View Poll Results: How much of the world do you think is still left undiscovered?

Voters
80. This poll is closed
  • 90% (we've only scratched the surface)

18 22.50%
  • 75% (there still so much more, we got a long ways to go)

14 17.50%
  • 50% (we've seen a lot, but there still equally more to see)

13 16.25%
  • 25% (there's probably still something big out there)

12 15.00%
  • 10% (Most of what's out there, we know now)

23 28.75%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    most of it, the oceans are mostly empty

Voted 70%

Age of exploration is mostly over and yet a lot of still undiscovered and unknown, recently there was an entire underground ecosystem discovered in australia, most african forests are still fairly virgin and then we have the entire real under the waters.
    And we still are discovering thousands of new species every year, even in places that are highly populated, we became quite self absorbed in the current era, mostly exploring ourselves instead of the world around us, so i doubt we have discovered half of what is there to discover.

Voted 50%. Earth still has millions of species left unnamed and undiscovered, we haven't scratched the surface of subterranean and oceanic travel.

As for the earth's surface, we've either destroyed it, or it has no land value and we don't feel like destroying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the world is underground.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    10%

Oh I don't doubt that there's many species of deep ocean fish, bacteria and other bottom feeding lifeforms. But anything "big", as in something that would make people go "whoa!"? No, we've found all the really interesting stuff we're going to find imo.

the oceans floors have been mapped already, mostly by military, year after year those maps get more detailed so we cannot call it "undiscovered" but if we are talking about "exploration" then even some part of Amazzonia aren't been fully explored.

Undiscovered +-5% without counting deep underground (> of mining and oil exploration)
    Unexplored +-95% considering deep ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting to find the Kaiju at the bottom of the ocean. I mean 90% of the ocean hasn't even been explored. Hopefully something is lurking deep below. Only one can hope! xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    My point being, sure we have some small discoveries to make. But it´s not like there is some mystery part of the ocean hiding Kaiju
    Thanks,buzzkill.

I voted 75% because it's the closest percentage to the portion of the Earth covered by ocean.

I think there's a saying somewhere about how we know less about the bottom of the oceans than we know about space.

Deleted
    My bedroom is yet undiscovered by the female of the species.