Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Seriously you don't understand what is happening, Tyler will live the next 5 years as a boy at which point he can turn back on it with no negative consequences, from there on he will be given a couple of years without female secondary sexual characteristics again no negative consequences. From there on he be given testosterone which will give his body male secondary characteristics and within the first few months it's entirely reversable only longer in does it have an degree of permanence, and then when he's 18 having lived the last 16 years as a boy will he be applicable for permanent procedures, in particular the construction of a penis.
    This isn't 'no consequence' at all, this can all wait till 18 years old. This isn't something that needs to be done now, I've known tons of people that when they were kids played with barbies and thought being a girl would be cool. Skip forward 10 years they are perfectly normal and completely lost thoughts on becoming a female. Why? Because their parents didn't think "Oh lets make our son/daughter a media sensation and possible scientific guinea pig".

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post
    Sure go for it then? I'm not sure if it makes that huge of a difference.
    But it gives me the grumpies when everyone else is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Lots of what ifs. It all depends on the environment of the school and how he approaches high school. I'm guessing at that point he'll just be another one of the guys, it's literally not going to matter, because he started transitioning so earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Good, I wouldn't give a shit what works for you anyway.
    You think he'll be 'one of the guys' are you out of your mind? I'm starting to think you've never been to a public school in your life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Unfortunately the children today are now suffering from the insanity of some of their parents who literally feed them with "you are not a boy/girl, you are <insert whatever fad is currently going on, I can't be arsed to keep up> -gender.

Just wait till these completely messed up kids reach adulthood. In fact, I don't want to even think about it.
    As a small child I knew I was in the wrong body.
    As a child My parents where fundamental Baptists, actually they still are. My father would talk about how 'The Gays' were pedophiles and deserved Hell, and people cross dressed where letting Satan in. So yah, I had a healthy childhood, I never told my parents how I felt. I avoided even remotely giving away any clue of how I felt as a kid.

I also had a lot of issues growing up, most can be traced to my hiding the truth from my family. Which is a good thing since after I came out my folks have made it clear I should die and go to hell now.

If you can't come up with more than four words you've already lost this argument, badly.
    Like 90% of your responses are ad hominem insults.. pretty pointless to argue with you in my opinion.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    This isn't 'no consequence' at all, this can all wait till 18 years old. This isn't something that needs to be done now, I've known tons of people that when they were kids played with barbies and thought being a girl would be cool. Skip forward 10 years they are perfectly normal and completely lost thoughts on becoming a female. Why? Because their parents didn't think "Oh lets make our son/daughter a media sensation and possible scientific guinea pig".
    No, it really can't wait because that's psychological torture. There's a complete 180 degree difference between "oh being a girl would be cool" and knowing you're actually a girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Like 90% of your responses are ad hominem insults.. pretty pointless to argue with you in my opinion.
    Then present an argument and let's see. My arguments are valid and sometimes I include an ad hominem for flavor. The rest stands though. Because people like you hurt my brain.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

No, it really can't wait because that's psychological torture. There's a complete 180 degree difference between "oh being a girl would be cool" and knowing you're actually a girl.
    Really? And how exactly would you decipher which one a 2/7 year old believes? Words? I told my friends I was secretly batman when I was 10, damn well made em believe it too.

You think he'll be 'one of the guys' are you out of your mind? I'm starting to think you've never been to a public school in your life.
    lol it's just like your comment about how homosexuality itself in high school has a long way to go being accepted. How about being openly homosexual in the military and oh wait I am and I'm just one of the guys, too.

I'm starting to believe that our society is going to head down a dark and dangerous path. We've already seen what excessive discrimination can do to the world and I honestly think we're about to see what excessive tolerance will do. Where do we draw a line?

Really? And how exactly would you decipher which one a 2/7 year old believes? Words? I told my friends I was secretly batman when I was 10, damn well made em believe it too.
    You lived your life as Batman day in and day out? You see I ask this because I already know the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it even possible to know what a transgendered person is at 2 let alone that you are one 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    As a small child I knew I was in the wrong body.
    As a child My parents where fundamental Baptists, actually they still are. My father would talk about how 'The Gays' were pedophiles and deserved Hell, and people cross dressed where letting Satan in. So yah, I had a healthy childhood, I never told my parents how I felt. I avoided even remotely giving away any clue of how I felt as a kid.

I also had a lot of issues growing up, most can be traced to my hiding the truth from my family. Which is a good thing since after I came out my folks have made it clear I should die and go to hell now.
    I get an odd visceral boner hearing about categorically-mentally fucked up people giving religion a bad name.
    Not that I wish to sound insensitive that your parents are cunts. Hope you're a comfortable distance from them now.
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    How is it even possible to know what a transgendered person is at 2 let alone that you are one 0o
    Did you know your species was Homo sapien when you were 2? Did that make you not one?

lol it's just like your comment about how homosexuality itself in high school has a long way to go being accepted. How about being openly homosexual in the military and oh wait I am and I'm just one of the guys, too.
    Congratulations on being an adult and in an environment not even remotely similar to a high school, also from what I understand many homosexuals are actually quite heavily hazed in the military since this change. So even if YOU are experiencing something doesn't me someone else is experiencing it completely differently.

- - - Updated - - -

You lived your life as Batman day in and day out? You see I ask this because I already know the answer.
    I see you ask this because.... you have no clue if a 7 year old ACTUALLY is transgender or it is a phase, you can't decipher that realistically without taking large unnecessary risks, which the parents seem to prefer.

Then present an argument and let's see. My arguments are valid and sometimes I include an ad hominem for flavor. The rest stands though. Because people like you hurt my brain.
    Yep, pointless. I wonder if there's any new on the funny pictures thread.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'm starting to believe that our society is going to head down a dark and dangerous path. We've already seen what excessive discrimination can do to the world and I honestly think we're about to see what excessive tolerance will do. Where do we draw a line?
    The parents here should be flexing their right to make life decisions the child can't because its brain doesn't work yet. Like 'slow the hell down till you can actually grasp the magnitude of what you're asking for, child'.
    Parents have gotten pretty damn lax.

I see you ask this because.... you have no clue if a 7 year old ACTUALLY is transgender or it is a phase, you can't decipher that realistically without taking large unnecessary risks, which the parents seem to prefer.
    When they say they've known since five years ago and have gotten their name changed that's pretty big reason to believe they're transgendered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Yep, pointless. I wonder if there's any new on the funny pictures thread.
    Have fun and don't exercise that big ol brain too much.

When they say they've known since five years ago and have gotten their name changed that's pretty big reason to believe they're transgendered.
    Yeah because, "I knew I was transgender when I was still learning to walk well and say basic words" is a valid argument right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Actually there are several easy tests that are made to determine Gender Dysphoria, you can not fake a positive result.

Deleted
    I'm a bit skeptical of it at the age of 2... It took quite the while for me to understand that boys and girls were different as far as I can remember.