Elemental damage dilemma

Hey there everyone!
    So as it happens after months (?) of farming I am nearing the completition of Tal Rasha/Vyr/Aughild set on my Wiz, I only need the Vyr boots to set off. My problem is, that I want to keep my energy armor+sparkflint+force weapon while using archon and still get all 4 meteors from Rasha. Sparkflint procs fire, arcane torrent arcane and glacial spike the frozen one. However, then I will lack the lightning one, for which I have possibilities:
    - I can go for storm armor, but then again ill lose the energy armor
    - I can rely on my TF procs to call meteors ever so often
    - Get a lightning weapon.

Now the main question as it is in the title relates to the 3rd option: if I get a lightning weapon (aside from my TF, as it would sometimes proc) would I also get the lightning meteor, even if I only attack with different elemental spells ( aka the + lightning damage on the weapon woould proc), or only if I use lightning spells myself?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerfarien View Post
    after months (?) of farming
    RoS release was 64 days ago. Two months and a few days.

Now the main question as it is in the title relates to the 3rd option: if I get a lightning weapon (aside from my TF, as it would sometimes proc) would I also get the lightning meteor, even if I only attack with different elemental spells ( aka the + lightning damage on the weapon woould proc), or only if I use lightning spells myself?
    Your weapon damage gets overwritten by your spell damage, as far as I know. Might be it's changed or that I've understood it incorrectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there everyone!
    So as it happens after months (?) of farming I am nearing the completition of Tal Rasha/Vyr/Aughild set on my Wiz, I only need the Vyr boots to set off. My problem is, that I want to keep my energy armor+sparkflint+force weapon while using archon and still get all 4 meteors from Rasha. Sparkflint procs fire, arcane torrent arcane and glacial spike the frozen one. However, then I will lack the lightning one, for which I have possibilities:
    - I can go for storm armor, but then again ill lose the energy armor
    - I can rely on my TF procs to call meteors ever so often
    - Get a lightning weapon.

Do you have a TF? Because TF does not sometimes proc. It procs all the time with a 1 seconds cool down. I use TF to cover the lighting damage on my mage for that passive. You can use any elemental type of spell you want. you will still proc lightning damage and get the boost.

RoS release was 64 days ago. Two months and a few days.
    This. People blow shit out out of control. No need to make stuff sound like your burn out after applying crazy hardship effort lol.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Haha, sorry for the farming stuff, I didn't want to imply that "omg I am so hardcore, farmed my life off" shenanigans, I could not just remember when RoS came out.
    Thank you for your feedback. Yes, I have TF and it seems it will be the candidate to cover my Lightning damage after all. To farming back we go! *flies away*

Deleted
    Haha, sorry for the farming stuff, I didn't want to imply that "omg I am so hardcore, farmed my life off" shenanigans, I could not just remember when RoS came out.
    Don't worry about it, neither could I. That's why I looked it up, and since you had a question mark there, I thought I'd answer.

This is what I did for a fire vyr/tal archon build, I chose this to provide 20% more damage via elemental exposure to my group. Some ppl go pure damage and only go vyr and then equip Cindercoat or Magefist with a Andariel, but lose the meteors and the EE passive

Fire from MM conflag, Archon
    Frost from Familiar icicle
    Arcane from blackhole
    Lightning from TF proc