Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weagree View Post
    Does anyone know why does SimC show monks (2h) using mark of warsong rather than mark of frostwolf? I was under the impression that more MS = more damage

Btw, SimC still used serenity and chi brew (not chix).
    The sims that are shown to everyone on SimC are for single target, where serenity/chi brew are best.
    Warsong sims higher than frostwolf, but only by a little, and is often used to prevent multistrike capping if you have trinkets like beating heart and scales.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Got some simple Questions noob style, cause mostly was playing Healers or 2H Classes.

#1 Which slot (right or left) does the high ilvl" main hand" weapon belong to for Dual wield?

#2 Do double Enchants stack when you dual wield or are you supposed to get different Enchants?

#3 Can you move while channeling Hurricane Strikes?
    #1 Left box is "main hand"
    #2 To my knowledge, enchants do stack
    #3 Yes, you can move

Windwalker.

RSK: On cooldown or just for the debuff to be at ~100% uptime?
    TEB is supposed to be used ideally at 10 stacks just before FoF, correct? Or when should it be used in particular?

When used single target, why is Chi Explosion best with 3 chi? Should one be constantly using FoF/TP no matter the situation to make it 3 stacks before casting?

Is there a haste breakpoint for single target WW before ms and crit are #1? I find building just ms and crit extremely lackluster when I have to switch for AoE fights, since I use the same set of gear for both (but am getting more gear so I can eventually switch).
    Last edited by shoepunch; 2015-04-26 at 12:46 AM. Reason: clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoepunch View Post
    Windwalker.

RSK: On cooldown or just for the debuff to be at ~100% uptime?
    TEB is supposed to be used ideally at 10 stacks just before FoF, correct? Or when should it be used in particular?

When used single target, why is Chi Explosion best with 3 chi? Should one be constantly using FoF/TP no matter the situation to make it 3 stacks before casting?

Is there a haste breakpoint for single target WW before ms and crit are #1? I find building just ms and crit extremely lackluster when I have to switch for AoE fights, since I use the same set of gear for both (but am getting more gear so I can eventually switch).
    Use RSK on cooldown when using Serenity provided FoF isn't off CD, and just for 100% debuff uptime with Chi Explosion.

Use TEB before FoF or Serenity, or with any major trinket procs. Stack's aren't important, just don't cap.

Single target Chi explosion is best with 3 chi because with only 1 target, you don't have any additional damage from the AOE that 4 chi gives you. Using the 4th chi on Tiger Palm will do more damage than using it on Chi Explosion. You use it at 3 because you want the additional TEB stacks.

For single target, Multistrike is #1, haste is #2, Vers/Crit #3/4, and mastery is #30. There isn't a point at which haste loses its value that we can reach with gear anytime soon, so not sure if people have put any time into finding it. Multistrike has a breakpoint where you hit 100% with buffs/trinkets/procs/etc, so anything above that doesn't have the same use. Haste "breakpoints" are the point at which we can continue our rotation without any downtime, that point isn't until you can get several thousand haste rating, which was only possible with the old PvP 2pc that was worth about 3k haste.

whats the spirit cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroii View Post
    whats the spirit cap?
    Personal taste, but around 1700 to 1800 spirit is pretty commonly cited. Check the MW thread for a much more detailed discussion of this.

when using power strikes, is there a way to see your chi sphere pickup rate in logs (using warcraftlogs)? I'm assuming Chi Sphere under resources is just showing the number you generated (I'm pretty sure my pickup rate is way lower than the numbers i see there).
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zubic vila View Post
    when using power strikes, is there a way to see your chi sphere pickup rate in logs (using warcraftlogs)? I'm assuming Chi Sphere under resources is just showing the number you generated (I'm pretty sure my pickup rate is way lower than the numbers i see there).
    Thanks!
    They spawns next to you, any movement at all should pick them up. You should be wiggling a little to pick up GotOx spheres anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    They spawns next to you, any movement at all should pick them up. You should be wiggling a little to pick up GotOx spheres anyway.
    oops sorry I didn't think my spec would be relevant as talent is available for all specs, but I'm a MW so the question started to bug me because I tend to move around a lot if I'm not fistweaving.
    I know they spawn next to me, but unfortunately I'm not the best person to keep track of whether they're there and whether I picked them up before moving to another spot in the midst of everything else that is going on. That's why I was hoping to check my own pickup rate via the logs somehow to confirm whether I'm picking them up ok, or not and whether I needed to do something about it or not
    I'm trying out chi brew in the meanwhile and I'm not happy with it, so having a solid idea of how well I'm doing with not wasting spheres would be helpful.

