Need help with new PC (first time builder)

Hi everyone,
    I never built a PC myself so this is my first attempt to do this but I'd greatly appreciate any help.
    Budget: $800 (900-950 with monitor).
    Resolution: 1920x1080
    Games/Settings desired: WoW on high/ultra, Dota 2 on high/ultra and maybe some others (Hearthstone).
    Country: Ukraine (I'll pick parts up myself in local store).
    No parts can be reused and the PC will be used mostly for frequent video encoding, then gaming, also work in Adobe After Effects, maybe some streaming. Plus, no need for peripherals and OS, except for monitor (22 inches, desirable).
    This is the build I've come up with so far:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BV6w7P

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Scythe SCKTN-4000 55.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($26.83 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($88.79 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Kingston Fury White Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($177.86 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.43 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Zalman ZM-Z9 U3 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Cooler Master i700 700W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $ $784.18 (I deducted discounts cause they won't work in my country)
    once a drood - always a drood!

Deleted
    I'd whack it up to a 2TB HDD, theres an IBM one with 64mb cache.
    Look for a video card with a 256bit memory bus.
    Also I think most people favour Intel Core I5 as best bang for buck at the mo but ive been out of the loop a bit.

However if thats all you can get in a local store its still a bloody good set up!

Deleted
    get an intel core i5 instead of the amd, intel is better performance in games, but if you need it for editing, go for the 8 core. same with the ram, go for 16 if you really need it.

consider a WD Harddrive, they are generally longing lasting

700W is way too much, go for something like 500-550W which is still plenty (look at my rig in the sig, this is running on a 600W one... just try to get a high quality PSU with 80+ bronze atleast)

good luck and have fun with your build. hope it will work and give you what you want it do be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Also I think most people favour Intel Core I5 as best bang for buck at the mo but ive been out of the loop a bit.
    not necessarily more bang for the buck, intels tend to be a bit more expensive but they perform better in games. OP said hes gonna encode a lot, so that would profit more from the amd eight core i reckon
    Last edited by mmocc699543fbd; 2014-05-27 at 08:58 PM.

Deleted
    I think you've got a dilema here. First of an amd will be good for your video editing but not so good for gaming. An i5 wood be good for gaming and not very handy for editing. The ideal would be an i7 setup but you need to go up around 1k or more for that.

Deleted
    Really hard to tell him what to get without having an idea of pricing and availability. Depending on the pricing and with encoding/editing in mind it's possible the AMD CPU might not be a bad choice overall.