Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Please not another fucking portal Blizzard.
    Please remember that only 2/5 current versions of the game have ever used the Dark Portal (let alone a portal in general) - Vanilla and BC. your complaint makes no sense.

Also, this is fanmade, and using the DP has been tradition for login menus and people have cried for another DP screen since wrath. I think you're just whining for the sake of whining.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2014-06-05 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    BC one is what I really like. I hope the current dark portal they added in Alpha is just the Azeroth-side one. I'd like the Draenor version to be more grand like BC.
    Clearly you don't get the scale of the new Draenor side one. It's no less huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

ooh thats sick
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    Please remember that only 2/5 current versions of the game have ever used the Dark Portal (let alone a portal in general) - Vanilla and BC. your complaint makes no sense.

Also, this is fanmade, and using the DP has been tradition for login menus and people have cried for another DP screen since wrath. I think you're just whining for the sake of whining.
    It also makes a lot of sense since the portal plays such a big role. Be better if it was just a peon though.

j/king

Deleted
    I like it a darker theme compared to Zen pandas XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aximus View Post
    I like it a darker theme compared to Zen pandas XD
    Agreed. We had our time in the sun now it is time to slog though the shadows again. It is nice to have your time in the light don't get me wrong, but I personally enjoy the darkness a whole lot more.

Here's the new one

and high-res screenshots if anyone likes it

Last edited by KaNNis; 2014-06-07 at 10:42 PM.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the high rez shot. Made it my desktop bg :3

I hope the real login screen looks as good as that.

Those later ones look bad ass.

I'm wondering which one should I go for next, Make a Black Morras Portal/ Burning Crusade remake/ Icecrown Citadel/ Mists of Pandaria remake (maybe not the statues though, I didn't like it).

Any suggestions?

That jungle one looks very cool. Nice work. Also bonus points for GabeN haha made me laugh xD

Deleted
    Blizzard really need to update the Dark Portal. The old "Death Knights+Demons+Deathwing" Portal doesn't make any lore sense for the Iron Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it . I hope the login screen is like that
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs a few Orcs in the background fixing up the Dark Portal. :P
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Blizzard really need to update the Dark Portal. The old "Death Knights+Demons+Deathwing" Portal doesn't make any lore sense for the Iron Horde.
    To be honest, I had to re-edit the model quite a bit because they haven't textured a lot of parts in it, so it was a lot of grayed out parts which could essentially be more Iron Horde-ish, especially the demon face on both corners, I had updated with only orc face artwork at first, but I kept this one until I see what direction they'll go with, or how the portal area ends up looking like in the alpha/beta.

KaNNis, awesome!!!

Add unlimited army marching through it something like well of eternity inst. but with orcs instead of felguards

Quote Originally Posted by Warak View Post
    KaNNis, awesome!!!

Add unlimited army marching through it something like well of eternity inst. but with orcs instead of felguards
    I'm thinking of doing that with the current one I'm putting together (Black Morrass) but they'll be coming out of the portal, so I could practice character animation (I'll try to export it directly from WoW anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by KaNNis View Post
    I'm thinking of doing that with the current one I'm putting together (Black Morrass) but they'll be coming out of the portal, so I could practice character animation (I'll try to export it directly from WoW anyway)
    Login screen starts with Tanaan portal, orcs marching through it, camera flies around and makes some panoramic shots, than camera follows orcs through portal and emerges on the other side, we see BM\BL huge battle with catapults, tanks... blood, death, *Lok'tar ogar* and everything, than...I don't know what's next, you can't just loop login screen like this

May be WoD is the first expansion with dynamic login screen instead of static with some animation

now you're thinking with portals!

Here's a couple of other shots I was doing from the progression in case anyone likes them for wallpapers, they're high res, note quite 1080p,

Last edited by KaNNis; 2014-06-07 at 11:37 PM.