Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I took it from you like I'll TAKE YOUR LIFE.
    I mean. Take your book. Back to the library...

Also, I have no clue about this theme either. Gonna watch murder on the orient express when I can.
    Here, take this oil and candlestick, my good sir. I respect people who go out of their way to help out with the operation of libraries.

...I'm tired. Goodnight.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post

Am I the only one that knows nothing about this theme?
    Clueless, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Clueless, actually.
    Hilarious...

10+ Year Old Account
    Clueless, actually.
    I went and read through the wiki as soon as someone said that the title of this game related to something, so until this I was the most clueless :>

I'm interested to see if some of the original characters make it into the story or whether our mods have come up with their own cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    I went and read through the wiki as soon as someone said that the title of this game related to something, so until this I was the most clueless :>

I'm interested to see if some of the original characters make it into the story or whether our mods have come up with their own cast.
    I'm more interested how characters where chosen to be TPRs/Scum/Town.

10+ Year Old Account
    The theme is based off of Agatha Christie's Ten Little Niggers/Ten Little Indians/And Then There Were None. It had a bunch of different names in different countries. Its a murder mystery of wodunit with the catch that everyone on the island is guilty of doing bad shit and one of them kills them off one by one, killing himself at the end making it look like someone else did it.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've heard of the book, just never really got into it at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I'm more interested how characters where chosen to be TPRs/Scum/Town.
    Maybe we're all VTs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously there have to be a lot of original characters since there were only 10 in the novel and there are 24 of us. I'd personally guess that we've all been given new characters so we can't rely on the books to determine who the true bad guys are. Not that any of the characters in the book were "good" per say....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    And I'm not a leader of female sex smuggling ring. Really. I'm not.
    Then I'm not a serial killer. No, seriously, I'm not. Don't lynch me, bros!

I'm also not a black widow whose last three elderly and exorbitantly wealthy husbands died of "natural" causes within months of marrying me.

I'm not some religious nut who forced my daughter to go through with a dangerous pregnancy that killed both her and the child.

I'm not some adrenaline junkie that failed to double check my friend's parachute after dragging him along against his desires on a jump after telling him his parachute was fine.

I also did not just inherit my business through the mysterious suicide of my elder brother shortly after my father's illness tragically took a turn for the worse when it looked like he was about to recover.

I'm not a money counterfeiter who uses illegal child factory workers imported from North Korea and forces them to work in unsafe conditions which has led to the death of a few of my employees who are most certainly not at the bottom of the Thames.

I'm not a priest who through bad advice in a confessional caused a man to kill himself.

I'm not an Olympic fencer who just barely made the cut after the person chosen over me died in a tragic fencing accident.

I'm not a spurned lover whose ex (and his new lover he betrayed me for) never came back from their Caribbean vacation.

I'm not an author of murder mysteries who has written about crimes remarkably similar to real life murders.

I'm not a teacher whose student he had been rumoured to have an inappropriate relationship tripped down the stairs and broke her neck.

I'm not a politician rumoured to be homosexual whose supposed gay lover was found in an alley dead of a "self afflicted overdose".

I'm not a boxer whose opponent was killed in the ring and was found to have been injected with a performance inhibiting substance that contributed to his in ring death.

I'm not a professional gambler whose primary rival in a major poker tournament died of a heart attack.

I'm not a judge that sentenced several innocent men to death due to my overly harsh work ethic.

I'm not an archaeologist whose partners tend to disappear when very valuable artifacts are found.

I'm not a poacher who accidentally shot and killed my partner.

I am not a surgeon who, through performing surgery while drunk, has had 6 different people die on my operating table, only to have it hushed up by the hospital.

I am not a veterinarian who falsely tells dog owners their pets have a terminal illness and is to be put down, only to sell them into dog fighting rings.

I'm not a nanny who had a child under her care drown while I was trying to impress a man.

I'm not an illegal drag racer who ran into and killed 2 young children as they were crossing the street.

I'm not a biologist who happened to make a ground breaking discovery in the same field as another unfortunate biologist who perished along with his research in a fire.

I'm not an abusive wife whose baby mysteriously died in his crib.

I'm not an HIV+ individual who sleeps around without using protection or informing his partners of his infection.

I'm not playing the stock market who luckily enough keeps buying stock in companies whose rivals seem to meet with tragic events that cause their stock to plummet, while the invested in company's stock soars.

I'm not a rumoured leader of an organized crime syndicate responsible for innumerable deaths.

I'm not a cop who found seemingly miraculous evidence that nobody else had seen that convicted a man of murder and got him sentenced to death.

Nope, I'm not any of these things. I'm completely innocent of all charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are all of those things AND a bag of chips.

