Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's getting a little ridiculous now. It's pretty much June and we haven't seen the beta yet.

I think they should just bite the bullet and release a filler raid to spice things up.

Also guys who are raging at the people raging about the content drought: remember these people are angry because they love the game and want to see it continue - they're passionate, not simply assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by discofleshpot View Post
    Why would anyone not want to have a goal? Just because they may not make those goals, doesn't mean it isn't a goal. A goal is something to aim for. I wanted to be a five star chef, it's my goal. I'm 30 and I haven't reached it but it doesn't mean it's not within reach. If you don't have a goal, what is there to aim? Works the same way...

You can say "heroic is just the same thing" and that just proves that you have no idea. Many of the fights have so much more to them on heroic. Just because the boss itself is the same, doesn't mean the encounter is the same. There are a few that are hugely similar but there are several that have much more fun/new mechanics. Much more challenging content. But it sounds to me that you don't want a challenge. Are you the same kind of person who's mad about the different difficulties having different tier artwork? I would be hugely surprised if you weren't. You're also probably the same type of person who complains about "same face".

Oh and about the bold part... who makes you pay this money? If you hate the game and the company as a whole, then why are you A) still paying B) still complaining? If you've unsub'd then why are you still so mad? There are plenty of other games out there. You must have a pretty empty existence irl.
    Blizzard has no intention of releasing content faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    How thick-headed are you? Seriously.

An early release would be if Blizzard announced that WoD would be released on December 20, 2014 but then ends up releasing it earlier than that. They have done none of that, though.

Blizzard has said that Warlords of Draenor is targeted for a release in the fall of 2014.

The fall of 2014 begins September 23. And so since we know that Warlords of Draenor is to be released in the fall of 2014 and on or before December 20, 2014 we know that it will be released between September 23, 2014 and December 20, 2014.

This means that on or before September 22, 2014 would be an early release and on or after December 21, 2014 would be a late release. Anything else would be a release according to plan. How hard is this to grasp for you? There is literally 3 words involved; on, or and before. Which of these words is it that is puzzling you? Do you know the meaning of "or" and "before"?
    the puzzling part for me is how people ignore the word 'expected' and assume it cannot release later than fall 2014. It can, it may or may not. We might not see WoD until some time in 2015, it is fully possible, and wouldn't make them liars, just something 'unexpected' would have happened to push it back, as a company it is not unheard of for them to push back releases past their expected dates either.

Their plan is, fall 2014. It could come early (before Sept 23) or it could come late (after Dec 20), or it could come anywhere in between those dates. Expectations and plans don't always come to fruition despite efforts ... now to base a guess on the speed of information and progress we see, atm I could easily assume there is a good possibly of a late release. From how they spoke and acted around BlizzCon, I could've easily assumed an early release.

There is nothing wrong with taking their expected release window, then take the information we have about WoD and their past across all their products, and form our own expectations. In that regard, I see little to no possibility of an early release, a moderate to weak possibility of an on time release, and a high probability of a late release ... that opinion can easily change based on information they give between now and fall.

Deleted
    I hope it won't be out before 2015, so we can enjoy the last glorious expansion for as long as possible before the game loses all its charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sorcerer View Post
    Well, you can only say SoO is the longest when it beats ICC. Until then, it's not. It will probably be longer, but it still isn't.
    Time isn't the only factor in how long something is. ICC took a LOT longer for most guilds to clear in heroic mode and hence it took a lot longer until everyone had gotten best in slot geared. The boredom of a content patch doesn't really set in until there really isn't anything to do anymore, and SoO hit that wall a lot faster than ICC, especially for casuals.

If you look at TBC, no patch ever hit that wall given that you were in a decent guild. If you were lucky you got to clear Hyjal and BT, maybe even a bit of sunwell but there never ran out of things to do and strive for.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    It is by no means the latest date possible.

The latest date possible is "never." However, assuming Blizzard HQ doesn't get hit by a falling aircraft or meteor, it's just a date that Blizzard felt reasonably comfortable promising that the game would go live by.

However it could slip later than that.

Or it could be earlier.

