Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Seems to work for them, the older women seem to go along with it, so why should we be concerned and who are we to be the moral authority?.
    Because rape is bad no matter where you are in the world. It's easy to ignore, believe me I know. Worst thing in the world? Arguable but that does not mean it isn't bad what so ever. It's bad like getting assaulted(I'm not saying they are the same, I'm comparing how these things are bad).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because rape is bad no matter where you are in the world. It's easy to ignore, believe me I know. Worst thing in the world? Arguable but that does not mean it isn't bad what so ever. It's bad like getting assaulted(I'm not saying they are the same, I'm comparing how these things are bad).
    If you look at it like assault then its bad. If you look at it like social engineering and cultural customs then its odd but its what they do.

Deleted
    If you look at it like assault then its bad. If you look at it like social engineering and cultural customs then its odd but its what they do.
    Cultural customs doesn't remove the harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Cultural customs doesn't remove the harm.
    It could be bad for the guy also, what if he gets stuck with an ugly one?.

10+ Year Old Account
    /glare

That's all that needs to be said.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Seems to work for them, the older women seem to go along with it, so why should we be concerned and who are we to be the moral authority?.
    The older women don't actually get to make that call. That right is reserved for their husbands, to whom the wives must defer.

Also, early and forced marriage is classified as modern-day slavery by the U.N. labor organization.

And, how do you define working for them?

Early maternal deaths

Girls who marry earlier in life are less likely to be informed about reproductive issues,[21] and because of this, pregnancy-related deaths are known to be the leading cause of mortality among married girls between 15 and 19 years of age.[22] These girls are twice more likely to die in childbirth than girls between 20 and 24 years of age.[23] Girls younger than 15 years of age are 5 times more likely to die in childbirth.[24][25]
    Violence

Young girls in a child marriage are more likely to experience domestic violence in their marriages as opposed to older women. A study conducted in India by the International Centre for Research on Women showed that girls married before 18 years of age are twice as likely to be beaten, slapped, or threatened by their husbands[24] and three times more likely to experience sexual violence.[28] Young brides often show symptoms of sexual abuse and post-traumatic stress.[24]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_m...child_marriage
    Last edited by AndaliteBandit; 2014-05-31 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    India does not acknowledge marital rape as rape.

Over one third of the world's child brides live in India. 39,000 child marriages happen every day in India. That's 39,000 rapes when those marriages are consummated. (http://www.socialscribblers.in/child-marriage/)

That's 14,235,000 child marriages a year. That's 14,235,000 rapes when those marriages are consummated. Hey, that's pretty close to your number, isn't it?

Tell me more about how India's being unfairly mischaracterized over it's treatment of women.
    Firstly your figures are out, from your own link those 39,000 child marriages are for the whole world, not just India.

Secondly, most of the marriages in India involve people aged 15+. By "civilised" Western standards (or at least the most liberal in the west) those people would be able to give consent for sexual intercourse, but conversely they couldn't in India because...

Thirdly, child marriage is illegal in India, and the age of consent is 18+, and the government offer financial incentives to try to curtail the need to marry off children who are too much of a drain on the family's resources.

India has problems there's no doubt, but they are facing those problems. Unfortunately change takes time when your dealing with 1.2 billion people who are rushing through over a 1000 years of European social advances in less than a century (many European nations only recognised marital rape as a crime in the latter half of the 20th century).

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Firstly your figures are out, from your own link those 39,000 child marriages are for the whole world, not just India.
    A survey by United Nations revealed some shocking numbers which shows that on an average 39,000 child marriages happen in India every day.
    In India. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    In India. /10char
    http://unfpa.org/files/live/sites/un...ctSheet2_1.pdf

Global Figures.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    While in China a girl was beaten to death in McDonalds,by 6 guys with sticks cause she didnt give them her number, video is on liveleak.
    Yeah, condemn the rest of the world for how fucking horrible hey are. Talk shit on "that part of the world". Ignore the fact that just a fucking week ago in the US some madman shot up 3 people, and stabbed another 3 brutally to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

10+ Year Old Account
    People in the 3rd world act like they're from the 3rd world.

News at 11.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Yeah, condemn the rest of the world for how fucking horrible hey are. Talk shit on "that part of the world". Ignore the fact that just a fucking week ago in the US some madman shot up 3 people, and stabbed another 3 brutally to death.
    Human beings suck regardless of country, news at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    An overpopulated shithole where shit like this is actually allowed. It's in their fucked up class system, it's pretty much allowed and the police won't do jack shit about it.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    An overpopulated shithole where shit like this is actually allowed.
    This isn't true at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    I was thinking WTF when I first read this, then saw its in India. The country where on average a rape is committed every 22 minutes. A country fueled by Islam. A country where it's acceptable to stone family members to death for not marrying their cousin. A country where 50 year old men marry 13 year olds children.

Why do you think India has the highest rate of children born disfigured, incest and if you refuse it you get stoned, hung and beheaded.

Nothing new from this Barbaric wasteland.

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/v...4Jfjz1Z5con8XF - I'll just leave you with this. Rare genetic disorder? Her parents being related probably didn't help.
    Islam? xD I don't even... A quick google gives me numbers from 2001 showing 80% being Hindu and 13% Islam.
    But yeah you're clearly not posting just to hate on Islam.
    Last edited by mmoc04935466da; 2014-05-31 at 10:02 PM.