In between Queues I have been running on my different mounts

I have come to the conclusion it is going to look pretty funky on the ground. I especially like the way my drakes tail goes back and forth super fast.

Which mounts do you think will look the silliest running?

For the record, this is a ground post not a flying post, so please do not report it.

I'd imagine cloud serpents would be weird, hovering as they do. Or anything without an actual ground animation. Phoenix etc etc.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'd imagine cloud serpents would be weird, hovering as they do. Or anything without an actual ground animation. Phoenix etc etc.
    Do you think they are going to put legs or just allow some mounts to fly on the ground like a disc or carpet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Which mounts do you think will look the silliest running?
    The ones that you pay the most for.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Phoenix will actually look ok on the ground since it's animation is very modest. The sound of constantly flapping wings on the other hand..

10+ Year Old Account
    Mammoths on quest givers, everywhere.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Any of the larger mounts will look like a bus when someone is riding it. Most will look odd jumping as well.
    ...yeah, I have a very limited set of mounts that look good on the ground, and stick to them. Personal vote, though: that two headed flying thing with jet engines. OMG, so terrible on the ground. Like it is having a heart attack and flopping back and forth constantly!

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    ...yeah, I have a very limited set of mounts that look good on the ground, and stick to them. Personal vote, though: that two headed flying thing with jet engines. OMG, so terrible on the ground. Like it is having a heart attack and flopping back and forth constantly!
    That is such a cool looking mount when it is flying.

Good thing you're in a queue that will whisk you away to a no flying instance where it won't matter.

Deleted
    those fucking proto drakes will look ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    those fucking proto drakes will look ridiculous
    I love the proto drake running animation. It's pretty great.
    And the walking is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, ALL ground mounts look extremely funky when riding on the ground UNLESS you are a Tauren using the Vrykul drinking horn, or a similar size-increasing item. Like, seriously, when I look at any small mount running around at 200%, or more, ground speed, it all looks freaking ridiculous, like they are running backwards and shiz.

On the other hand, when everything is at giant size, it looks smooth and natural.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I love the proto drake running animation. It's pretty great.
    And the walking is amazing.
    the walking isn't too bad, but the running is stupid. but people have different opinions i suppose

Seeing anything with big wings that cant fly will take some getting used to. I think proto drakes on the ground is going to be completely awesome. The most annoying one for me has already been around awhile, gryphons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Proto-drakes or any mount that uses the same skeleton (ie those Firebirds from FL). Their wings are just so massive. I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz did like a -10% scaling on all of them

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mounts that hover on the ground.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Imo, ALL ground mounts look extremely funky when riding on the ground UNLESS you are a Tauren using the Vrykul drinking horn, or a similar size-increasing item. Like, seriously, when I look at any small mount running around at 200%, or more, ground speed, it all looks freaking ridiculous, like they are running backwards and shiz.

On the other hand, when everything is at giant size, it looks smooth and natural.
    Yeah, I got slowed the other day and noticed my shammy wolf form running. It looked *great*, unlike the "severe arthritis in the hips" I get at normal speed when both back legs move like they are wired together.

Chimaera's will top them all IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any mount like the Mammoth or Proto-Drake, because all we need is more douchebags to stand on top of NPC's >.<
    WTB SW honor vendors (solid npc's that can't be walked through, unless that was changed).

Deleted
    It's just to stop the foolish feeling like fools for buying a store mount