Thread: ROS leveling

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

ROS leveling

im currently level 64 and playing on expert. i can tank some pretty good damage but i feel like a wet noodle most of the time. could anyone recommend a good leveling spec that pumps out damage? but at the same time i dont want to be a glass cannon and get 1 shot. i would prefer to avoid a kite build also.

here is my wizard http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D.../hero/21813024
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    If you feel like you are doing fine, until suddenly you take a big burst of damage, it is likely in your game play; you don't move out of fire chains or things on the ground fast enough, or keep dps'ing reflect damage mobs, etc. One easy change you could do is switch out of glass cannon; a passive that specifically makes you take more damage. Just change it to something else, arcane dynamo, unwavering will, or any other choice that helps boost your damage / survivability.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that if you're getting gear from just finding stuffs as you level, at around 61+ anything above Hard becomes inefficient, and at around 64+, anything above Normal takes too long. Your legacy items aren't exactly omgawesomes. Might want to bump the difficulthy down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    I find that if you're getting gear from just finding stuffs as you level, at around 61+ anything above Hard becomes inefficient, and at around 64+, anything above Normal takes too long. Your legacy items aren't exactly omgawesomes. Might want to bump the difficulthy down.
    I cannot say that I agree; I was able to level my main from 60 to 70 on T1, and subsequent new characters in expert and master, depending on gear. It really depends what kind of gear you find, and if you are able to pass anything from previous level 70 chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    and if you are able to pass anything from previous level 70 chars.
    That's true. I was going off OP's profile, who doesn't have a 70 yet. Obviously if you have reduced level requirement 70 gear, or even lots of gold and mats to enchant each piece every level, you likely won't have problems with T1. Legacy gear, save for a few like a well-rolled Skorn, gets replaced fairly quickly too, unless the bonuses are good.

EDIT: There's also paragon points to consider. If you have tons of it banked up prior to RoS (which the OP doesn't), then you'll have a much easier time leveling on higher difficulties.
    Last edited by Fhi; 2014-05-31 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    That's true. I was going off OP's profile, who doesn't have a 70 yet. Obviously if you have reduced level requirement 70 gear, or even lots of gold and mats to enchant each piece every level, you likely won't have problems with T1. Legacy gear, save for a few like a well-rolled Skorn, gets replaced fairly quickly too, unless the bonuses are good.
    Aye, though you can still get just simply lucky with drops that will afford you with more leeway. You can find a good reduced level weapon or find some really good items like cindercoats and blades of prophecy (usually the only place I seem to find those sodding things), which then elevates you to the next level.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the advice. problem isnt really living. it just takes me a while to kill stuff. maybe ill try taking it down a difficulty level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    thanks for the advice. problem isnt really living. it just takes me a while to kill stuff. maybe ill try taking it down a difficulty level.
    A useful tip; killing stuff faster also helps you live longer. In fact, killing stuff really fast is among the best mitigators that you can have. So feel free to drop some survival stats for more offensive stats.

If you have already killed Malthael once I really recommend leveling in Adventure Mode, T1, if you are able to pull it off. I was able to lvl my WD from 60 to 70 in a matter of 1.5-2 hours on T1 bounties. That being said, I had a lvl 70 weapon with level reduction and a Hellfire Ring from lvl 66, but I think it is manageable, even without those benefits.
    Last edited by Nerfarien; 2014-06-09 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    I could propose such build for a barbarian if you are interested.

Deleted
    I would advise using a frozen orb build and going for gear with +frost damage on it, you can try rolling for the +frost damage to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Expl0siv0 View Post
    I would advise using a frozen orb build and going for gear with +frost damage on it, you can try rolling for the +frost damage to.
    i was using a fire build and switched to frost blade/blizzard/frost hydra and it works really well imo. i just hit 70 so im gona try to look into farming builds now.

I agree with the others about leveling in Adventure Mode. I cant seem to go through the acts myself anymore. Adventure mode goes pretty quick imho.

Adventure mode bounties are fastest IMO.