Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qraziness View Post
    My question is how am I supposed to have 10 stacks of TEB after only using Xuen, Chi-Wave (which isn't listed but i'm assuming would go here), RSK, TP and 2x Chi Brew? By my likely flawed calculations that's only 5 stacks. Is this opener not the FULL sequence? Wasn't positive if this should go in the WW thread or even the Opener thread, but it seemed like a simple question.
    There is certainly no guarantee that you'll have 10 stacks, thats just a hope. It certainly shouldn't say you should have 10 stacks unless it assumes perfect mastery luck.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Some question about WW Monk and ChiEX in a CM perspective because I get to use my dusty dps offspec! Can't switch to Brew/Serenity single-target spec either since i need my mw spec to raid.

I followed the WW Monk guide regarding ChiEx, and while I understand I should avoid using Tiger Palm unless it's a combo breaker (even then it's low priority) and just keep sun kick debuff in AoE, what about single target ChiEX? Do I try to use it at 2-3 chi whenever possible while still following the same rule for TP and RSK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Some question about WW Monk and ChiEX in a CM perspective because I get to use my dusty dps offspec! Can't switch to Brew/Serenity single-target spec either since i need my mw spec to raid.

I followed the WW Monk guide regarding ChiEx, and while I understand I should avoid using Tiger Palm unless it's a combo breaker (even then it's low priority) and just keep sun kick debuff in AoE, what about single target ChiEX? Do I try to use it at 2-3 chi whenever possible while still following the same rule for TP and RSK?
    If you're simple single targetting with Chi Ex then you should be using Tiger Palm to drop to 3 Chi before using CX. You shouldn't use it with 1 or 2 unless its a combo breaker proc. This should make keeping tiger power up very easy, and continue using RSK to keep the debuff up.

Are there BRM stat weights for pure DPS?

Guild is struggling with getting DPS up on mythic butcher, trying to squeeze out those last few drops.

Deleted
    Multistrike, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Are there BRM stat weights for pure DPS?

Guild is struggling with getting DPS up on mythic butcher, trying to squeeze out those last few drops.
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/download.html

Import your character, press simulate, look at DPS stat weights. It varies quite a bit depending on what you have so you'll get a lot more accurate weights just simming yourself, and the Butcher is perfect for SimC.

What's better for a BrM:

676 Phemos' Axe and 670 Bladefist or 670 Tectus staff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    What's better for a BrM:

676 Phemos' Axe and 670 Bladefist or 670 Tectus staff?
    2h is pretty much always going to win for BrM regardless of stats now, just holding one is worth 10% more EB and GotO.

On Twins if they're split and FoF comes up how long is it worth it to hold FoF? Like, how much is the "secondary damage" from FoF I guess is the better question? And is it the same with SeF out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depetrify View Post
    On Twins if they're split and FoF comes up how long is it worth it to hold FoF? Like, how much is the "secondary damage" from FoF I guess is the better question? And is it the same with SeF out?
    SEF should be out at all times, so talking about Twins without taking SEF into consideration makes no sense. You can always hold off on FoF as long as it doesn't cut a potential cast out later in the fight. Since its very hard to predict how many FoF casts you'll get mid fight, I always air on the side of using it right away, assuming my clone is in range of the other target.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    SEF should be out at all times, so talking about Twins without taking SEF into consideration makes no sense. You can always hold off on FoF as long as it doesn't cut a potential cast out later in the fight. Since its very hard to predict how many FoF casts you'll get mid fight, I always air on the side of using it right away, assuming my clone is in range of the other target.
    Who cares if I miss 2 FoFs overall in a fight if I had 7 that did 50%+ more damage each because of cleave and holding them each for around 5 seconds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depetrify View Post
    Who cares if I miss 2 FoFs overall in a fight if I had 7 that did 50%+ more damage each because of cleave and holding them each for around 5 seconds?
    If you think you know the answer then why ask the question? Not sure where you got any of those numbers but I'll try and show the math.

Phemos Whirlwinds every 90s, the average fight lasts 6:30, so thats 4 casts of Whirlwind max and he casts for 9s. Adding 2s for traveling time before and after WW and you could be holding FoF 12-15s 4 times per fight. If you hold it every time thats at least 2 casts of FoF lost by the end of the fight, assuming you don't miss any time anywhere else.

If you're using FoF on CD then you should fit 15 FoF into the fight. If you're using it on CD and not holding it then you'll get 11 that hit both and 4 that don't.

If both you and your clone hit both targets then it does ((100% + 50%)*2)*.7 = 210% FoF damage, if you don't hit both then it just does ((100%)*2)*.7 = 140% FoF damage. So hitting both targets is a increase of 70% the damage of FoF.

SO: If the trade off is 4 FoF not hitting both targets vs 2 FoF that do hit both targets (subtracting the 2 overall casts you missed). Then you're looking at 4*140% = 560% FoF damage vs 2*210% = 420% FoF damage.

560 > 420, so 4 that dont' split > 2 that do with 2 missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    If you think you know the answer then why ask the question? Not sure where you got any of those numbers but I'll try and show the math.

