Weird thing with settings using sliders

Not too sure if this has been answered but I couldn't find it with the forum search function. Has anyone experienced a weird thing with the sliders when changing the settings? Here is an IMAGE of what I am talking about. For the number 18.0616..." it seems like is has lots of decimal places for the number when you slide it. It might be an OS thing because on my old vista computer it was sliding correctly by whole numbers and not big decimals places.
    Old Computer

New Computer

Quote Originally Posted by IXBillyXI View Post
    Not too sure if this has been answered but I couldn't find it with the forum search function. Has anyone experienced a weird thing with the sliders when changing the settings? Here is an IMAGE of what I am talking about. For the number 18.0616..." it seems like is has lots of decimal places for the number when you slide it. It might be an OS thing because on my old vista computer it was sliding correctly by whole numbers and not big decimals places.
    There is some change or other to the widget API that resulted in that. The newest Ace3 library has a work-around, but if the author doesn't use it, or has not updated to the most current version, you could still run into this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    There is some change or other to the widget API that resulted in that. The newest Ace3 library has a work-around, but if the author doesn't use it, or has not updated to the most current version, you could still run into this.
    So am I able to update the Ace3 library without messing up the addon?
    Old Computer

New Computer

So am I able to update the Ace3 library without messing up the addon?
    You can install it stand-alone, and that will be used separately. Ace3 on Curse and install like any other addon. Basically, this then means that all the addons use the latest ace3, which should be safe, and theoretically at least should fix your problem.

(Note, though, that you don't *have* to use ace3, it is just super-common, and the addon doesn't use it, it doesn't get the "bug fix" applied.)

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    You can install it stand-alone, and that will be used separately. Ace3 on Curse and install like any other addon. Basically, this then means that all the addons use the latest ace3, which should be safe, and theoretically at least should fix your problem.

(Note, though, that you don't *have* to use ace3, it is just super-common, and the addon doesn't use it, it doesn't get the "bug fix" applied.)
    Yeah just noticed that the addon doesn't use Ace3 at all. The addon in the image is Automatic Goblin Therapist so I guess I will have to live with the bug.
    Old Computer

New Computer

Try clicking the number below the scroll, see if you can type a number in directly.
    Or if you are comfortable doing so, manually edit the saved variables in a text editor once you have them close to what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yeah just noticed that the addon doesn't use Ace3 at all. The addon in the image is Automatic Goblin Therapist so I guess I will have to live with the bug.
    Beg to blizzard to fix this.

I already tried and failed:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9553355349#1

I was a bit harsh too, since this shit is driving me crazy. But seems like blizzard doesn't give a shit about it, within a tons of their other only blizzard default bugs.

Yeah, that tone just isn't gonna move a developer heart an inch. Just remember: the more you annoy them with your tone, the less motivated they are to fix your bug. (Yes, that is petty, but it comes from 'em being human, just like you and me

You can probably expect a fix in 6.0 at this stage, and not before.

Did not find the addon you mentioned with my first google, so cannot post the actual fix.

The solution is to call
    Code:
    Slider:SetObeyStepOnDrag(true)
    If you give us the code of the addon, I am sure someone can help you implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudor View Post
    Did not find the addon you mentioned with my first google, so cannot post the actual fix.

The solution is to call
    Code:
    Slider:SetObeyStepOnDrag(true)
    If you give us the code of the addon, I am sure someone can help you implement it.
    Thats sadly not as good as the built in one, since it doesn't remove the clutch.

This is with the old slidervalue, FF to 5:00:

Notice how damn smooth it is.

This is after the bug, FF to 0:42:

Last edited by Resike; 2014-06-06 at 02:56 PM.