman's past trying to find anything that was racist. I do believe he is still under federal investigation for a hate crime

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    how soon we forget. remember the Martin/Zimmerman case where the media, the left and its race hustlers tried everything in their power to say it was a racially motivated crime. going as far as editing tapes, making up a new racial labeling White Hispanic, and feverously digging through Zimmerman's past trying to find anything that was racist. I do believe he is still under federal investigation for a hate crime
    Believe it or not, but not everyone on "the left" thought it was a hate crime. There are definitely race hustlers on the left. I don't deny that. There are also race hustlers on the right. You and the OP qualify as examples of that, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    That has exactly nothing to do with this case.

Why shouldn't I bring that as an example? Being mature enough to make the decision and accept the responsibilities that go with it for murder is much more serious than smoking or drinking. Voting or having sex with an adult are also less serious than killing another person, yet somehow when it comes time we can find a kid 'mature enough' to hold him responsible like he's an adult? Such double standards are sickening and motivated by revenge. You don't want him tried as an adult for the good of society, you want him tried because he 'deserves it'.

Being quick to anger and having a mental breakdown are different things.
    1.) When arguing why one case where the victim was a certain color and the killer was another because one it white/black and not black/white has everything to do with the question? So, care to explain why Zimmerman/Martin was somehow labelled as a hate crime and this isn't? I don't technically see any differences outside of one killing was in self-defense and the other was because a guy felt he was being ripped off?

2.) I don't know if you meant I want him tried as an adult because he's black? If so, that's not why. It's because he killed another person, pretty understandable, no?

3.) Something like taking a life should be charged equal across the board, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Are you so desperate to be a victim of "anti-white" racism that you need to prove (using ironic hypocrisy) that every white guy that is ever attacked is a victim of racism? This is just sad.
    but of coarse anytime the roles are reversed it is