Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    But I think if you have so much corruption just to get the votes, you should be banned from hosting the event. Give it to the US who was the other main country vying for the 2022 World Cup. At least they have the stadiums and infrastructure to host it.
    that would seem even more corrupt

Wait till the LGBT people find out Quarar puts gay foreign visitors in jail. They even have a "gay test" when enter, or so I remember reading about.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    For a country that created an indoor Ski slop in the middle of the desert, I think adding in air conditioning is doable.

I'm not going to get into the whole laber thing

But I think if you have so much corruption just to get the votes, you should be banned from hosting the event. Give it to the US who was the other main country vying for the 2022 World Cup. At least they have the stadiums and infrastructure to host it.
    this is in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and not Qatar :P though yes both countries utilize a lot of air conditioning (we have bus stops with AC's in them here) to beat the heat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    If Russia could host the Winter Olympics and Brazil can host the world cup this year, then Qatar can host it too.

It's not the first lobbied world cup or olympic games and it won't be the last.
    I'd say - if South Africa can do it, why not Qatar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Slavery is apparently just fine, but some bribery is just beyond the pale?
    Sadly not unique to Qatar, the all the gulf countries do this and the west seems to turn a blind eye because they're our 'allies.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Well frankly I could see them being more enjoyable in north korea than quatar, though they are of course poor beyond comprehension (for a country so close to high tech countries like south korea and japan).

What a surprise that corruption is involved!

Who would have thought?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p020...alflow_twitter

Interesting listen, should be able to listen to it outside the UK too.