Thread: BF-hardline

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BF-hardline

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/28/ea...details-at-e3/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WHMCa1FbWE#t=333

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/28/575...rdline-trailer

Now the singleplayer looks awsome though the game itself doesnt look graphically that different from bf4, though i havnt clocked a huge amount of hours with it. The multiplayer reminds me alot of CS for some reason. Everything about it looks good but i still am not a fan of how thier gunplay looks in first person, sepcially those scenes where it showed the player using a unmodded m4 that looks like its out of css or something of the like.

Seems like massive butthurt from the fans over the fact its not military based. Doesnt bother me to much.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2014-05-28 at 11:56 PM.

PC Gamer article on BF: Hardline.

I'm intrigued, but I'm not touching on release. I won't fall for that again, EA.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks bloody terrible! It's not Battlefield!

Battlefield is 64 players on a conquest map with jets, lots of helicopters, tanks, IFV's, MAA's and a plethora of other vehicles.

This is an obvious attempt at going competitive by aping after Counter-strike.
    Lower player counts, very few vehicles, heavily objective based maps (not to say BF hasn't always been about objectives, but these are so obviously about "competitive team play").

Not made by Dice either, so it's even less of a Battlefield game. Which would put it in the negative. It's un-Battlefield.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2014-05-28 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

Battlefield is 64 players on a conquest map with jets, lots of helicopters, tanks, IFV's, MAA's and a plethora of other vehicles.

Lower player counts, very few vehicles, heavily objective based maps (not to say BF hasn't always been about objectives, but these are so obviously about "competitive team play").

Not made by Dice either, so it's even less of a Battlefield game. Which would put it in the negative. It's un-Battlefield.
    Seems the youtube video got pulled but i added another news link to the op.

Now im the biggest supporter of vehicle only BF and thats why i play the game but this singleplayer looks awsome and i cant really wait to play it. The multiplayer looks good i think ill enjoy a CS style gameplay with actual respawns. Besides its been how long since we got a new CS? [csgo doesnt count]

Looks like an attempt for a Counter Strike/Crossfire clone. Well, might be fun one day, but like Noomz said, I'm sure as hell not gonna touch that game when it comes out. Probably gonna wait till it's on sale for Christmas 2015.

as much as i like BF, this looks like an April fools gone bad. EA have totally lost it.

Deleted
    this trailer just reminded me how much i want a new rainbow 6 game :>

not sure about it being called battlefield though, looks too similar to be given a completely new name, but game play a little different for it to be called battlefield.
    looks like it could be quite fun though.

10+ Year Old Account

The fact that they gave no information about player count, and there are jets, helicopters, and a bunch of other ground vehicles with mounted guns, and don't forget the fact that this was a 6 month old internal demonstration video makes everything you said incredibly wrong.

I'm not saying this will be good, especially with all the problems in BF4, but please wait until E3 when they actually officially release a video to judge it.

Does Counter-strike have a patent on cops and robbers? because I played cops and robbers with my friend before video games even existed. And just form that short trailer it is obvious that there is very little to compare to counter strike other than the cops and robbers part.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2014-05-29 at 12:13 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Actually it is made by Dice, sort of. Visceral Games is making the single player aspect while Dice is making the Multi-player aspect. It's cooperative development between both Dice and Visceral.

I do kind of have to agree though. EA wants to cash in on the CS playerbase and get them to become battlefield converts by making this new and shiny game on the Frostbite 3 Engine which is much more advanced then the Source engine CS players are used too

And I really hate saying this, but the 'modern military' type setting (again) is simply getting quite old / stale / overused at this point. I much prefer what Call of Duty is doing this time around with the 'futuristic' type setting. Though I have doubts CoD will evolve past 8v8 maps which is a serious disappointment, especially with current consoles / PC hardware.

As a post above mine said; there are vehicles / battlefield style gameplay, at least in the trailer.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2014-05-29 at 12:17 AM.

Was interested until I saw ADS.

Back to CS I go. I don't see the CS angle other people are talking about AT ALL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Was interested until I saw ADS.

Back to CS I go. I don't see the CS angle other people are talking about AT ALL.

whats ADS? all i can think of is "aim down sight" and whats wrong with that?

i don't play much FPS games so im just confused here.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2014-05-29 at 12:18 AM.

