Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Elliot Rodgers, murderer of 6, quotes Garrosh in final video

Those of you who watch the news will be familiar with the recent story of Elliot Rodgers, 22, son of assistant director of The Hunger Games and college student at Isla Vista. For those of you not familiar, he went on a murderous rampage killing around 6 people and injuring a further 7 as well as taking his own life (assumed, could have been police gun fire that killed him, topic disputed.

What many people did not know what that Elliot Rodgers posted YouTube videos exclaiming his life's problems and reasons why he despises humanity. In his final video, sat in his car at sunset, he goes onto confess his plans to carry out a massacre the next day, a day he has had marked on his calendar for a while. He called it his "Day of Retribution".

The main reason I'm writing this, though, is because half way through watching it I couldn't help but clip onto something.

The motherf*cker quotes Garrosh Hellscream in his confession.

See for yourselves.

Elliot Rodgers Quote at 5:30

Garrosh Quote at 1:37

Upon reading his 141-page life-story manifesto where he detailed his exact gruesome plans for his massacre, he also wrote alot (a LOT) about World of Warcraft. Turns out I was right, he did indeed play WoW and if you watch his final video from start to finish - the words he uses, the way he speaks is almost like a script pulled straight from the game.

Make of it what you wish, just thought it would be interesting to point out.
    Last edited by Obsolus; 2014-05-27 at 11:34 AM.

can you please just say the relevant quotes so i don't have to watch ten minutes of youtube video.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving the thread.

This doesn't belong in the World of Warcraft General Discussion forum. Yes, it is a quote from the game but it isn't about the game but someone else. Sending it to off-topic.

- Gehco
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

And again he get his 7 minutes of fame. This gimp should be forgotten. Not what happened and the victims. But this dude should be forgotten.
    Not get his will and the vid posted all over

Deleted
    I think he should have said 'oceans of blood' intead of 'rivers of blood'. sounds edgier. also I'd have given him extra points for originality. I mean come on kid, if you go postal at least have the dignity to have a bit of authenticity.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-05-27 at 11:46 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a lousy human being he was.

10+ Year Old Account
    More people play WoW than 38 U.S. States have people. Not surprising that there's a few psychopaths in that group.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    And again he get his 7 minutes of fame. This gimp should be forgotten. Not what happened and the victims. But this dude should be forgotten.
    Not get his will and the vid posted all over
    He's dead, who cares what his will was? It's important to dissect and discuss so that it can be better prevented in the future.

Deleted
    Man, he talks against "Brute" guys then you say how he quotes Garrosh? Garrosh is the most Brute kind dude there is! Still saying this is more of a Khorne wording than Garrosh, even Garrosh copied it from Khorne.

10+ Year Old Account
    And what is the damn quote, I sure enough don't wanna sit through two vids.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Does this actually matter? If he was a drug user people would be blaming drugs. If he drank people would be blaming alcohol. The shooter is dead so society has nobody to blame or hate, so they choose a target that furthers personal beliefs or agendas.
    I was not blaming WoW. Just pointing out the odd connection.

15+ Year Old Account
    He's as pathetic in death as he was in life. This video further emphasizes that his own inadequacies were the only reason his existence was 'tortured'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And what is the damn quote, I sure enough don't wanna sit through two vids.
    'I'll reduce you all to mountains of skulls and rivers of blood'

-Garrosh

you wanna reduce me to a mountain? sounds neat!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    'I'll reduce you all to mountains of skulls and rivers of blood'

-Garrosh

you wanna reduce me to a mountain? sounds neat!
    Thank You

Yay, yet ANOTHER thread about this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ägallar View Post
    He's as pathetic in death as he was in life. This video further emphasizes that his own inadequacies were the only reason his existence was 'tortured'.
    Severe mental illness =/= inadequacies.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Does this actually matter? If he was a drug user people would be blaming drugs. If he drank people would be blaming alcohol. The shooter is dead so society has nobody to blame or hate, so they choose a target that furthers personal beliefs or agendas.
    I don't think anyone's blaming Warcraft. It's just an observation. He quoted Anakin Skywalker's (he also said he was a big SW fan in his manifesto) "slaughter them like animals" line too, and in a much more blatant manner.

It is eerie though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is a bad influence, see blizzard do you regret turning into a psycho now? Those deaths are on your hands!! Just kidding, if it wasn't garrosh it would have been another despicable character/ person...like anduin...

Any links to this manifesto, i'm rather bored...

10+ Year Old Account
    This Garrosh line might be a pop culture reference to Ghostbusters .....
    Not that Blizzard isn't famous for it's pop culture addiction. lol

Ghostbusters II:
    On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!

10+ Year Old Account
    it could have been worse, he could have quoted Med'an
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.