Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Well for one he could have consulted with congress about it. I mean that would be the legal thing to do since he is the top cop in the usa. Bergdhal threw himself under the bus, he chose to leave his unit.
    The two-faced backstabbing congress that obviously doesn't give a shit about what Obama wants, what's good for the country or anything other than their own shameless self-promotion? Yeah, those are totally the guys I want to talk to before making any major decisions, I know they'll be honest, unbiased and give a level-headed reason for their stance.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Unfortunately in this case, as many of the cases in Obama's presidency, it really didn't matter what he did. If he didn't do the swap, Republicans wouldn't have even batted an eye at calling Obama a traitor for abandoning our troops (which they did early on before the whole desertion thing came out). If he did make the swap they'd call Obama a traitor for giving up 'valuable' prisoners and as they did, throw Bergdahl under the bus.
    Almost couldn't agree more with this, except that it did matter what he did because 5 very bad guys are on the loose and one bad to pretty bad guy is back here. But in the court of public opinion Obama was guilty before he even did anything. I would make at least some argument that for this very reason is why Obama is supposed to run it by Congress-- if the Republicans supported or opposed the move they'd be hung by their own rope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    As far as the whole "prisoner swap" thing, its happened for centuries, and really is a good thing if its an equal exchange and a great diplomatic tool, of which this was an unequal exchange dealing with an entirely undiplomatic part of the world.
    And we wouldve been better off letting them behead the traitorous shit bag than to give away 5 terrorists

Deleted
    If a precedent was set it was by Reagan, who actually traded fucking Arms for prisoners.

Would like to point out plenty of the right were all like "BRING BERGY HOME" until it was Obama who did it.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    1. He ignored congress
    It's the only way to get things done in the United States anymore. Don't blame the President, blame the infantile congressmen who whine and stomp their feet, are bankrolled by lobbyists, and are so fucking petty as to keep laws from being made just because they don't like who the President is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And we wouldve been better off letting them behead the traitorous shit bag than to give away 5 terrorists
    You would rather embolden actual terrorists by letting them behead a US citizen, then release 5 prisoners that were held unconstitutionally without any charges?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    We convict people with trials Orlong, not opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    We convict people with trials Orlong, not opinions.
    You cant argue this was the right thing to do. Obama made a huge blunder (I hope it was only a blunder anyways), he even invited the traitors family to the rose garden to gloat about what a good job he did. It was an illegal and incompetent over step of executive authority. I think Obama doesn't understand American patriotism at all. We respect our honorable soldiers but hate traitors.

You cant argue this was the right thing to do. Obama made a huge blunder (I hope it was only a blunder anyways), he even invited the traitors family to the rose garden to gloat about what a good job he did. It was an illegal and incompetent over step of executive authority. I think Obama doesn't understand American patriotism at all. We respect our honorable soldiers but hate traitors.
    Traitors are convicted in a court.

15+ Year Old Account
    So it is an empty puff of smoke that american lives matter? You either get him home and if he is a rat bastard after a trial sentence him he gets punished.
    Letting the blind patriotism you refer to being the moronic tool that it often is in itself really doesnt reflect the foundation of your nation.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.