Deleted

Solotanking Garrosh 25man

So have any of you tryed to solotank Garrosh 25man HC?

Did you handle to do it, or why did you not, would like some logs too

Do you mean having no monk to kite the adds, aka only 1 tank specced player in the raid or what?
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

Deleted
    Prob solotanking + monk taking adds.

Its easy if you're properly geared. As stated, you can't actually solo tank it though since a Monk tank is required for the adds.

Once you get to 5 stacks of his debuff, just start rotating CDs and spamming Barrier. At the end of Whirling, make sure you step back from him a tiny bit. Its possible for him to apply a stack a half second early if you're too far into his hitbox, causing you to not reset.
    Last edited by Teye; 2014-06-04 at 09:52 PM.

Why do people keep insisting a monk tank is needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Its not needed, its just fucking stupid not to take one.

Monk tank greatly trivializes the adds from emp whirlwind

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's possible, I've done it on 10 man and 25 man would be no different. Monk tank is optional, you can always kill the adds...
    Retired in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by suprep View Post
    Monk tank is optional, you can always kill the adds...

But again, you'd be stupid not to take a Monk.

Deleted
    It's fairly simply doable. As already mentioned, you need to handle the adds in some way, some options that don't involve a 2nd tank are to either kill them, or have a dps feral kite them (to initially group them up and let the feral build some basic aggro, they should be spawned pretty close together by having the raid move as a single group and then a dps warrior can place a mocking banner and die by the sword, or DK grips, Ursol's Vortex, etc..).

In terms of tank damage there is not really any danger since the stacks of Gripping Despair reset every time he whirls (except for extremely rarely where it won't reset due to a bug in the ability timing, it's so rare as to not be worth considering though). You can use single target CDs (sac, vigilance, etc) from the raid to survive when at 6+ stacks to be extra safe.

The main issue would be in p3 when you get Empowered Gripping Despair (and Explosive Despair when it drops). When you push Garrosh to p4 he stops applying stacks so you're guaranteed to get at least 1 explosive despair to go off at that point. You either need to handle this by having a huge amount of raid cooldowns if you let a single large stack build on the tank for the duration of the p3 (the person kiting the adds might die to this since they wouldn't be in the raid cooldowns coverage area). Or you can restrict the size of the stack by having dps Warriors/Rogues taunt the boss with Die by the Sword/Evasion up (rogues need symbiosis to be able to taunt ofc) and let the stacks reset on the main prot warrior tank so that you never get explosions of more than 4 stacks in size.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willowywicca View Post
    The main issue would be in p3 when you get Empowered Gripping Despair (and Explosive Despair when it drops). When you push Garrosh to p4 he stops applying stacks so you're guaranteed to get at least 1 explosive despair to go off at that point. You either need to handle this by having a huge amount of raid cooldowns if you let a single large stack build on the tank for the duration of the p3 (the person kiting the adds might die to this since they wouldn't be in the raid cooldowns coverage area). Or you can restrict the size of the stack by having dps Warriors/Rogues taunt the boss with Die by the Sword/Evasion up (rogues need symbiosis to be able to taunt ofc) and let the stacks reset on the main prot warrior tank so that you never get explosions of more than 4 stacks in size.
    In 10man HC we needed Raid cd (we used rallying cry) if the buff exceeded 10+stacks, otherwise it was fine. Is the dmg so much higher you cant take more than 4stacks in 25man HC? 9stacks in 10hc was like 80% of peoples healths or our healers used some cooldowns I wasnt aware of :P
    Last edited by mmocc6fffc7f02; 2014-06-05 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    In 10man HC we needed Raid cd (we used rallying cry) if the buff exceeded 10+stacks, otherwise it was fine. Is the dmg so much higher you cant take more than 4stacks in 25man HC? 9stacks in 10hc was like 80% of peoples healths or our healers used some cooldowns I wasnt aware of :P
    Going by our logs, the highest it hit someone for was 488250 at 7 stacks, and I guess you'd go up to at least 14 stacks if not more, depending how fast you push p4. So maybe not super risky. Edit: or wait no sorry, it still resets on whirls so only goes to 9ish yeah
    Last edited by mmocd0c12776c5; 2014-06-05 at 11:13 PM.

In P3, the first explosion will happen with you at 7 stacks and will hit for 157,500.

The second explosion will happen with you at 11 stacks and with 210% extra damage from the seven stacks of the debuff from the first explosion. This one will hit for 767,250. You are going to need to push Garrosh before his second whirling because it will be extremely difficult to heal and CD through an Empowered Whirling and this large hit.

Start using Barrier when the stacks are getting high and you should be fine. I was looking at this in our logs the other day during a period where my vengeance was at its peak for the fight. I was at 10-11 stacks of the debuff and during this 21-second period I did 4.62m in heals/absorbs on myself. I took only 1.17m actual damage in that 21 seconds and only needed 4 heals that were cast directly on me.

Like everyone has said, solo tanking is easy, the difficulty will be that second explosion in P3, especially if you haven't pushed Garrosh by then.

You can also just have a warrior taunt with die by the sword to reset the stacks.
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

We did myself solo tanking the boss last night, with the monk doing the adds. I got up to as high as 10 stacks before the final transition. I didn't have any particular survival problems and we just used a few raid cd's for the large explosion at the end. Definitely doable, also makes it much easier to push the boss to 10% and skip TOES entirely.
    <Uchirosan> Day 1 Prot Warrior
    Obsidium of Thrall 7/7M Highmaul 9/10M Blackrock Foundry

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rosan/advanced