Phemos Whirlwinds every 90s, the average fight lasts 6:30, so thats 4 casts of Whirlwind max and he casts for 9s. Adding 2s for traveling time before and after WW and you could be holding FoF 12-15s 4 times per fight. If you hold it every time thats at least 2 casts of FoF lost by the end of the fight, assuming you don't miss any time anywhere else.

If you're using FoF on CD then you should fit 15 FoF into the fight. If you're using it on CD and not holding it then you'll get 11 that hit both and 4 that don't.

If both you and your clone hit both targets then it does ((100% + 50%)*2)*.7 = 210% FoF damage, if you don't hit both then it just does ((100%)*2)*.7 = 140% FoF damage. So hitting both targets is a increase of 70% the damage of FoF.

SO: If the trade off is 4 FoF not hitting both targets vs 2 FoF that do hit both targets (subtracting the 2 overall casts you missed). Then you're looking at 4*140% = 560% FoF damage vs 2*210% = 420% FoF damage.

560 > 420, so 4 that dont' split > 2 that do with 2 missed.
    I asked the question because I knew there are obviously scenarios where saving FoF was worth it, I just didn't know what the certain time to hold it would be.

Thanks for crunching the numbers. So this shows me that it would be worth it to hold for around 5-8 seconds in most scenarios on cleave fights.

Deleted
    I'm very new to WW, been playing BRM for my guild since HM came out and wanted to try out learning WW as well. One thing I'm not sure about is do I always use FoF on CD? or do I delay it for 10 TEB stacks? If I don't, is it better to use any TEB stacks you have at the time FoF comes off CD? Or is it better to just use FoF on CD without TEB if you don't have 10 stacks?

This has been confusing me a lot recently, and I've been delaying FoF for 8-10 TEB stacks or trying to use 10 TEB stacks when theres <10 seconds left on FoF to come off CD. I feel like I'm doing it completely wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecayse View Post
    I'm very new to WW, been playing BRM for my guild since HM came out and wanted to try out learning WW as well. One thing I'm not sure about is do I always use FoF on CD? or do I delay it for 10 TEB stacks? If I don't, is it better to use any TEB stacks you have at the time FoF comes off CD? Or is it better to just use FoF on CD without TEB if you don't have 10 stacks?

This has been confusing me a lot recently, and I've been delaying FoF for 8-10 TEB stacks or trying to use 10 TEB stacks when theres <10 seconds left on FoF to come off CD. I feel like I'm doing it completely wrong though.
    This is without a doubt the most frequently asked question. Its all over the forums but I'll answer it again hoping more people see it. The only reasons to delay FoF is if you won't get the full duration off and you will be able to in a short period, or TP/RSK will fall off during the FoF channel. Other than that you want to use it on CD regardless of TEB stacks, they're use is relatively unrelated.

If you have the 690 ring or trinkets that proc,
    you will want to use TEB when those buffs happen to maximize the use of the buffs. Because FoF is a 25s CD and TEB is a 15s buff, chances are you will be able to fit a FoF somewhere during the TEB. You can use TEB at whatever stacks you have to get the most out of the buffs as possible.

If you dont' have the 690 ring or proccing trinkets, then its safe to use TEB before FoF since its our hardest hitting ability. If you can FoF into Serenity during the 15s buff then thats even better. If you're below 9/10 stacks and FoF is up then you can save TEB till the next cast which will let you get ahead on stacks.

Another Cache related question: Is a Mythic Gutwrench Ring a superior tanking item to a Heroic Seal of Unbound Frost? 15 ilvls up, but haste instead of mastery.

@Xequecal - the haste isn't great for tanks (at all) but 15 ilvls of agility are hard to pass up.

With AoE/Cleave spec, ChiEx/Ascension, what is your rotation for single target opener burst (such as on Bracken), and then what should your rotation be just normally when theres only 1 target? Do you keep tiger palm up?

Deleted
    @Depetrify During single target using 3 chi for ChiEx is preferable. Use tiger palm to get from 4 to 3 chi. This should make it easy to keep the buff up. Don't use it earlier unless it's combo-breaker. A rotation is hard to pinpoint but it would be played pretty much like normal, with change that you use "blackout kick" with 3 chi instead of 2.

As for the aoe-spec single target opener, I'm not 100% sure. I'll usually (with 6 starting chi), TP, RSK, ChiEx, jab, jab, Tigereye Brew, FoF, jab, ChiEx, then just wing it. Can't say if this is the best way to go or not, but it's usually pretty succesfull regarding the numbers.

Hope this helps!

I have read the ww guide Calli made and also studied the one on Icy-veins but I still cannot figure out our aoe prio...

1: Is there a ramp up time on SEF? On Darmac I often try to put up 2 SEF on the adds before using RJW and FOF but my dps sucks, so I am doing something wrong.

2: Should SEF be put up on pulls with more than one mob every time, or is it a loss if my RJW and FOF end up hitting a marked target (being aoe attacks) when mobs are stacked at tank?

3: Am I correct that Chi Explosion is only worthwhile for cleaving if mobs are tanking on top of each other? Mages on Mar'gok seem to be too far apart to make any use of Chi Explosion.

Please share your experiences with doing good aoe as I seem to suck at it Following the instructions in guides seems to not work or I misunderstand them...

Thanks in advance