Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Is mastery really that bad for us??? Seems crazy low!!

Yes, mastery is really that bad for us
    Last edited by mmocd424af98a0; 2015-06-04 at 08:35 AM.

Are the stats priority on the sticky WW thread still valid or is MS king even for CHEX?

So basically on Monday the guild spent 7 hours on Heroic Mannaroth but we didn't manage to kill him. For this I was tanking after our main left; but today, for the reset, we went back and cleared normal to get some more tier pieces. In doing Mannaroth normal, I still died in the 4th phase and I do not know why.

Here is a log, I am DrunkenBrew: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...deaths&death=3

You can see that I had Zen Med, Elusive Brew, Dampen Harm, and a guard up (fort brew had just expired). HOW DID I DIE?

I also only took one stack of the combo and my death log showed that I did not get hit by the wave. In the replay you can also see every buff and debuff I had at the time. Any information is greatly appreciated, Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Weagree View Post
    my death log showed that I did not get hit by the wave
    Uh...

Drunkenbrew dies from Mannoroth's Empowered Massive Blast Wave
    Yeah it actually pretty clearly says that.

well... There goes that. Funnily enough it didn't appear on my death log in-game.

Do you know of any sure-fire way to not get hit by the wave? I've tried standing inside of the hit-box and outside as well. I don't think I've ever survived a p4 massive blast.

well... There goes that. Funnily enough it didn't appear on my death log in-game.

Do you know of any sure-fire way to not get hit by the wave? I've tried standing inside of the hit-box and outside as well. I don't think I've ever survived a p4 massive blast.
    Be super close inside the hitbox. Skada will show the wave damage as just Empowered Massive Blast for some reason so that's probably why it doesn't show up for you. Basically if you get hit for 1m instead of 400k it was the wave, not the blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Be super close inside the hitbox. Skada will show the wave damage as just Empowered Massive Blast for some reason so that's probably why it doesn't show up for you. Basically if you get hit for 1m instead of 400k it was the wave, not the blast.
    Alright, I'll try that next time. Thanks.

Tanking gear question: Im currently still wearing t17 four piece. Is it worth it to ditch the 4 piece since the ilvls are all 685 and focus on getting some of the ilvl 695 + from tannan jungle and crafting some of the 715 gear? Thanks in advance

Here's a question: For most practical windwalkers progressing mythic you have 2 viable choices for 2-handers; Heroic Mannaroth 2h and Mythic Kormrok 2h. Which is better and which should I be trying to coin?

When some sort of cosmic disruption causes my windwalking aura to fall off, is there a way to "cast" it back on without changing specs?

Quote Originally Posted by topapagaramonde View Post
    Are the stats priority on the sticky WW thread still valid or is MS king even for CHEX?

Yes.

MS (to softcap) > Haste > Vers ~ Crit > > Additional MS > > > Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Bucketwah View Post
    Tanking gear question: Im currently still wearing t17 four piece. Is it worth it to ditch the 4 piece since the ilvls are all 685 and focus on getting some of the ilvl 695 + from tannan jungle and crafting some of the 715 gear? Thanks in advance
    Yes. The benefit of the additional mastery, crit, stam and agility outperforms your 4 piece for sure and your 2 piece, so long as you are getting pieces that are itemized appropriately. Don't go wearing a Haste/Vers item over a Crit/Mastery.

Here's a question: For most practical windwalkers progressing mythic you have 2 viable choices for 2-handers; Heroic Mannaroth 2h and Mythic Kormrok 2h. Which is better and which should I be trying to coin?
    The Mythic Kormrok is much better due to 5 ilvl's higher and better itemization. The mastery on the Mannoroth polearm hurts it. I would coin for the Kormorok weapon, but if you get the Mannoroth one, then it's certainly not terrible with how much MS is on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adus View Post
    When some sort of cosmic disruption causes my windwalking aura to fall off, is there a way to "cast" it back on without changing specs?
    I have never seen this happen. Are you sure it isn't an interface glitch? The only way I could see to re-apply it would be to change specs.
    Last edited by Kaylisto; 2015-07-28 at 12:24 PM.