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    you are all of those things AND a bag of chips.
    I accept that only if I am Mesquite Barbecue flavoured.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    I accept that only if I am Mesquite Barbecue flavoured.
    It is as you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is as you wish.
    Woohoo!

/chars

Let me see if I get this straight.

Remote barren island setting the stage of a bloody debacle, CHECK.
    Ominous Bloody greeting, CHECK.
    Not a soul inside and likely noone to be found, CHECK.
    We won't know if there is a 25th presence on the island, which will keep us worrying over nothing for many a gameday, CHECK.
    24 busts of indians, all itching to disappear and yet noone even considers the possibility of just chucking them into a locked suitcase in a locked cupboard... CHECK.
    Bad weather sealing access to the island... hm, anyone know the forecast?
    Noone openly knows who Monsieur Verdoux is... heh, that's the question is it not?

In short, I love it. This is exactly what I signed up for!

I'm thinking there are multiple scum factions in this game. It's basically what I would have done, and it's kinda a given by the genre. There are always more than one plot going on in these stories. Given 24 players, the guidelines is around 8 scum, that could easily by two parties of 4 scum, or 3 parties of 3 scum each. I also believe Monsieur Verdoux is out amongst us somewhere.

And Robo, that list was seriously creative, and reminds me so much about the book when the gramophone starts playing. You are kinda too genre savvy here. I'd vote for you if I didn't consider it hilarious and I feel envious about your ability to do this (also, you missed my character dammit!). Keep it up!

--

I do need to put up a vote though. I don't believe in waiting until the last hours of the gameday to cast a vote; since voting early gives us something to discuss. I'm voting for the person I believe is Monsieur Verdoux; the person who should be unmasked before this turns out to be a mess. It's not quite random, but my vote goes to Elvinia. Elvinia is the person I have the hardest reading, and if this vote can push Elvinia to be active enough for me to build a character profile on him, then this vote has done all it needs to do.

Vote: Elvinia

I'm also kinda leaning Lora, but that's probably because Lora is the player I have the easiest time to read. Lora is scum. This read is thus almost worthless, because that's my read every game. It's almost like Virothe before the playstyle change, where I always had to think: "Virothe is scum. Now prove it!"
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Oh, dear. Someone went and made a mess on the table. I'm glad I'm not the maid.

Also

Vote: Decagon

Because I wanted to lurk vote so much during the last game... even though I was wrong in the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    Oh, dear. Someone went and made a mess on the table. I'm glad I'm not the maid.

Also

Vote: Decagon

Because I wanted to lurk vote so much during the last game... even though I was wrong in the end.
    Fresh blood. Gotta lynch em day one to teach them a lesson.

You don't. Mess. With the cult. *stabs*
    The Lannisters send their regards.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing about the AU EST time is that we have two Australian players and both of us are in different time zones, I assume you have put Lellys though

And I know nothing about this theme either Deca. Honestly I assumed when he said murder Mystery he was just making up his own story to fit one but if it's based on Agatha Christie I know very little, I know her bigger characters like Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot, and know little bits about them because my mum watches the shows that are based off the books and I've seen bits of them, and my mum also reads the books and so did my Grandmother which is why we have red leatherbound very old editions of all (or most, not sure if all) of Agatha Christies books lol. But I've never actually read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Verdoux View Post
    24. Virthoe

Dead:

Day 1 deadline: Thursday 5:00 GMT / Thursday 0:00 CST/ Thursday 15:00 AU EST
    Vote Virthoe

Obviously scum.

Deleted
    Ok I went through robo's list of I am nots and have compiled a small list of possible people he could be.So my first guess would be Tonya Harding. I mean she's evil so she would defiantly be on the Island right?
    Or maybe your Jessica and your someone who just happens to show up at all these "murders" framing innocent people and pretending to be a mystery writer from Cabot Cove with a large extended family of nieces and nephews.

Do we need majority vote for day one? I did read opening post and it says we do but I just wondered if day one may be the exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    Do we need majority vote for day one? I did read opening post and it says we do but I just wondered if day one may be the exception.
    I thought the special thing about Day 1 was going to be a 24 hour timeline - I thought that's what the sign-up thread said. I guess not though, the OP doesn't have any special conditions.

VOTE: Hokiefan
    Because someone doesn't have Day 1 lynch immunity anymore...
    UNVOTE

Off to work - Hopefully there isn't TOO much fluff this morning (I'd like to have time to read everything AND participate during my lunch break).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefan View Post
    I thought the special thing about Day 1 was going to be a 24 hour timeline - I thought that's what the sign-up thread said. I guess not though, the OP doesn't have any special conditions.

VOTE: Hokiefan
    Because someone doesn't have Day 1 lynch immunity anymore...
    UNVOTE

Off to work - Hopefully there isn't TOO much fluff this morning (I'd like to have time to read everything AND participate during my lunch break).
    day 1 is all fluff