10+ Year Old Account

Surnames coming to Rift

A good bit behind the curve as other games have had a second name or Surname available for a while, but better late than never.

On the PTS at the moment is a scroll that will allow you to add a 'last name' to your char. It's a credits only purchase, applies only per char and costs 2880 credits. All this of course, subject to change from the test server.

Lead Dev Pithos also posted what can and can't be used:

Last names must be at least two characters long.
    Last names cannot contain two spaces in a row.
    Last names cannot start or end with a space.
    Last names can be made up of multiple words.
    Each word must be at least two characters long.
    Each word can contain up to one apostrophe.
    Each word can contain capital letters only as the first letter, or immediately after an apostrophe.
    No numbers or other punctuation beyond spaces and apostrophes.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ust-1-a-2.html

Cool, but holy hell is that expensive. Damn Trion, you're usually pretty decent with the whole monetization of the game thing, but that's just silly.

While I don't play Rift, I do look into how things change in games, and I do like the idea of a surname feature for an MMO. It can also double as a great way to distinguish characters of similar names.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    holy hell is that expensive. Damn Trion, you're usually pretty decent with the whole monetization of the game thing, but that's just silly.
    Luckily i did say 'subject to change'

Daglar himself posted saying it was just a 'generic' price placeholder they throw on new items, the actual price will be 450 credits, which is a huge step down from what we thought it would be. Back to Edge Crusher for you then

The original item was duplicated from something else. PTS is updated sporadically - and prices are shared with live - where the final item had not been pushed as of this update.

The price is, last I checked, 450 credits.

There is no bait and switch here - the item simply did not have a final price attached in the update that folks are viewing.

~Daglar
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ust-1-a-5.html

Ah, that's quite solid then. Very affordable and easily covered with a single REX (which is quite easy to farm the plat for even at the increased cost at the moment).

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, now to come up with some last names..