Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You charge all the lessers so if he is found innocent of a higher order, he may still be charged for one of the lessers.

If you only charge the highest and he is found not guilty and you have failed to charge any lessers, he cannot be tried again for the same crime and he is set free.
    The point was, before I read PA defines them differently, how could you charge someone with premeditating a murder and also with not premeditating a murder which is the usual definition of the charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    but of coarse anytime the roles are reversed it is
    According to everyone ever? Or according to biased individuals (individuals who are as biased as you and the OP)? How about you stop relying on truisms to make your arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I'm not insinuating that this was racially motivated, but you really think he doesn't harbour resentment, and possibly racist tendencies, toward white people?

It's not surprising if he did, considering the lot he's received in life.
    Understand what you are saying, and who knows, maybe he has that feeling, for which it's hard to blame him or not.
    I'm however going with his statement and take it literal. And that was an expression of anger against all people.
    We have kids of all colors in all cultures that are frustrated with life and their own in particular. They want to express their anger through violence.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Everyone knows if this was a white guy shooting a black cab driver, SHIT WOULD HIT THE FAN

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    What is it like to live in a fantasy land? You must not read the news very much. The media LOVES screaming racism whenever there's a black victim, and loves playing stupid about it when there's a white victim. OPEN YOUR EYES.
    There are WAY more victims than there is media coverage, my friend, and the media tends to only get in an uproar when there is the appearance of something really shitty going on. As in the Martin/Zimmerman thing, if those cops had arrested him from jump, than there would have been next to no coverage at all. But since it looked like this "white" man, with some potential connections to the police in question, was getting off scott-free, than there needed to be an uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Believe it or not, but not everyone on "the left" thought it was a hate crime. There are definitely race hustlers on the left. I don't deny that. There are also race hustlers on the right. You and the OP qualify as examples of that, I think.
    first of all I didn't start the thread or even made a comment if I agreed it should be a hate crime or not just pointing out the double standard and hypocrisy that is all so prevalent from many on the left

That guy ought to be in for a long prison sentence.

Deleted
    So any time race can be brought up it will be brought up. Perhaps it should be more about "Mentally challenged angry person feels cheated and murders a cabbie for it". Doesn't matter if the guy was white, black, english, spanish, gay, christian. He murdered a guy over a taxi fare. He's just mentally challenged.

Why does race matter here? he would have shot anyone sitting there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    So any time race can be brought up it will be brought up. Perhaps it should be more about "Mentally challenged angry person feels cheated and murders a cabbie for it". Doesn't matter if the guy was white, black, english, spanish, gay, christian. He murdered a guy over a taxi fare. He's just mentally challenged.
    This would make way too much sense....
    Different skin color is automatically a race motivated crime.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

A crime was committed; unless race is shown to be the main motivation for the crime, race is more likely to be coincidental.

Also, we can't separate race from persons - it seems color of skin is integral to a person's identity.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do believe there are a lot of issues today with racism being taken seriously only against some races, this doesn't appear to be one of those cases. The kid that shot the cabbie sounds like a common thug, hopefully the family of the victim get justice. It's only a hate crime if race is a motive, he shot the man because he is ignorant and feels violence is justifiable in a situation of possibly being overcharge. What he did is abhorrent, but that doesn't make it racist simply because both people involved are of different ethnicity.

10+ Year Old Account
    first of all I didn't start the thread or even made a comment if I agreed it should be a hate crime or not just pointing out the double standard and hypocrisy that is all so prevalent from many on the left
    Tit for tat just makes you the same, not better...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    According to everyone ever? Or according to biased individuals (individuals who are as biased as you and the OP)? How about you stop relying on truisms to make your arguments.
    seams to me reading the thread many have the same sentiment as me and the OP
    anytime it is a white on black crime the first thing that is explored is it racially motivated, but when the roles are reversed a black man can yell out die cracker before he shots the white victim they try to explain it away as not being a hate crime.
    take the Knock out Game for example over 90% of the cases are black on white attacks, and I know very few if any was ever labeled as a hate crime and investigated as much. they are even going as far like in NY and wont even admit those attacks was part of the knock out game trend and label them failed attempted robberies. you know dam well if it was young white punks doing it to blacks every single one would be up on federal hate crime charges and don't even try to paly stupid and say different
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2014-05-26 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    but of coarse anytime the roles are reversed it is
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

You treat others how you want to be treated, not how you percieve they would treat you.

Society 101
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just re-title it : Idiot shoots scam artist over small amount of money.
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right.

You treat others how you want to be treated, not how you percieve they would treat you.

Society 101
    just pointing out the double standards and hypocrisy

Bringing race into it just boils more anger for people on both sides.

So unless it was very clearly racially driven and support/evidence shows it as such, then don't bring it up. Simple. It just causes bickering, which can cause further racial tension which can cause further racial violence. It's a cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    seams to me reading the thread many have the same sentiment as me and the OP
    anytime it is a white on black crime the first thing that is explored is it racially motivated, but when the roles are reversed a black man can yell out die cracker before he shots the white victim they try to explain it away as not being a hate crime.
    take the Knock out Game for example over 90% of the cases are black on white attacks, and I know very few if any was ever labeled as a hate crime and investigating as much. they are even going as far like in NY and wont even admit those attacks was part of the knock out game trend and label them failed attempted robberies. you know dam well if it was young white punks doing it to blacks every single one would be up on federal hate crime charges and don't even try to paly stupid and say different
    Yeah, you and those posters want everything to be about race. How much media plays it up, is just not enough for you. You want every crime to be treated with race as the driving force, as it is with hate crime.

- - - Updated - - -

just pointing out the double standards and hypocrisy
    By asking for race to be relevant in more cases and the media?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    Why not just re-title it : Idiot shoots scam artist over small amount of money.
    Because some people want everything to be about race...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Why not bring race into this? Were the races reversed, you can bet your damn life that NAACP, CNN, Al-Sharpton, Jessie Jackson would ALL be bringing it up.

When it's black on white, it's all right.
    White on black? That's a racist attack!
    Just because one side are acting like idiots doesn't mean the other should too

Race didn't need to be brought into this at all