Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more changes they are making, the less interest I have. Wish it was more personal.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    Garrison creation is really stupid both in terms of gameplay and in terms of role playing. I mean, imagine 10000 players in a server have their own garrison. Where the hell did we find all this space in Draenor and how the hell were we able to build them without any interruption? In addition, I don't think that they will offer any significant benefits. They look like overbuffed farms to me.

If they got scrapped today I would be perfectly fine with that. In fact, if I were asked "would you rather have a December launch with Garrisons or a September launch without them", Id pikc september in a heartbeat

Deleted
    I really have no interest in them at all O_o And I'm pretty disappointed that the expansion is taking longer to develop because they decided they wanted it to be integral to the levelling process. I get that they want to do something a bit different with levelling, it's been almost 10 years so it's probably a good idea to try something new, so I can totally see why they're doing it and I'll obviously try it out, but if it doesn't grab my attention then I probably won't continue playing with it unless it is of benefit to my raid performance in a way that allows me to min/max.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe it works like phasing. I'm sure we won't have garrisons all over the place, that can be seen by everyone.
    They are certainly going to be phased, but it still doesn't make any sense lorewise. It's like going into enemy territory and founding a small town in just a couple of months.

I loved the idea they showed us at Blizzcon because it had a huge potential to become something really big both in customisation and functionality... but as we get further in developement and they share the changes they made it feels like something boring, it sill has some nice features, but is turning into something i don't really like or need. Garrisons right now for me are the biggest missed oportunity blizzard ever had, and is not the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Maybe it works like phasing. I'm sure we won't have garrisons all over the place, that can be seen by everyone.
    it's like the farm from MoP, phasing and anyway, garrison is like the rest of a game, peoples love it , some nope , certains peoples love pvp, some like me nope, you can't satisfy everyone, for me , the garrison will be an additional option in the game, something to be added to the farming/pex/craft stuffing of my main character

Nope honestly beside new pets and mounts only thing i AM looking forward to in WoD.

I liked the idea of player housing that you could even invite other people around to; now? I care about it as little as I care about the new models, i'm honestly not very excited about the new x-pac... And it's a pity because clearly a lot of work has went into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The good thing is: You can take ANY feature in a game and make a thread about it searching for people who don't care and be sucessful.

The funny thing is: Why does nobody make if for raids..or let us say especially Mythic raids (or HM raids as they are called currently). The amazing result would be, that out of 7.500 000 players, 7.300 000 don't care about HM raiding.

Now make that poll for normal raids and you will find that out of 7.500 000 players 7.000 000 don't even care for normal raids (approximate wowprogress numbers)

Yet both forms are in the game.
    What do people even do in this game if u don't do normal raids or at least PvP? Do people seriously enjoy having so little to do? o.o

I love the idea. They also said that we will have outposts on the other areas. U KNOW WAT DIS MEANS?!?!?!? Teleport around your outposts (with a CD probably) that can solve the flight problem

Not excited at all, and progressively less excited as more info for this expansion is released.

Class changes happening every expansion, this is something we should talk about right? How is it possible that they make sweeping changes every expansion and nothing really ever improves? The stuff the fk'd up just gets passed off as "we will change it next expansion". WTF kind of logic is this? "sorry we broke that we will fix it next time we break stuff".

At this point the marketing ploys are more obvious than the intent to keep the game running.

10+ Year Old Account
    More people care about Garrison's than people that care about raiding (real raiding).

Class changes happening every expansion, this is something we should talk about right? How is it possible that they make sweeping changes every expansion and nothing really ever improves? The stuff the fk'd up just gets passed off as "we will change it next expansion". WTF kind of logic is this? "sorry we broke that we will fix it next time we break stuff".
    That's akways been the way though. I understand there reasoning for that, as the expansion is a better time for people to change then in the middle of a raiding tier. And tbh the changes for the classes I follow haven't been that big compared to previous expansions. Other classes may vary.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    To be excited about this crap is like getting an erection while looking at a brick
    Woah hey now. Some of us Brickophiles can't help it.

I don't care at all about them. I never understood why people liked housing so much in these games. I'm telling this is now like disney's toon town that my kids used to play. You build your home by buying stuff after you do some corny quests and then you invite your friends over and you play games. well at least kids played games. what's the wow community going to do with such non sense.

I like them, i just think the news posts about them is repeating the same thing over and over

Ok, we get it

Profession related
    Ties into questing
    Gets attacked
    Get followers
    Place buildings
    level up buildings / followers

Done

Yet we still keep getting the same garrison news post every couple of weeks

I didn't when I thought it was housing initially, but now that more information's come out and we know that it's very gameplay focused I'm much MUCH more interested. I think the direction it's heading is fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    I don't care at all about them. I never understood why people liked housing so much in these games. I'm telling this is now like disney's toon town that my kids used to play. You build your home by buying stuff after you do some corny quests and then you invite your friends over and you play games. well at least kids played games. what's the wow community going to do with such non sense.
    There's no way this is a serious thought in a humans head.

Deleted
    They suck.
    I would care about them if I was still planning to buy the xpac, as they take resources away from stuff that could actually interest me (alt-friendliness, new stuff to do outside raiding, good levelling experience and class balance at low levels). However, for quite some time now I'm resigned to just waiting for release date and to see if it's worth to keep paying sub without paying for an xpac that has no value for me.

Deleted
    Not in the slightest, more interested in PvE and PvP aspects than Player Housing

Wasn't interested in them to begin with, have become LESS interested the more info they release. It went from sounding like something that was just unappealing to sounding like something that's a goddamn chore.