Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, those look like the exact same thing.
    One is WF, the other has a socket. In general case I believe that the socketed trinket is better.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    One is Warforged, one is Socketed.

They're asking if it's worth running with the Warforged version, or the version that gives them 35 multistrike but slightly less Agi/Crit.

Deleted
    In the original post, I put in the wrong picture with the same item. Fixed by now.

Which is better for me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    One is WF, the other has a socket. In general case I believe that the socketed trinket is better.
    Multi strike is our best stat

Yeah, that's not the same picture that was up at first.

Anyway you're looking at 35 MS vs like 8 Agi and 12 Crit. The socket wins by far just in number of sheet stats. As a general rule socket > Warforged (except for weapons) until something ridiculous like 710 item level (because it breaks even around 670 with 35 stat gems but then you'd just put a 50 stat gem in).

Been raiding and floating around 20k~21k and I sim around 25k dps. Long story short, I was wondering if someone might be awesome and provide a WA to track tiger power? I've found a few while searching for the past hour, but they all don't seem to work correctly. I also tried to make my own, but i can't get it to work right either.

I keep letting tiger power fall off. So hopefully a WA will help remedy that, gonna keep trying to get the one im making work in the meantime, but if anyone else wants to be a hero and throw me one that'd be great.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

New monk here. How much worse is chi explosion on single target compared to serenity? I prefer the chi explosion playstyle so I'm wondering if its too much of a dps loss single target.

Around 2k DPS difference at heroic dungeon level gear and goes bigger with better ilvl. That is if you get full use of Serenity. In reality it's smaller (not behind target for every BK, downtime, not using it on CD).

Deleted
    Is the 670 ilvl tectus staff better than one 670 bladefist and one 655 bladefist for a ww monk? I know you should usually just go with better ilvl on weapon, but I'm not sure since only my offhand is 655.

Looking for macro to flip me to Wise Serpent if not in stance and trying to use soothing mist...
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Looking for macro to flip me to Wise Serpent if not in stance and trying to use soothing mist...
    I think this should work
    #showtooltip Soothing Mist
    /cast [stance:2] Stance of the Wise Serpent
    /cast Soothing Mist

Deleted
    I do not understand why RSK should only be used to keep up the debuff instead of using it on CD to spend chi. At least in my case RSK does way more dmg than Blackout Kick. I'm at around 615 ilvl, does this change with higher gearlevels?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Liquor View Post
    I do not understand why RSK should only be used to keep up the debuff instead of using it on CD to spend chi. At least in my case RSK does way more dmg than Blackout Kick. I'm at around 615 ilvl, does this change with higher gearlevels?
    You are mixing information between different setups.

If you are using Chi Explosion, you should only use RSK to keep up the debuff.

However if you are using Serenity, you should indeed be using RSK on cooldown due to its high damage, with the exception that FoF overrides it as long as the RSK debuff won't fall during FoF channel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeAbe View Post
    You are mixing information between different setups.

If you are using Chi Explosion, you should only use RSK to keep up the debuff.

However if you are using Serenity, you should indeed be using RSK on cooldown due to its high damage, with the exception that FoF overrides it as long as the RSK debuff won't fall during FoF channel.
    Thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Liquor View Post
    You're misunderstanding. RSK is higher priority than Blackout Kick in the standard rotation. It does not, however, have higher priority than say Fists of Fury, or a 4 Chi Chi Explosion. If the moment arises where you need to choose between FoF/4CE and RSK (when debut won't fall off), FoF/4CE take priority.

Edit: this is already covered above, all good.

Hey just a quick one... Playing BrM this expansion and I wanted advice on this hypothetical situation. Say I have low health (for example a quarter), my shuffle debuff is about to ware off, I have 2 chi, low energy and have a high stagger? Do I BK? PB? Guard? advice welcome and an explanation as to why. Cheers <3
    The kiss of the sun for pardon
    The song of the birds for mirth
    You are nearer gods heart in a garden
    Than anywhere else on earth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darshana View Post
    Hey just a quick one... Playing BrM this expansion and I wanted advice on this hypothetical situation. Say I have low health (for example a quarter), my shuffle debuff is about to ware off, I have 2 chi, low energy and have a high stagger? Do I BK? PB? Guard? advice welcome and an explanation as to why. Cheers <3
    If you're at a quarter health and you're running Glyph of Expel Harm (like you should be), you Expel Harm, BOK then Purify.

And you tell your healers to stop letting you drop to 25%.

ty Babylonius, will give it a thrashing
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

At what level of haste will I see a benefit from using RJW over Xuen on Tectus (with 4 smalls and 1 medium out at a time)? I can't actually tell whether the effectiveness goes up with Haste or not but as of now it seems that RJW is performing worse on a lot of the higher parses and I'm performing worse with it. Thanks.

question for fistweaving: do i cast tiger palm or blackout kick to get from 4 to 5 stacks of the surging mist buff?

example: im at 2 chi, have 4 stacks of surging mist buff, tiger power and rising sun kick buff is up at 5+ sec, what do i cast? (tiger palm or blackout kick)