10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Who remembers these pictures? This thread may make you feel nostalgic and happy

And the module that got me started so many years ago

I never saw any of those pictures before. I feel a little upset that I wasted time clicking this thread. Good going.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I never saw any of those pictures before. I feel a little upset that I wasted time clicking this thread. Good going.
    It was probably a bit before your time.
    Last edited by Jayburner; 2014-06-02 at 12:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    It was probably a bit before your time. I still remember seeing Gary Gygax at my local library when he worked there. Good memories.
    Is that the guy that did the module that showed up in Ready Player One?

I only started playing D&D with my friends fairly recently (we still have yet to actually finish a campaign, maybe I wrote it too long?), but I've been playing things like Baldur's Gate from way back.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Is that the guy that did the module that showed up in Ready Player One?

I only started playing D&D with my friends fairly recently (we still have yet to actually finish a campaign, maybe I wrote it too long?), but I've been playing things like Baldur's Gate from way back.
    Gary Gygax is the reason this website exists if you ask me.

I'm sorry sir, the diagnosis is:

What are these? I recognize it as D&D, but can't even tell if they're old video games or, definitely before my time, board games.

You want to trigger nostalgia for me, you're going to have to bring out Commander Keen or those old Treasure Mountain edu-tainment games.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2014-06-02 at 03:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Who needs pictures? I have the books sitting on my bookshelf.

Also looking at Monster Manual II, Unearthed Arcana and the Fiend Folio.
    Last edited by Kulanae; 2014-06-02 at 05:01 AM.

Deleted
    What is this? Board games? So you actually have to use your imagination? These graphics suck!

Deleted

This was the start of my tabletop gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post

Used to play Blood Bowl with my buddy back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm sorry sir, the diagnosis is:

What are these? I recognize it as D&D, but can't even tell if they're old video games or, definitely before my time, board games.

You want to trigger nostalgia for me, you're going to have to bring out Commander Keen or those old Treasure Mountain edu-tainment games.
    They are old D and D manuals. I remember them clearly as my Dad had them. They must be 70's to early 80's because he had them and had long stopped playing when I was a kid.

Damn OP, bringing back memories. It's a real shame that far less people get to experience D&D these days.

I started with AD&D 2nd Ed.

SO much more awesome than 3rd Ed. (hehe)

Also, kudos to the 2nd Ed. 40k Painting all those gretchin (was that what they were called, memory fails) was a summers worth of fun haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Second Edition, because I'm a callow youth.

I'm not sure if that's the picture that was on the front of mine, definitely remember that font though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post

My first forays into table-top gaming had a grimy and dank flavour to its grim darkness, but we graduated to full-blown 2nd ed. 40k quite quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought the Dungeons and Dragons advanced manual and never even played the game I was just fascinated by it. Brings back memories of Rogue and Hack on the IBM PCs back in the day.