Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I have manners but I wont equate my moral values with people of a different culture. I also don't want them trying to put their moral values on me.
    Even countries like Pakistan have laws that require a trial before execution. This, at the very least, violated that. You're just being an ass to be an ass.

Deleted
    I have manners but I wont equate my moral values with people of a different culture. I also don't want them trying to put their moral values on me.
    No you don't. You think it's fine that a woman was stoned to death.

Go to some forum where thinking stoning is acceptable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post
    All I have to do is read the article you posted. I don't even need to read anywhere else to see that it is quite common in their country. She should have thought about that before deciding to marry the person.

It doesn't matter if I stand by it or not. It's their country not ours. In their opinion a lot of stuff we do is wrong. Who's really to say who is right or wrong? In their country "honor killings" are accepted... So she got what she deserved for breaking the rules.
    Pakistan signed the UDHR.

Troll harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    meh, cultures.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

All I have to do is read the article you posted. I don't even need to read anywhere else to see that it is quite common in their country. She should have thought about that before deciding to marry the person.

It doesn't matter if I stand by it or not. It's their country not ours. In their opinion a lot of stuff we do is wrong. Who's really to say who is right or wrong? In their country "honor killings" are accepted... So she got what she deserved for breaking the rules.
    Yeah the western world is so terrible for believing in human and civil rights.

The middle east want to complain about their poverty and how the modern western world looks down at them but then they can't prove that they've evolved as a society in the last 2000 years. You don't see European or American Muslims pulling this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    To be honest I dont think even if I was raised in that society with those values that I would find stoning my daughter to be acceptable. How much of a sub human monster would you need to be to take pride in that. Truly disgusting, the culture, the family, all of it.
    Went to school with some children of Pakistani immigrants. Its not Pakistani law, and its merely "tradition" in extremist families.
    and breaking a tradition is not actual law breaking, so using "but she broke the law" is a bullshit excuse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    meh, cultures.
    nah degenerates being degenerates, there is nothing cultural about kiling an innocent woman because she dared to love a man she actually loved

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Apologists can rationalize anything.

Islam is going through the same shit Catholicism did, coming out of the dark ages. It's going to horrible and bloody in poorer nations, but will hopefully resolve itself within the next 50-100 years ( most likely 200 at this rate).
    Oh, look! Another thread were racists and bigots spew their shit. How new and exciting. Seriously, if we could just stop with all the US and Islam bashing threads, mmo-champion would be so much better off.

You know what? I wonder if they said the same things about us, after Breivik: "Ah, democracy/christianity strikes again!" - If we could all just stop all the hate, everyone would be better off.
    Islam is a beautiful religion, just like Christianity is. The Middle East is (mostly) a beautiful place. My girlfriend and I were treated like kings in Morocco, Turkey and UAE, the places i've been. It was an eventure. Keep an open mind and respect peoples differences. Just because some people does some shit, it doesn't mean that everyone is like that, geez.
    If it wasn't religion, there would be some other excuse. It's just human nature to cause mischief and spew hatred.
    Last edited by aoussar123; 2014-05-27 at 08:26 PM.

What a load of bullshit.

This is why I hate some different cultures the are so backwards that the keep going backwards even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I don't think families stoned their daugthers if they married someone they didn't like in the bronze age :/

degenerates that do this were spawned relatively recently by the religion of love and peace ;P
    stoning people to death (even family members) is FAR from a new thing. I find it hard to believe this hasn't been happening over the course of history, especially for that part of the world. and this religion has been around for hundreds of years. again, this isn't new.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2014-05-27 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cant complain about the rules after you knowingly break them.
    I can complain about the rules when they're wrong, immoral and/or evil.

Ever hear of a man named Martin Luther King? He complained about a bunch of rules after he knowingly broke them.

You know what happened? Those rules were removed.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I can complain about the rules when they're wrong, immoral and/or evil.

Ever hear of a man named Martin Luther King? He complained about a bunch of rules after he knowingly broke them.

You know what happened? Those rules were removed.
    Kids commenting on massive issues dude.

They most likely don't even know who MLK was.

I would imagine that what's happening in the region is a defense against globalization - they revert back to their old cultural habits to protect themselves from the new global culture (a version of the western culture), which they see as a threat to their way of life.
    Countries which have a culture traditionally more similar to the global culture tend adapt rather well, regardless of the economic situation. Example is Eastern Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    I would imagine that what's happening in the region is a defense against globalization - they revert back to their old cultural habits to protect themselves from the new global culture (a version of the western culture), which they see as a threat to their way of life.
    Countries which have a culture traditionally more similar to the global culture tend adapt rather well, regardless of the economic situation. Example is Eastern Europe.
    United Arab Emirates and Turkey says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by aoussar123 View Post
    Islam is a beautiful religion, just like Christianity is.
    So what you're saying is that it's terrible.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    UAE behead people and still retain the punishment of death by stoning, amongst other barbaric practices.

Turkey is a better reflection, but is far more westernized.

It's horrible, but nobody can change their culture but them. Maybe once the older generations die out, the more tolerant youth will step in and make huge social changes over there.

Deleted
    Turkey:
    Human Rights: http://www.hrw.org/europecentral-asia/turkey "the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) has demonstrated a growing intolerance of political opposition, public protest, and critical media."

"Honour Killings" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing#Turkey

Yeah, please just take a message.

Im gona get hate for this but sorry that whole part of the world may be the cradle of civilization but imo we need to reset the whole middle east.