Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Is Siege of Orgrimmar REALLY that hard?

Since people are talking about SoO Being too hard and want more nerfs(And to those with lesser progress).

To put this to the test, a bunch of guys from my guild are going to gather BiS Heroic Dungeon Gear sets(And timeless gear sets). We'll ONLY be upgrading our Heroic Dungeon gear to their max itemlvl of 471, you are WELCOME to use heroic scenario gear(no epics allowed).

Our first run will be held @ June the 28th(Saturday).
    We will be attempting to clear 14/14 NORMAL with it.

- We are recruiting more people of any class to join us for this(hybrids yeah baby!)
    - We are all HORDE on EU servers(Kazzak).
    - We've all defeated the 14 Heroic bosses of Siege of Orgrimmar.

Requirements to join us:
    - Be Horde on EU servers.
    - Have a full set of 1/1 Upgraded Heroic Dungeon gear(471 itemlvl).
    - Have a SPARE set of Timeless gear(No upgrades).
    - Have at least cleared it on normal on any toon.(More experienced players will always be prioritized).
    - a working Microphone.

The entire journey will be broadcast live.
    Add my battle-tag if you're interested/Pm me on here.
    (Ayub92#2576).

Openraid Event:
    http://openraid.eu/events/view/199603/

Streaming(as i was asked multiple times):
    www.twitch.tv/artemol

Quick Update: Everyone who i've accepted on Openraid, along with anyone else who wants to join i'll be hosting LFR-> Flex in a few days.

RNG Can be a bitch and the grind is crazy. I' myself am still missing a mail head ;>.

But yeah, keep an eye out for your Btag-requests as i'll be adding everyone soonish.(Probably around the 19th-20th

As only 6 people had farmed a full 471 set, we sadly couldn't get a 25 man raid going. We'll aim towards clearing 10 man sometime in july
    Last edited by Artemol; 2014-06-28 at 10:39 AM.

Great for you, some people don't play as often or are as good as you.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Great for you, some people don't play as often or are as good as you.
    This is not being done to mock people, it's being done to test our own limits.

Deleted
    Nice idea.
    I think it should be possible to clear most of it (if people know what they are doing).
    At least up to Thok (that guy is arguably a lot about pushing numbers).

I don't like how you named the event "world first", that comes over quite douchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    This is not being done to mock people, it's being done to test our own limits.
    Your post states that it's to test whether SoO needs nerfs, hence his comment.

Is the timeless isle set for if heroic dungeon goes wrong?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Quite an impressive feat if you manage to kill Garrosh normal in 471 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Knough View Post
    Your post states that it's to test whether SoO needs nerfs, hence his comment.

Is the timeless isle set for if heroic dungeon goes wrong?
    Timeless gear is backup, for those fights which require higher numbers

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I'm wishing you guys the best of luck. I imagine the dps checks would be the hardest part, but sweet heavens... if you manage to tank and kill Garrosh in 471 gear, I will be baffled. I think the Iron Stars and transition phases will be impossible to survive, but hey best of luck to you guys, if I can tune in to watch I absolutely will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm around I will definitely watch. I'm on US servers so I can't participate but its definitely going to be hilarious to tune in- whether you're successful or not. I think this is a neat idea to pass the time.

Deleted
    Aren't there mechanics that will oneshot you given you'll have 400k hp or so?

Good luck, you should stream it.

I would watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Aren't there mechanics that will oneshot you given you'll have 400k hp or so?
    Yeah low HP could be one of your main enemies, along with DPS checks.

Deleted
    Nice idea, definitely will watch the stream

15+ Year Old Account
    1-shots, enrage timers and tanking in generally is going to be a huge issue. Best of luck though, will be very impressed if you clear 1st wing.

your tanks will literally get one shot by immerseus's corrosive blast. if your tanks can somehow survive the blasts with a good rotation of cds, your raid will end up dying from too many puddles hitting the middle.

BUT even then. let's say you downed immerseus. you'll get to protectors and your healers will run oom during rook's first desperate measure phase trying to heal 1.2m damage every inferno strike. get past that and then you'll face your first real dps check: he's desperate measure.

SoO on normal is piss easy but it's still tuned for 522 gear at the very least. my druid in proving grounds with a medley of SoO heroic gear has about 380k hp. at 518 ilvl (left over OS gear from ToT), he's sitting at 498k hp.

there's "testing your own limits" and then there's just wasting time. not trying to be harsh or rude, just being honest.

Best of luck to you, this idea has basically been done before (not with SoO). I remember someone organized a blue gear raid to clear Ulduar back in Wrath, and they managed, including one shotting Yogg.

Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    your tanks will literally get one shot by immerseus's corrosive blast. if your tanks can somehow survive the blasts with a good rotation of cds, your raid will end up dying from too many puddles hitting the middle.

BUT even then. let's say you downed immerseus. you'll get to protectors and your healers will run oom during rook's first desperate measure phase trying to heal 1.2m damage every inferno strike. get past that and then you'll face your first real dps check: he's desperate measure.

SoO on normal is piss easy but it's still tuned for 522 gear at the very least. my druid in proving grounds with a medley of SoO heroic gear has about 380k hp. at 518 ilvl (left over OS gear from ToT), he's sitting at 498k hp.

there's "testing your own limits" and then there's just wasting time. not trying to be harsh or rude, just being honest.

You can easily be at 600k hp in 471 gear.
    This with a decent cd rotation will be enough for anything Normalmode has to offer

Fight which need much healing we're doing it 3 healing mode/4 healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    Best of luck to you, this idea has basically been done before (not with SoO). I remember someone organized a blue gear raid to clear Ulduar back in Wrath, and they managed, including one shotting Yogg.
    The difference between heroic dungeon MOP and TOT normal gear is much greater than the difference between WOTLK dungeon heroic and Naxxramas gear.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    http://greedygoblin.blogspot.de/ did it and they also cleared lich king after the nerfs but being primarly trader he left on suggestion to eve which has the most complex economy in mmorpgs.

edit:
    "There also was a blue only geared guild called "undergeared" that killed like ~7/12 in ICC. " -that was him, they cleared full after nerfs.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2014-06-01 at 10:43 PM.

Deleted
    There also was a blue only geared guild called "undergeared" that killed like ~7/12 in ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Juggernaut, thats the wiper ^^