With all the people who are expecting the game out post-Blizzcon though I think there is really no incentive for Blizzard to release before mid-December.
    Since they used that date in conjunction with the pre-sale of WoD they'll land in a shitstorm if they don't release it by that date. It will come out on that date whether it's ready or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by discofleshpot View Post
    Does this mean when the new content comes out and you don't like it, you're going to be right back here complaining how Blizzard doesn't know how to make fun raids anymore and that you want a refund?

- - - Updated - - -

But I don't think it's fair to complain about "no new content" when the vast majority haven't done the huge amounts of content to it's fullest. May not be new but unless you've gotten every achievement in game, there's plenty of new content. I'm sure there's a few thousand quests that people haven't experienced. If you haven't experienced something, wouldn't that be "new content"?
    I'm sorry? I have never went into MMO-Champ to complain about a raid tier, I NEVER complain about stuff that I don't personally like. I Never said a raid isn't fun neither I wasn't complaining about SoO... Just said Heroic content isn't mandatory to me, and would like to see the new expansion out by now.

Just because others do it, doesn't mean the rest will. I'm also a game developer, and I know how hard it is to make a game. Especially a fun one to EVERYONE.

You should try to understand that people are different.

10+ Year Old Account
    December, January, Febuary, March...I could care less.

I have never run out of things to do in WOW, and I would be happy to play MOP for another year. Whatever it takes Blizz, not worried.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Blizzard has no intention of releasing content faster.
    They released content in larger quantities and faster in MOP.

I stopped reading at 'sagest'.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I kinda understand what is going on at Blizz in term of dev team. ( If it is)

Recently at work we had our Lead Designer change and most of our team was overhaul with some new folk. Most of what was done so far on our project went to the recycle bin as our new team leader had a different vision of the project.

We basically started from the scratch and used some of the assets me and the art team did.

I suppose it's what is going on Blizz now, I mean 40% bigger team and lead designer leaving...
    Except that Ghostcrawler wasn't creating the entirety of Warlords of Draenor. Something as massive as an expansion to an MMO requires multiple people pitching their ideas and the "vision" gets shaped by dozens of different minds. GC leaving wouldn't cause Celestalon to come in and decide to redo the entire project, considering that Celestalon was probably already a major member of the team beforehand (they wouldn't just promote random developers to new management positions).
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It could be the case, but if you mean GC, he wasn't that important, he wasn't "the" Lead Designer. There were rumors of several major devs leaving right after him, though - if true, that *could* be serious.
    A completely unsubstantiated rumor started by someone on these very boards who is still banned to this day. So I don't see how these "rumors" still keep floating around.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    How thick-headed are you? Seriously.

An early release would be if Blizzard announced that WoD would be released on December 20, 2014 but then ends up releasing it earlier than that. They have done none of that, though.

Blizzard has said that Warlords of Draenor is targeted for a release in the fall of 2014.

The fall of 2014 begins September 23. And so since we know that Warlords of Draenor is to be released in the fall of 2014 and on or before December 20, 2014 we know that it will be released between September 23, 2014 and December 20, 2014.

This means that on or before September 22, 2014 would be an early release and on or after December 21, 2014 would be a late release. Anything else would be a release according to plan. How hard is this to grasp for you? There is literally 3 words involved; on, or and before. Which of these words is it that is puzzling you? Do you know the meaning of "or" and "before"?
    So if I understand it correctly, this is what has been announced by Blizzard:

You may or may not be allowed to fly in an expansion that may or may not go live in September, October , November or December. We may or may not start our alpha soon or later and we may or may not have a short or long beta.

I am glad Blizzard is clearing up so much information for us.

You may or may not be allowed to fly in an expansion
    This is unknown, how the community reacts in Alpha/Beta/(Whatever you wanna call it) determines its fate.

may or may not go live in September, October , November or December.
    You expect them to already have a release date pinpointed? Jesus Christ man.

We may or may not start our alpha soon or later
    Their new file system is fucking them up right now it seems, be patient.

we may or may not have a short or long beta.
    Wait.. what? What are you even talking about? Did they state somewhere that it was gonna be a short beta or something, and then later on said it was gonna be a long beta?