Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because you dont deserve unnecessary entertainment unless you earn it and can pay for it yourself
    It's nearly like you delusionally think we don't live in a interdependent society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You've said that, yes. The question is why?
    No reason, just because of their superiority complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Telephonic View Post
    Broke my back in the service as well sir.
    /salute.

What all they do to you?

I have a popped disc at the base of the spine hitting a nerve the surgeon says "Is not surgically treatable". Got mine in combatives, doctor in sickhall misdiagnosed me and actually LIED on my paperwork (didn't find out till 2 years later going through the paperwork). Told me it was a muscle strain and would heal in a month and a half, went home to heal and when it never did, fought the VA for over a year before they would even look at me and they refused that till my leg started going limp. Now sponging off the family to survive till the Dept. of VA is done with paperwork, they have me at 10% for now.......

Thinking the doctor intentionally misdiagnosed so he didn't have to check to avoid throwing off his patient count for the day and lied on the paperwork to cover his own ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    And having some form of entertainment has a beneficial effect on your mood at work. If you were an employer, you might understand that.
    At one point in my life I was a supervisor for a retail store. I regularly fired people like those who just did the bare minimum, showed up for work 5 minutes late frequently, and called off more than once a month without a doctors note, and most of the time they were self entitled teens and early 20 year olds. Conversely I also gave good workers high performance reviews which gave them 40 or 50 cents an hour raises each year

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    /salute.

What all they do to you?

I have a popped disc at the base of the spine hitting a nerve the surgeon says "Is not surgically treatable". Got mine in combatives, doctor in sickhall misdiagnosed me and actually LIED on my paperwork (didn't find out till 2 years later going through the paperwork). Told me it was a muscle strain and would heal in a month and a half, went home to heal and when it never did, fought the VA for over a year before they would even look at me and they refused that till my leg started going limp. Now sponging off the family to survive till the Dept. of VA is done with paperwork, they have me at 10% for now.......

Thinking the doctor intentionally misdiagnosed so he didn't have to check to avoid throwing off his patient count for the day and lied on the paperwork to cover his own ass.
    With recent events with the VA you mite be able to find a lawyer to push ur papper work though quicker.

Figured I would tell ya that just incase you didn't know.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

At one point in my life I was a supervisor for a retail store. I regularly fired people like those who just did the bare minimum, showed up for work 5 minutes late frequently, and called off more than once a month without a doctors note, and most of the time they were self entitled teens and early 20 year olds. Conversely I also gave good workers high performance reviews which gave them 40 or 50 cents an hour raises each year
    A whole 4 dollars an day more? Whoa Mr Moneybags, don't get too generous.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread should be titled: 1,000 Excuses for being a Failure.

/salute.

What all they do to you?

That's crazy. I knew a Sgt who was on her last two months of enlistment that had her arm pulled the wrong way being a dummy for an arm bar. They ended up doing massive damage to her rotator cuff. They had to fly her to Germany (we were deployed at the time) to have it operated on, but during the process of numbing the nerves they punctured her lung. Bad news is she doesn't have a full range of motion in her dominate arm, but she is making a ton off disability.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, I honestly think you are a troll, there is no way you could honestly be this for detached from reality. Your last name wouldn't happen to be Romney, would it?

Seriously, how old are you, where did you grow up and what year were you ever living off minimum wage with no assistance (including roommates)?
    Im 41 and live in Forest County Pennsylvania (I like not living near people), and I DID live off minimum wage with no help when I was starting out. I worked as a bagger at a grocery store, I worked at a gas station, and I worked in retail. I then worked for UPS loading trucks (very hard sweaty work), then joined the Navy where I learned the skills I used to get my current job

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that is mostly the teens. The rest are hard working adults. A lot of places don't offer raises no matter how hard you work.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    This thread should be titled: 1,000 Excuses for being a Failure.
    Moralistic stands are meaningless in a discussion regarding economic policy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Moralistic stands are meaningless in a discussion regarding economic policy.
    Or perhaps this thread should be called 1,000 ways to call someone with two jobs who's still below the poverty line lazy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I find it funny someone who admits being fat, lazy and said how running is torturous would harp on Discipline.
    Im not fat, only about 30 pounds overweight, first of all. Im not lazy either. I just dont prefer to do things that are unnecessary and that put wear and tear on your joints like running. I dont want to have my knees and hips replaced by the time Im 65

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    With recent events with the VA you mite be able to find a lawyer to push ur papper work though quicker.

Figured I would tell ya that just incase you didn't know.
    I have a VSO who is willing to help me, but they said I am currently more hooked up than about anyone could hope for as I have actually been communicating with a man in the Winston-Salem Regional Office directly for a few months now. Should have a rating within the next 2 months now and started the paperwork in January after I got an MRI and the surgeons response telling me I was fucked for life.

If they try to give me less than 60%, I am getting a lawyer to deal with them. I have an MRI from the VA, VA surgeons in writing telling me it is permanent and a dead-man profile from the VA doctors with a life-time duration along with a cane given by the VA on top of the 5 sets of pills I am supposed to be on per day. If they give me 60% or higher, I am applying for Unemployability to get me set at 100% as no one will hire me now with how I am.

Back injuries suck but this is the last disc that separates the spine from the hip so there is no move you can do that doesn't set it off and causes issues all the way to the toes.

Deleted
    Im not fat, only about 30 pounds overweight, first of all. Im not lazy either. I just dont prefer to do things that are unnecessary and that put wear and tear on your joints like running. I dont want to have my knees and hips replaced by the time Im 65
    30 pounds is quite a lot overweight by all accounts, considering your lack of activity.

Why not try swimming, or cycling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    From what you've written, you worked a government job. If you looked at your own life with your own absurd cynicism and bitterness, you'd see a sorry leech.
    I have a government job now, but I didnt when I was struggling in the beginning, and what I do now provides a valuable service to the people

What the hell did I just read? You refuse to work out because you're afraid of joint replacement? You are aware that being over-weight does more damage to your joints then exercising?

Deleted
    I have a government job now, but I didnt when I was struggling in the beginning, and what I do now provides a valuable service to the people
    What exactly do you do that's such a service?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    What exactly do you do that's such a service?
    Probably a TSA official.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you're fat. All that extra weight your carrying will probably necessitate a replacement of your knees and hips anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Probably a TSA official.
    Well making sure a 5 year old's stuffed animal's toy gun is seized is very important work.