Need a little bit help to decide what to do in game

Hey all,

I have been playing wow since late TBC. I am in a situation where my work and family life does not really allow me to be a "4 days a week dedicated raider". I do not want to leave the game since I love WOW, but also I am having a difficulty to find my way about how to continue. I am a skilled PVE player so I cant turn into a guy who runs only LFR and try to enjoy it, cause obviously low level PVE is kinda sucky. I tried PVP sometime and obviously I felt so stressed (especially as a healer when u r the first target to kill all the time)

I play on a very crowded (maybe even the most crowded one) server and in my server you cant really even follow trade chat cause it takes only 1 sec for the message at the bottom to disappear. There are many great guilds around with full HC progress. But I know I cant be happy in them since they are just "progress guilds" where people just talk to each other if you join the raids regularly, if not you are just noone. Sometimes I feel like I need to move to another realm and faction (less crowded), start from zero, make new casual friends and try to enjoy the game like I did when I first started. I think one of the facts makes me unhappy is that seeing all players around getting great progress but you are not able to follow them. So maybe in a less populated more casual realm, I would not feel the same disappointment since the players around me will be just like me. Sometimes I think I need to find a late night raiding guild so I can keep raiding without damaging my work and personal life. I even consider to get a stress pill and push myself to do PVP since you dont have to have a calender to do PVP in game (I hate competition tho).

As you see, I am very confused and can't find the way which gonna give me more joy. I tried Diablo a while but meh... it is a very limited game compared to a monster like WOW. Any constructive suggestion will be appreciated. Please do not post responses like "play or leave, very simple just leave etc".

Cheers

To be blunt. Play a game where you don't have to figure out what to do. Maybe taking a break would be a great thing until WoD or whenever.

Deleted
    make a priest and be an op heal ;D

To be blunt. Play a game where you don't have to figure out what to do. Maybe taking a break would be a great thing until WoD or whenever.
    I am back from a 2 month break to the game,

make a priest and be an op heal ;D
    I am playing a priest darling

It sounds like you simply aren't enjoying the game at present.
    Best thing to do is take a break.
    I want to play with people who want to be there, not those who opt to be for the sake of it.
    Makes a considerable difference to the experiences they generate for myself and others.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Instead of looking in your trade chat or a guild on your server to run with, sign up for a raid in OpenRaid at a time convenient for you. If you like those guys, just sign up for the same run every week, most of the runs in OpenRaid are regular weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    I am back from a 2 month break to the game
    maybe more is needed? Recently I've been finding it odd that someone should be asking themselves
    That question. I mean think about it. What should I do in this game? Shouldn't that be obvious if it's something you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    Hey all,

I have been playing wow since late TBC. I am in a situation where my work and family life does not really allow me to be a "4 days a week dedicated raider". I do not want to leave the game since I love WOW, but also I am having a difficulty to find my way about how to continue. I am a skilled PVE player so I cant turn into a guy who runs only LFR and try to enjoy it, cause obviously low level PVE is kinda sucky. I tried PVP sometime and obviously I felt so stressed (especially as a healer when u r the first target to kill all the time)

I play on a very crowded (maybe even the most crowded one) server and in my server you cant really even follow trade chat cause it takes only 1 sec for the message at the bottom to disappear. There are many great guilds around with full HC progress. But I know I cant be happy in them since they are just "progress guilds" where people just talk to each other if you join the raids regularly, if not you are just noone. Sometimes I feel like I need to move to another realm and faction (less crowded), start from zero, make new casual friends and try to enjoy the game like I did when I first started. I think one of the facts makes me unhappy is that seeing all players around getting great progress but you are not able to follow them. So maybe in a less populated more casual realm, I would not feel the same disappointment since the players around me will be just like me. Sometimes I think I need to find a late night raiding guild so I can keep raiding without damaging my work and personal life. I even consider to get a stress pill and push myself to do PVP since you dont have to have a calender to do PVP in game (I hate competition tho).

As you see, I am very confused and can't find the way which gonna give me more joy. I tried Diablo a while but meh... it is a very limited game compared to a monster like WOW. Any constructive suggestion will be appreciated. Please do not post responses like "play or leave, very simple just leave etc".

Cheers

It sounds to me like you are in it for friends and not concerned as much about progression other than maybe being a little jealous that other people on the server are doing better than you. If I'm reading that wrong, then this advice might not help you.