[Brewmaster]

I have a choice between Mark of Supreme Doom and Chipped Soul Prism as a trinket right now. The soul prism seems like the obvious choice, but mark almost seems like it might be worth it because it gives me 7% leech and 20% reduced area damage plus some run speed. Any insight?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    [Brewmaster]

I have a choice between Mark of Supreme Doom and Chipped Soul Prism as a trinket right now. The soul prism seems like the obvious choice, but mark almost seems like it might be worth it because it gives me 7% leech and 20% reduced area damage plus some run speed. Any insight?
    Thank you for specifying spec clearly! ^.^ not enough people do.

Soul Prism is the way to go.

Leech = worthless unless it happened to roll as an extra on an actual tanking item.
    Avoidance = not your main concern as a tank as you are in melee and often do not have to worry about AOE. Situational at best and again, better tacked onto an actual tanking item.
    Speed = not necessary. While nice, we get 10% from cloak enchant and have roll, tigers lust, transcendance. Use it out in the open world to run faster if you want, but for raiding it doesn't do much.

Soul prism is good, but there is much much better. While soul prism is the better of these two, it's fairly stat poor for each individual stat. Replace it when you can.

thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylisto View Post
    I have never seen this happen. Are you sure it isn't an interface glitch? The only way I could see to re-apply it would be to change specs.
    It used to happen to me regularly in the Maidens area in BRF. Switching from BM back to WW would get it back.

The problem now is that I actually have 2 WW specs. I never cared to tank or heal so I figured I may as well save myself respeccing between Chiex and Serenity and just set up two WW specs.

However changing between them will make the Windwalking buff go away. It'll blink for 10 seconds like I got too far away... from myself, then disappears. It's not an interface error because my runspeed decreases and no one else in my group/raid has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adus View Post
    It used to happen to me regularly in the Maidens area in BRF. Switching from BM back to WW would get it back.

The problem now is that I actually have 2 WW specs. I never cared to tank or heal so I figured I may as well save myself respeccing between Chiex and Serenity and just set up two WW specs.

However changing between them will make the Windwalking buff go away. It'll blink for 10 seconds like I got too far away... from myself, then disappears. It's not an interface error because my runspeed decreases and no one else in my group/raid has it.
    That's really bizzare. I would report it as a bug to Blizzard.

Mistweaver:

Just started playing Mistweaver (coming from disc) and trying to tweak some things so have a few questions

1. Do you cast expel harm on cooldown?

2. when taking pool of mists do you keep ReM on cooldown as well?

3. Being Chi capped is bad I assume and that if there is not a lot of damage, I would cast revit mist on teh tank and then continue to keep casting ReM ? (Or switch to Crane and go to town?)

Thanks!

Deleted
    Windwalker (or any spec for that matter)

Does Bloodlust, Time Warp or Hero positively affect Xuen or serenity? If youre running Chi explosion I guess its great but other than that im confused.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigartanten View Post
    Windwalker (or any spec for that matter)

Does Bloodlust, Time Warp or Hero positively affect Xuen or serenity? If youre running Chi explosion I guess its great but other than that im confused.
    It positively effects Xuen, he gains your stats. It negatively effects Serenity as you're just wasting more energy when Serenity is up. Thats why, outside of the opener, you want to avoid using Serenity during Bloodlust if possible.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by dbd_rage View Post
    Mistweaver:

Just started playing Mistweaver (coming from disc) and trying to tweak some things so have a few questions

1. Do you cast expel harm on cooldown?

2. when taking pool of mists do you keep ReM on cooldown as well?

3. Being Chi capped is bad I assume and that if there is not a lot of damage, I would cast revit mist on teh tank and then continue to keep casting ReM ? (Or switch to Crane and go to town?)

Thanks!
    1. Yes. Especially if you have the power strikes talent as it will give you extra chi. From a range, EH is our most efficient chi builder. You should have it glyphed as well so that you can cast it on others.

2. You want to always keep at least 1 charge charging. General rule though is to always have 2 ReM out at all times. Your uplift hits 6 people max now I believe. 2 ReM allows you to get full use of uplift.

3. Chi capping is bad and the reason a lot of people don't do well on Mistweaver. In periods of low damage it is preferable to go into crane and go to town. This build you some mana tea stacks at a pretty good rate which you can hold onto for just before a heavy period of healing. Otherwise, you would cast enveloping mists on a tank to dump 3 chi and then go back to casting ReM.