Well, the chi spheres in resources should be it, you might wanna see how many times you had the buff - it should be the same but still. They are very easy to pickup - although you should generally not allow them to appear at all and just get the chi without going over 4.
    Last edited by LoKSET; 2015-04-28 at 08:45 AM.

Windwalker weapon question: I have a 691 head looper and a 685 tal'rak. Just not sure which is better. Have always heard higher item level but the secondary stats on the head looper are not ideal. Thanks for input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucketwah View Post
    Windwalker weapon question: I have a 691 head looper and a 685 tal'rak. Just not sure which is better. Have always heard higher item level but the secondary stats on the head looper are not ideal. Thanks for input.
    They are probably very close, but without simming it, I'd air on the side of 691

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    #2 To my knowledge, enchants do stack
    Internal ICDs are shared for the same enchant. Use different enchants if you're dual-wielding.

So as my guild progresses through blast furnace, I'm trying to look ahead into Blackhand strats and i see that many guild use rogues to pick up Siege Engines in p2 and drop them onto Brewmaster tanks. How do Brewmasters go about surviving for so long against them?

My idea was that all of the healers rotate sacs, ironbarks, pain sups etc, and when that is on cd we use our Fort brew, then Zen Med... But the question is: How long can we keep this up? Is there any guide or place I can read about this or what I should expect from my raid team?

Cheers.

Ww trinket question: which is best combo to use? I have the 700 trink from blackhand, 685 meaty dragonspine w a socket and a 685 beating heart. Thx in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucketwah View Post
    Ww trinket question: which is best combo to use? I have the 700 trink from blackhand, 685 meaty dragonspine w a socket and a 685 beating heart. Thx in advance
    Blackhand/Beating heart for non-ChiEx fights. Meaty Dragonspine/Beating heart for ChiEx fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysami View Post
    Trinket question for me too (mistweaver): 700 auto-repairing autoclave (with gem), 685 elementalist's shielding talisman and 700 ironspike chew-toy. AskMrRobot seems to think that the first two should be used, and my gut feeling tells me the same, but am I somehow being stupid for keeping a mythic trinket in my bags?
    MW benefits hugely from static spirit compared to proc spirit, because of mana tea. Like, about twice as valuable per effective point. Which is why the chew-toy is unloved. (That said, be aware that if you set a spirit cap AMR values static spirit at the pre-cap rate, but *ALWAYS* values proc spirit at the post-cap rate. So it can give misleading results if you don't expect that and, eg, value post-cap spirit at zero. I set my post-cap to ~ half the value of pre-cap, because I'm not at cap yet and so that gives the right values for static vs proc spirit.)

Mistweaver
    Squire's Electroplated Bracers Mythic warforged or Bracers of Shattered Stalactites(685)

Quote Originally Posted by Wipeer View Post
    Mistweaver
    Squire's Electroplated Bracers Mythic warforged or Bracers of Shattered Stalactites(685)
    use stat weights

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ysami View Post
    I've not capped anything, I'm using the default weights. Is there a 'recommended cap' of some kind? I am sat on 1828 spirit, no additional gain from procs. It certainly feels like enough to me, maybe even a bit too much.
    Could be too much for some fights. Not enough for others.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Hello, two (linked) questions:

Do I have too much MS?

I got the trinket from Blackhand last night, should I swap one of my existing MS trinkets for it?

Can't post an armory link as new so I am Tellemar on Defias Brotherhood EU.

Cheers!