Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh wow, you took a screenshot of twitch most played games during a new MMO launch, much interesting.
    Also it was during that time, when some fat black dude had like 300k+ viewers, which seem like a massive view bot to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, because the number of people on Twitch streaming a new game is a solid metric to measure the game's success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Yeah, because the number of people on Twitch streaming a new game is a solid metric to measure the game's success.
    Don't you know? WoW is a massive failure! I mean they only have more players that the populations of small countries...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Before you do buy it the only advice I'd offer is make sure you have a machine capable of running it at a decent level not the minimum settings as it still runs like shit on those settings.
    Apart from that its a pretty fun game over all and I've purchased it and look forward to having something enw to do other than farm siege each week -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    It's already to late for wow.

Be as mad as you want.
    This is the kind of fanboyism I was hoping wouldn't corrupt this thread (I know there are WoW fanboys but so far none have posted).

Be as mad as you want.
    Because somehow watching a game being played is an indication of how good it is? Isn't it weird that a 10 year old game is even on that list? Who watches that? New game I can imagine, but WoW? Bleh. I'd rather play it.

I think you could watch videos on youtube and decide for yourself. I don't think the kind of thread really belongs in WoW forum too.

Deleted
    I see Twitch numbers as a metric of how many people just can't be bothered to play it themselves.
    I'm one of them, I'll be watching some Wildstar streams over the next couple of weeks, and then choose if I can get my money's worth out of it.

Deleted
    Compared to NOTHING at the price of U.S.$ 15 per month?

Easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Because somehow watching a game being played is an indication of how good it is? Isn't it weird that a 10 year old game is even on that list? Who watches that? New game I can imagine, but WoW? Bleh. I'd rather play it.
    What's "Draw something"? The existence of that alone completely invalidates the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing it since Mid-beta and now live, I still find it hard to get into! I have played WoW since TBC was in beta. Yes wildstar is more hardcore than WoW atm, but I am over the Lvl Grind in every mmo that hits the scene. Seems all I want to do now is progress on toons in WoW instead of lvl grind again, I will keep lvling in Wildstar hoping to get that Fix WoW gave me way back, but feels like I grew past that a while ago.

I know if WoW comes out with a Beta invite, I will jump at that ASAP lol and my $$ will be gone over Wildstar .

To be clear, I never buy every MMO like some people. Only 3 I have are: WoW, GW2(meh), Wildstar(up in the air)

I really hope Wildstar Stays strong to keep WoW on a good path

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    This is the kind of fanboyism I was hoping wouldn't corrupt this thread (I know there are WoW fanboys but so far none have posted).
    They don't need to now. The haters couldn't make it past page one without securing the thread lock.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account

Be as mad as you want.

*Img Snip*
    Woah, you mean a game that's been out for 6 hours has more viewers than a game that hasn't had new content in 9 months?

STOP THE FREAKIN' PRESSES.

I found Wildstar really grindy by level 20. I imagine it gets much worse later on... That's not to say it isn't worth slogging through, just that I find the speed of the combat way too sluggish for my liking. I also think they way, way overused the telegraph system. I get it, it's the game's trademark... but it's everywhere.

It's also a completely different kind of game. Leveling in WoW allows you to relax and turn off your brain for the most part. Even random trash mobs in Wildstar requires you to pay attention and dodge, which just doesn't seem too great when you realize it's a 150+ hour slog to level cap.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2014-05-31 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    First of all, why do you wanna play an MMO? My first impression of Wildstar is that it looks gorgeous, but a lot of people play MMOs for different reasons and enjoy different things. As I'm all about the leveling experience and the story and the environment, I don't really care that much about raids, progression and the end game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    First of all, why do you wanna play an MMO? My first impression of Wildstar is that it looks gorgeous, but a lot of people play MMOs for different reasons and enjoy different things. As I'm all about the leveling experience and the story and the environment, I don't really care that much about raids, progression and the end game.
    It's WAY too cartoonish.

10+ Year Old Account
    One more thing about Wildstar, I don't think it's the kind of game you can play alongside another MMO. I was planning to pick it up and play casually on my raid off-nights until WoD, but after playing beta and seeing their plans for end-game, that went out the window. It's a REALLY hardcore game, that demands your time and effort. If you can't devote 10+ hours a week to it, I don't think it's worth bothering.

Be as mad as you want.

http://imageshack.com/a/img845/8636/8f3d.png

So going by your definition of Twitch viewers somehow being relevant to the success of a game, having the viewers drop from 200,000+ to 38,000 in 15 minutes should mean Wildstar is already dead. Therefore, it's not worth buying. Am I right? It's your criteria after all.
    Last edited by Sj; 2014-05-31 at 06:19 PM.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    i couldnt stand playing till lvl 3... game was shit horrid

now you may say i didnt give it a chance..

i counter you with this....

who wasnt hooked instantly on wow when they first started.

my very first character a night elf druid, so many years ago.... the look of teldrassil....those ugly triangle footed grell...and the look of my moon beam smashing them at lvl 4. It was love at first cast.
    And I counter your counter by saying that WoW must've been your very first MMO ever back then same as it was mine. Thus, you've built experience and have seen a lot so not much will impress you anymore.

Getting to level 3 and quitting on Wildstar is like getting to level 3 on WoW on a class you haven't played before and say it's a stupid class. Oh well, you only got yourself with it since you've probably put more effort into downloading the game than actually trying it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I haven't bought and might not but I will issue this statement:

People! When talking about this game, please be as objective (as in how the game runs and such) and/or be as unbiased as possible (don't go full blown fanboy on this, it doesn't help anyone). Also don't be a heckler who can only say the game sucks and not give reasonable reasons why.
    Nothing we say can really help as its up to ones opinion of a mmo .

Here, this might help you make your mind. Mind you, I cannot stand the Exiles while I love the Dominion.
    http://cogitationesastalnaris.blogsp...mpression.html