Thread: The hard choice

Deleted

The hard choice

hi guys!!, I read that tank class in swtor It's to hard and the late game gear that fleet vendor sell it's useless so you need from crafters all enhac,ecc so anyone can help me with the big choice of good tank class? thanks all!!
    Last edited by mmoce4458fb1e4; 2014-06-02 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Each of the tanking classes have their tricks but I find the Juggernaut/Guardian most fun, overall I don't think any one class is any more viable than any other class so its all about personal opinion.
    Yes the comms tanking gear has some strange stats on the enhancements (alacrity and accuracy) but you don't need a crafter to get around that. You just buy the items that have the more suitable secondary stats for your class and rip the enhancements out to replace the rubbish enhancements.
    You can then send the armouring and mod to your 450 cybertech to RE to learn how to make them to make a few credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    Each of the tanking classes have their tricks but I find the Juggernaut/Guardian most fun, overall I don't think any one class is any more viable than any other class so its all about personal opinion.
    Yes the comms tanking gear has some strange stats on the enhancements (alacrity and accuracy) but you don't need a crafter to get around that. You just buy the items that have the more suitable secondary stats for your class and rip the enhancements out to replace the rubbish enhancements.
    You can then send the armouring and mod to your 450 cybertech to RE to learn how to make them to make a few credits.
    This. ^

You don't need a crafter really for an end game tank.

You can buy the vender gear and get your toon setup really nicely. You will have something like legs that has a weird enhancement in it with an odd stat like alacrity or accuracy as Bolverk mentioned. you will still want to buy the legs for the armoring or mod but to replace the enhancement just buy a second pair of tanking gloves that has what you need in it (or whatever item has the enhancement you need). It may take you an extra week to get the comms for it but it's not all that hard to do.

they will not be perfectly itemized like most raid set gear are but it's very nice 180 tanking gear you can do pretty much anything but nightmare with and a crafter is not really needed for those pieces. though you may need a crafter for hilts and barrels as those are much harder to come by.

The harder things to come is the accessory gear. Earpiece, 2 implants and 2 relics. The best ones are raid drops or crafters now and they charge a premium for those since they cannot proc a second one on a crit craft like they do for barrels, hilts, armorings, mods and enhancements.

As far as what tanks I like, Guardian ranks higherst for me, then trooper then shadow. I think the shadow is the least viable. They can still get the job done but i think they are much harder to heal given how they can take some serious spike damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolverk View Post
    How do you send the Bound armoring/mods to another character?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palswim View Post
    How do you send the Bound armoring/mods to another character?
    Use legacy bound gear, the starfighter gear u get at start can be used. Pop the mod(s) you want to send into the legacy bound item(s) and mail it to your target toon. (must be on same server ofc) Rip mod from received item and put it in desired piece of your alts armor. Can cost a few credits ripping mods, but much cheaper than buying them in most cases.