10+ Year Old Account

So I did something

As a joke I downed 18 paracetamol, will I be fine? They're only mild so I didn't worry do much, but thinking about it im starting to think otherwise, it's been 4-5 hrs and I seem fine.

As a joke you attempted to OD on pain meds? You have an edgy sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    As a joke I downed 18 paracetamol, will I be fine? They're only mild so I didn't worry do much, but thinking about it im starting to think otherwise, it's been 4-5 hrs and I seem fine.
    I would go immediately to the hospital.

Go to a doctor. This forum isn't real medical advice.

That said here 8 paracetamol is the maximum you're meant to take in any 24 hour period, so you're well over. I'd suggest calling a doctor and getting real advice asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    So don't wear skimpy clothes getting raped is not entirely out of your control either.

call 911 right now please

Deleted
    Best go to a doctor. It can fuck your kidneys and liver up.

Many individuals with paracetamol toxicity may have no symptoms at all in the first 24 hours following overdose. Others may initially have nonspecific complaints such as vague abdominal pain and nausea. With progressive disease, signs of liver failure may develop; these include low blood sugar, low blood pH, easy bleeding, and hepatic encephalopathy. Some will spontaneously resolve, although untreated cases may result in death.
    The signs and symptoms of paracetamol toxicity occur in three phases. The first phase begins within hours of overdose, and consists of nausea, vomiting, pallor, and sweating.[12] However, patients often have no specific symptoms or only mild symptoms in the first 24 hours of poisoning. Rarely, after massive overdoses, patients may develop symptoms of metabolic acidosis and coma early in the course of poisoning.[13][14]

The second phase occurs between 24 and 72 hours following overdose and consists of signs of increasing liver damage. In general, damage occurs in hepatocytes as they metabolize the paracetamol. The individual may experience right upper quadrant pain. The increasing liver damage also alters biochemical markers of liver function; International normalized ratio (INR) and the hepatic transaminases alanine transaminase and aspartate transaminase rise to abnormal levels.[15] Acute kidney failure may also occur during this phase, typically caused by either hepatorenal syndrome or multiple organ dysfunction syndrome. In some cases, acute kidney failure may be the primary clinical manifestation of toxicity. In these cases, it has been suggested that the toxic metabolite is produced more in the kidneys than in the liver.[16]

The third phase follows at 3 to 5 days, and is marked by complications of massive hepatic necrosis leading to fulminant hepatic failure with complications of coagulation defects, hypoglycemia, kidney failure, hepatic encephalopathy, cerebral edema, sepsis, multiple organ failure, and death.[12] If the third phase is survived, the hepatic necrosis runs its course, and liver and kidney function typically return to normal in a few weeks.[17] The severity of paracetamol toxicity varies depending on the dose and whether appropriate treatment is received.
    So, yeah. Doctor.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2014-05-31 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to the damn hospital.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    You should go for a jog.

Before you do anything write a will, don't forget your signature.

This is not the place for medical advice.

Please contact a doctor immediately if you're concerned.