I would suggest you stay where you are and seek out a guild that matches up with your goals for progression and the amount of time you can commit to the game. The fact that other guilds are HC 14/14 shouldn't bother you. If it does, that's something you'll need to get over. Maybe your best fit is a guild that isn't even doing any HC modes, just normals and it's very friendship oriented with a lower time commitment like 2 days a week or something. From what you've said, that kind of sounds like what you are looking for.

The fact of the matter is most high progression guilds are not a "tight-knit group of friends that have been together since classic". Mostly, they are people that show up to down progression bosses and aren't so concerned about having friends in game. Friendship is a by-product of raiding with good people, not the primary goal. Not that they aren't enjoying themselves or aren't making friends, but their priority tends to be progression, not friendship.

Going to a lesser populated server that you don't already have a bunch of friends on is not a good idea. A lot less opportunities to make friends as there are less people on the lower pop servers, and many of the people and guilds on the lower pop servers are moving to the high pop servers to increase the opportunities for recruitment to their guild, etc.

I just recently left Anvilmar which is a low-pop server that merged with Undermine a few months back. It's still medium to low pop and will likely move back to the low pop range as people like me continue to leave. I'm WAY MORE satisfied on Sargeras where I moved to. I went from being in a 14/14 normal 10 man guild that was having trouble raiding 2 nights a week, to a 10/14 HC 25-man guild that raids 3 nights a week. I have 24 new potential friends, where on my old server, I had a few friends and the pool kept shrinking as people left the game or server transferred to green pastures. Friendship potential and progression both increased dramatically. If I wasn't able to raid 3 nights a week, I could find plenty of opportunities to pug raids on a high-pop server like I am now on.

@ ferosanvilmar

I aggree a friendly guild with less progress concerns would make me happy. But I saw in low populated realms people are less in numbers but more friendly. I moved to a low populated ally realm first and people there offered me to handover the loot they win in a pug since they think I need it more Our realm is crowded cause Method moved there and people think if they move to our server they will be like Mehtod :P

I have a doubt that all good ppl with friendly intentions got tired from our server and moved to somewhere else already. Long queue times, rude and jerk ppl keep writing in trade chat, ninja's etc... I dont wanna go to a dead server. Our server is with 140k Horde players, maybe somewhere with 80-90k, maybe a PVE or RP server would be more satisfying, dunno, that is why I need comments Thanks a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are a few suggestions:

1. Find a good server. You can roll a character on any server for free, run to town, check trade chat, ask someone if its a "friendly server", and you'll probably get a few guild invites. From there you can find out a lot about the server in 20 minutes or so. When you find one you like, transfer or whatever. Playing on a server you like is very important, and has a lot to do with your overall experience. Servers with guilds like method or pvp servers with famous players tend to be the worst servers for community, but the best servers for finding raids or pvp. So if you don't want to raid or pvp hardcore, find a friendly server medium pop.

2. Don't stress out in PVP. First of all if you lose who gives a crap. Second, the way PVP has always worked is at the start you die a lot, no matter if you are a healer or a dps, you will not last against anyone who has better gear for long, so if you die, it is ok. It is part of the process. Once you get really good gear, as a healer, you will be practically unkillable. So climb the gear ladder, but enjoy it. When you're in a BG try to do the little things to help your team like take nodes, or heal flag carriers, or get in a vehicle and master it. Whatever. Just expect to die a lot at first.

3. In the next expansion WOD will have an improved group finder, that should make it easier to do whatever raid level you like. You should look for a flex team to join, in a guild or OQ or openraid until then. It is not lfr, and usually friendlier. If you don't like to PVE raid though, you might be playing the wrong game I admit, because that is the main point of the game, killing bosses. Actually that is the main point of most games. So if you want actual gameplay that is where you will find it. Other things to do, while bored include mount/pet collecting, soloing for transmog, gold making, etc. I'm sure you know those though. Honestly if you don't like raiding at all, those things are not worth mentioning.

Good luck to you!

@ finskee
    Thanks for your response,
    Honestly if you don't like raiding at all, those things are not worth mentioning
    I do like raiding a lot, and I am a very experienced/skilled PVE healer/Dps in heroic raids. My problem is not having the time for it like 4 nights a week... I have enough load from work and personal life, cant carry such a burden anymore that is all
    Cheers