Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Anyone else not care at all about Garrisons..like..at all?

Like, at all? AT ALL?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konata View Post
    I started loving them, they've started to.. eh.. feel less interesting, and personal.
    Really? They sound even more personal to me after the big post yesterday, your Garrison choices affect the entire questing experience on Draenor. I understand why people who don't care about them would be miffed at them being so mandatory, but personally I think if they weren't fully integrated they'd just fall by the wayside.

Deleted
    Alright I think we have enough of these threads now. You've created this just as the other one has been spamming through the feed - surely you noticed?

OT: I stopped playing a few months ago but they never really got me tingling with excitement even when they announced them and I was still into it all.

Cata: Wait in a capital city with others for a queue to pop up.
    WoD: Wait in your phased garrison - alone - for a queue to pop up.
    Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at!

I feel the same as OP. At first they sounded cool, but now they just feel like a whooooole lot of work.

Like at all, no. But not too thrilled, yes.

I think they are making a mistake by putting so much work into garrisons. I think that for most, garrisons will provide only a modicum of gameplay in the very beginning - maybe they will stay new and interesting for the first month - and will work like a combination of the current farm with profession cooldowns ever after. That's super-boring. The only thing I am looking forward in garrisons is collecting all pets (sorry, followers) and having all buildings and all perks across my alts. I expect achieving that might take a long time, but, if pet battles are any guide, 90% of that will be accomplished in the first one or two month as well, and getting the remaining 10% won't be all too thrilling - that's just hopes for a drop and maybe some grinds.

I think if they spent half of the time they are spending on garrisons on something as simple as creating a max-level version of every instance of the game with some achievements and mount / pet / coin / transmog / whatever rewards, that would have worked much better and lasted much longer (basically, forever, with little effort). Or they could do something else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not that much no. I mostly play WoW for the social aspect. Interact with other people. I guess you can invite people to your garrison but somehow it doesn't feel mmo like.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Like, at all? AT ALL?
    Yay add to the pile of the same thread! Yaaaaaaaay! What new answers could we possibly divine from here?

But I really like the idea seems like it will be pretty fun to do, I doubt it's something I'd pursue across my alts, but then again I will only have 2 chars at 100 this xpac. *Must resist compulsive leveling and switching of favourite alts*. The idea in general just seems pretty cool, having our own lil base, recruiting people to help you run it and send on missions etc, the proffession buildings sound pretty interesting too although I want to see just what is offered if I don't own the respective proffession of said building.

All in all, it sounds promising, though I don't know how people have managed to write it off considering they've only posted part 1 of the garrison series thing, it's hilarious, can't stop laughing at all these bashing comments :'D
    In fact, I've heard so little about the Blackrock Foundry, I hate it. It's a complete waste of time, I see no benefit to me at all, the concept is terrible and especially so because I haven't even experienced it yet it must be AWFUL. Yeah, I hate Blackrock Foundry now.

It'a a really dumb feature. The lack of customization for a "personal experience" or "housing feature" is legendary. In the worst and most retarded way possible. To be excited about this crap is like getting an erection while looking at a brick

I don't care.

To be fair, I'd care even less about "proper" player housing.

I guess I'll just go through the bits that need to be done, but I can easily imagine neglecting it once I get to max level.

I do want to add, none of the "changes" bother me, because I wasn't on board with the idea in the first place. It doesn't bother me if it's fixed to one location or if we could choose which zone, my interest would still be piddling.
    Last edited by Aesahaettr; 2014-05-29 at 12:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This entire time I've just felt they were confusing and... unnecessary.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

10+ Year Old Account
    People not excited about garrisons have just as much right as those of you whining, the diffrence is that maybe one of these people will have a new thought to share. While the complaint complainers rehash the same two or three tired "oh look" comments again and again
    Wrath baby and proud of it

not bothered at all at the moment, the only thing that might have been interesting for me is being able to chose where you put it.. now thats gone, i'm left less than excited.. come launch, i'm sure i will give it a try.
    Last edited by Tehgypsy; 2014-05-29 at 11:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the answer to the question "does anyone else" is always yes. Much like the infamous "Am I the only one?" No, no you're not.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I need a video showing what you really do (like in a "let's play") from day to day there. Right now it looks like those web browser games like Shakes and Fidget where you have a task, the task runs for 10 minutes oder 10 hours and when you come back you collect your reward for waiting. Sounds pretty boring to me.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I have never cared for housing.

For me housing should have been an option where you could buy/place your house ANYWHERE inn the game. No restrictions exspect quest hubs, capitals etc.

And then make it a progress-farm, where you build it by grinding your own materials. And you would unlock cool questes, vanity stuff rewards mostly only maybe, and then ofcourse having your house being very usefull inn some way.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I care about them a lot. Hence I feel strongly about it when Blizzard makes decisions that I feel are mistakes. Like their now confirmed decision not to let us move our Garrisons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited for them because they reflect a new, and significant form of character presence in the world. I'm no longer a gnome sleeping in the SW inn, I have my own fortress and outposts. That sounds badass to me.

New character models remain the coolest thing coming with Warlords to me, but Garrisons are up there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I care about them a lot. Hence I feel strongly about it when Blizzard makes decisions that I feel are mistakes. Like their now confirmed decision not to let us move our Garrisons.
    Probably best to form opinions about what are and are not mistakes on stuff you've actually played, IMO.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    The illusion of self control is always grass for the sheep.

Deleted
    I don't care about it at all... it's only delaying the WoD release