Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are failing to realize how different Runescape and World Of warcraft are in terms of development , RuneScape is a fucking awfully made game that has completely ruined it's at best shoddy reputation.

I would not look at Jagex's business models as a guide on how to run a game , they have proven over years at how inept they are.

I think Andrew gower would be completely disgraced if he saw how they have ran the game into the ground.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I tried a vanilla legacy server once. ONCE. It was fucking horrible, I threw away my rose tinted glasses instantly. Definitely would not recommend it to anybody.
    Yep, I tried some odd specs there, like Ret and Prot pallys, feral druids, etc. ... and it was unviable or/and unbearable to play.
    The vanilla wow appeal was there, but some classes and specs were simply unfinished, with a lot of worthless/underpowered spells.

Deleted
    because rune scape has been around ALLOT longer?
    maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-

Play that when it comes out. Blizzard doesn't care about private servers, and this one is going to be one of the best. (WHEN it comes out, which might not be for awhile)

Also, WoW is not Runescape.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-02 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanesca View Post
    <snip>

Play that when it comes out. Blizzard doesn't care about private servers, and this one is going to be one of the best. (WHEN it comes out, which might not be for awhile)

Also, WoW is not Runescape.

The scapegaming lawsuit says otherwise. Blizzard was awarded 88 million in the case.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-06-02 at 02:32 PM.

Just go play on -snip- or -snip- if you want a blizz like vanilla game. They are both very well done -snip- is very high pop and you will have queues at times, and -snip- is a lower pop server with a pretty even number of players on each faction with roughly 300-500 players on at any given time. Both of these servers are quit fun and I never had any issues getting groups to do whatever I wanted to do.

If you want to play TBC just wait for -snip-, who knows when it will be out but just doing some dungeon testing with the devs there it looks to be a serious reproduction of TBC.

If you do plan to play these types of servers, try to learn a little bit about how the game was at those times. A lot of people go play a vanilla server and wonder why the spec they play on live sucks then quit. The only real thing to remember though is that if you plan to raid, the classes with heal buttons are most likely going to heal and warriors will most likely tank unless your guild has a shit load of warriors.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-02 at 02:42 PM.

I always find the thought of sending WoW's community from today into the rep grinds & raids from Vanilla or BC at the appropriate level funny. This would surely end in some serious frustration and bloody noses for many while not being able to contribute anything to the current live game, resulting in such a "service" becoming majorly unused, and those who use it will have a hard time finding anyone to play with. But hey you've been asking for it.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locking the thread,

this thread has turned around from actual discussion about 'legacy' ideas and nostalgia hope into what seems to be, private server discussion. This kind of topic is not permitted on MMO-champion forums.

- Gehco
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..