Initial burst Brewmaster

As the initial burst of brewmaster monk, any tips?
    I ask because sometimes I feel that my initial burst could be higher.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since you're asking if you can get your initial burst to be higher, and not lower, I can assume you're talking about doing DPS as a tank.

As you're new to the forums I suggest you start HERE - READ THIS FIRST. This certainly qualifies as a Simple Question for a Simple Answer. The answer also likely can be found in The Brewmaster Tanking Guide rather than making a new thread with such a small question.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BREWMASTER QUESTIONS ABOUT DOING MORE DPS!! ROAWR

The answer is mostly, no. If you're opening with Xuen and Keg Smash then you're doing all you can. Trinkets will proc at the opening and you'll do what you can. If you want to take a huge risk with your survivability and the cost of nearly meaningless 2s of DPS then you can pull with Taunt, wait till the boss wallops you once to get vengeance, then Jab to proc Trinkets, and Keg Smash with all the vengeance and trinkets procced. This will likely lead to your demise as you'll be putting off Shuffle for a few seconds.

If you have to ask this question then you probably should be worrying about other things besides your initial burst DPS.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I apologize if it seems that my question was merely to increase my DPS.
    In fact I asked the question because looking at my logs and doing some comparisons, I found nothing different from other monks.
    My fear was to be missing something, so I asked for some tips.

Brewmasters have no on demand burst damage except for Xuen, and even he is not very bursty as his damage is spread out over 45 seconds.