Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Jeez OP, talk about more balance issues.

Based on the so-far-pretty-positive responses in this thread, I'm going to go and expand on all of the classes. I work a boring factory job all day so I have plenty of time for ideas to fester in my brainpan so I'm going to put my spare time to some good use and come up with some actual concepts, I'm talking about abilities and pvp scenarios and shit.

Some changes though to my original post;

- Mages no longer Abjurers, shield and ward casting felt too Disc Priests so going to focus on time weaving as Chrono Mages. This will focus more on reversing damage done instead of healing and shielding, which should make for some interesting gameplay.

- Priests no longer Inquisitors, felt too much like Monk/Ret Paladin. Still not 100% sure, but leaning towards a fleshed out Atonement style DPS. Would be similar to Shockadins but should be able to find other options. Other option is a prayer/sacrifice style Tank, Martyr Priest.

- DK Necromancer focus more on a Bone theme, Bone Spike Graveyard, summoning hordes of skeletons and putting up more of a focus on pet damage. Unfortunately not many synonyms for 'Bone' so ability naming is going to suck.

- Rogue Ranger more Dark Ranger-y to differentiate from MM/Surv Hunters

- Geomancer's renamed Earthward Shaman. Sounds better.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to be a sentinel/ranger that way they could share glaives with demon hunter. For mages I would want a battle mage! But sadly blizzard struggles to balance current classes so first lets see if they can balance better in WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 class with 3 specs is better than 11 classes getting 4th, aka 11 more specs to balance
    It looks good on paper, but it wouldt work
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I doubt they're going to voluntarily take on what amounts to 3 new classes(10 specs) for a single expansion.
    Except it doesn't amount to 3 new classes work wise.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    New class = one month of playing or boost = money

4th spec = respec = no money

and

and I'd rather like to have 3 new specs in new class than 10 new specs in old classes.
    Yeah, no. Some people might want to try a new spec of a class they didn't play before. On the other hand, the new class isn't going to interest everybody, new specs have a much larger variety. Overall, it probably evens out.

Very nice ideas, would like to see something implemented like this

Give me shaman tank now! In all seriousness though, I love the ideas...but my poor druid may feel a lil left out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I know the topic has been beaten to death, but I feel like it's a good discussion to have when considering the options for the next expansion. WoD had the model updates, which are great, but come the next expansion people are going to start wanting something fresh and new. Usually, this comes in the form of a new race, or a new class, but honestly I think any new class that Blizzard adds to the game is going to feel forced and there aren't any real good candidates for a new race, other than Ogres for the Horde and Arrakoa for the Alliance.

That's why I am suggesting that for the 6th WoW expansion, Blizzard introduces a 4th specialization to each class, excluding Druids because they are already special snowflakes. We are already seeing Blizzard push the boundaries of some specializations when you look at what is planned for the Warrior for WoD, they are getting a Gladiator stance that will allow them to viably sword and board DPS. I say, take it one step further, and implement it all as a new, 4th spec.

An point to note is that with WoD implementing the new armor system, where the primary stats change based on your specialization, this means that no matter what primary stat the fourth spec uses, there will be no change in gear competitiveness compared to pre-4th spec.

Here are my suggestions:

Warrior - Gladiator: Sword and Board DPS, based on the Gladiator Stance introduced in Warlords of Draenor. Damage is based on a modified Protection rotation, with Shield Block being replaced by Shield Charge.

Hunter - Primal: Dual Wield Melee DPS, based on Rexxar and the Warcraft RPG Beastmasters, are fighters who battle in close quarters alongside their animal companions. As ranged weapons are not equipped, Primal Hunters gain a set of melee abilities, while retaining the ability to tame and make use of exotic pets.

Druid - N/A

Rogue - Ranger: Ranged DPS, based on the Warcraft RPG Rangers and Sentinels, are stealthy fighters who wait in the shadow for the perfect moment to fire an arrow into their enemies heart. Still capable of stealth, but incapable of using their melee attacks, Rangers gain a set of ranged abilities but still retain their core themes, such as poisoning their arrows and firing incapacitating shots.

Warlock - Demon Hunter: Tank, based on the Glyph of Demon Hunting, which grants Warlocks with the ability Dark Apotheosis, which allows Warlocks to tank. The usual Dark Apotheosis abilities and rotations remain, but gain a set of defensive and threat increasing abilities as well as proper taunts.

Shaman - Geomancy: Tank, based on the Earth elemental which acts as a tank, utilizes earth based abilities, such as Rockbiter weapon to increase threat. Geomancers gain a set of defensive abilities and taunts in order to effectively tank.

Mage - Abjuration: Damage mitigation Healer, based on the Warcraft description of Abjuration "Abjuration is the study of protective magic and one of the most important schools for a young mage to study." Mages apply wards and shields on their allies in order to prevent damage, as well as weaving time to undo damage done to their targets.

Priest - Inquisitor: Melee DPS, based on the Scarlet Inquisitors, these priests twist the holy light to torment its foes, using melee weapons to attack the flesh and holy magic to destroy the mind, Inquisitors gain a set of holy based melee abilities, while continuing to use existing abilities such as Smite.

Paladin - Exorcist: Ranged DPS, based on goold old Shockadins. Not much explaining to do here, holy shock, denounce, judgement, offensive word of glory, hammer of wrath, the abilities are already here, simply create beneficial masteries and make small modifications to make a functioning rotation.

Death Knight - Necromancer: Ranged DPS, based on the Necromancers of the Scourge. These death knights seek to enhance their domination over lesser undead, and master the dark art of necromancy. While continuing to use existing DK abilities such as Frost Fever/Blood Plague, death coil, death and decay, and army of the dead, Necromancers choose from an array of undead minions to summon, such as Abominations, Bone Golems and Crypt Fiends. Instead of melee attacks, they channel their dark magic through staves.

Monk - Firedancer: Ranged DPS, based on the celestial Chi-ji. Those who learn the fighting style and teachings of the Red Crane become Firedancers, Monks who can channel powerful fire based attacks from a distance. Abilities include spells such as Firestorm, Blazing Song and Crane Rush.

Any feedback is appreciated. I know plate wearing necromancers seems kind of weird, but I think it could be pretty cool. Other than that I think it all feels pretty dang solid. Crossposted here.
    Of all the thousands of ideas for adding fourths specializations for all classes (leaving aside the Druids) definitely THIS IS THE BEST OF ALL.

They are the most plausible, the most logical and the most necessary: if Blizzard someday decides to add the fourths specializations THESE SHOULD BE THE CHOSEN.

From now on I hope not to see more threads of suggestions for new specializations to the existing classes, because this thread is the definitive (perhaps even should be a Sticky thread).

And for the record, in some ways I think drastically different (e.g. I prefer Necromancers or Demon Hunters being classes by themselves), but by overall, all of them have convinced me.

Very good work! Congratulations!

What would you guys think of a fleshed out Atonement spec? I have no idea how it would work since I've never rolled priest but from feedback that seems like it would be pretty popular.
    You just lost The Game