So its cops and robbers battlefield?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    So its cops and robbers battlefield?
    Yeah, basically Counter Strike/Crossfire, just with the BF brand name slapped onto it and the theme switched from heroes VS terrorists to cops vs bank robbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Yeah, basically Counter Strike/Crossfire, just with the BF brand name slapped onto it and the theme switched from heroes VS terrorists to cops vs bank robbers.
    Wow, I guess that's neat. maybe when it goes on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    whats ADS? all i can think of is "aim down sight" and whats wrong with that?

i don't play much FPS games so im just confused here.
    Yes, that's what it means.

ADS shooters generally don't have crap for recoil and are much more user friendly for spraying people down in general, resulting in pretty derpy Call of Duty gameplay. CounterStrike aiming takes MUCH more practice with sensitive recoil patterns and much more finite hit boxes.

They're just different design approaches. ADS shooters generally allow you to sprint as well, going for a more run and gun action romp, where as CS is more of a tactical map control based game.

I'm just not a fan of the former, it's not for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The gameplay itself doesn't resemble either of those games in the slightest.

10+ Year Old Account

ADS shooters generally don't have crap for recoil and are much more user friendly for spraying people down in general, resulting in pretty derpy Call of Duty gameplay. CounterStrike aiming takes MUCH more practice with sensitive recoil patterns and much more finite hit boxes.

They're just different design approaches. ADS shooters generally allow you to sprint as well, going for a more run and gun action romp, where as CS is more of a tactical map control based game.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever played a battlefield, ever? Just because it has ADS doesn't mean the guns don't have recoil... infact it has the best recoil in pretty much any game I have played so far, yeah even better than your beloved counter strike, furthermore it also has bullet drop, which the last version of CS I played didn't have(1.6 lol)... CoD on the other hand has almost 0 recoil and is indeed like you said a run and gun kind of game.

As for Hardline, I'm just happy it's not modern warfare type again... shit is so overused even CoD doesn't do it anymore.... it's time for new settings and themes... and as for the Cops and robbers one... I just hope for more close quarters type of maps instead of huge open maps where u are easy pray for helis and tanks and bullshit like that...

Although I have no idea why even call it battlefield anymore tbh... prolly just cashing in on the brand name(although after bf4 dunno how much that's gonna help)
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2014-05-29 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

oh right, that makes sense thanks.

i guess i am the opposite i don't really enjoy counter strike that much, but i havn't played cod/battlefield in a long time so can't say much about that really. but from i remember on battlefield 3, there was recoil, and quite a bit of it for most guns, but if you was good you could still get pretty long shots with assault rifles. CoD however, recoil seems non existent on most guns, and the maps are too small for it to really matter anyway, maybe not a bad thing, thats its design, a quick run and gun game.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2014-05-29 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Have you ever played a battlefield, ever? Just because it has ADS doesn't mean the guns don't have recoil... infact it has the best recoil in pretty much any game I have played so far, yeah even better than your beloved counter strike, furthermore it also has bullet drop, which the last version of CS I played didn't have(1.6 lol)... CoD on the other hand has almost 0 recoil and is indeed like you said a run and gun kind of game.
    Battlefield is designed for large scale, vehicle and gadget based war on gigantic open maps. I've played the last four main series one and the recoil for rifles at mid range (about any rifle to rifle range you would encounter in CS) was laughable. ADS is much easier to use.

CounterStrike isn't. It's designed for small map, 5v5 tactical gameplay. It's an entirely different design approach.

Bullet drop isn't really relevant. CS maps aren't even large enough for bullet drop to take effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlefield is designed for large scale, vehicle and gadget based war on gigantic open maps. I've played the last four main series one and the recoil for rifles at mid range (about any rifle to rifle range you would encounter in CS) was laughable. ADS is much easier to use.

CounterStrike isn't. It's designed for small map, 5v5 tactical gameplay. It's an entirely different design approach.

Bullet drop isn't really relevant. CS maps aren't even large enough for bullet drop to take effect.
    The fact that you consider Counter Strike as tactical gameplay is laughable to me ... unless by tactical u mean the best camper wins... or the one with the best reflexes wins...

Anyway this is irrelevant to the point in case which is that yes weapons do have recoil, some of them massive recoil even when aiming down sights... especially if you use high zoom optics...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    The fact that you consider Counter Strike as tactical gameplay is laughable to me ... unless by tactical u mean the best camper wins... or the one with the best reflexes wins...
    Well then, we'll just label CoD as a tactical-team-based-shooter too.