Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Innocent couple still taken hostage in Afghanistan with no help.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-ex...ld-afghanistan

Very unfortunate, just two naive travelers.

Deleted
    I feel no sympathy for civilians that go sightseeing in warzones or trouble spots. White people should stay the fuck away unless they are surrounded by armed bastards that will protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I feel no sympathy for civilians that go sightseeing in warzones or trouble spots. White people should stay the fuck away unless they are surrounded by armed bastards that will protect them.
    Of course they are stupid, but idiots still deserve sympathy if not empathy. We're all idiots at something.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    Of course they are stupid, but idiots still deserve sympathy if not empathy. We're all idiots at something.
    Bullshit.

One time years ago my truck broke down in Oakland. My dispatcher was going to send me a Com Check instead of putting the money on my card. I told her theres no way for me to get the check. She said "theres a truck stop only a mile away" I replied "It's 11pm at night....I'm a white man in OAKLAND,CA...ain't no damn way I'm walking anywhere." Before the calls for Racism come out, my wife is black and she even stated SHE wouldn't walk down Oakland 11pm at night....

Point is if you're going to subject yourself to idiocy then I have zero sympathy for you. Especially in this day and age of the Internet where research is only 5 mins away.

They CHOSE to go there. That's their own damn problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diddle View Post
    True, but to travel through the mountainous regions of Afghanistan (Where the majority of the Taliban reside with relative impunity) without protection is beyond idiotic; It's Darwin worthy, they're lucky they've not been killed already (That's assuming they're still alive).

Sure i feel bad for them, but what can we do.

Hostage takers either follow 2 alternatives generally, take the money and kill the hostages, or kill the hostages when it's too bothersome to continue the demands.

Dafuq were they doing touring through that god forsaken land? I feel like any one doing that is pretty much asking to be kid napped and beheaded.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Zaitsev View Post
    True, but to travel through the mountainous regions of Afghanistan (Where the majority of the Taliban reside with relative impunity) without protection is beyond idiotic; It's Darwin worthy, they're lucky they've not been killed already (That's assuming they're still alive).

Sure i feel bad for them, but what can we do.

Hostage takers either follow 2 alternatives generally, take the money and kill the hostages, or kill the hostages when it's too bothersome to continue the demands.
    I remember my trip to Saudi Arabia to go to Mecca I had to sign a piece of paper saying that I know the risks of going there and if something happens to me I am on my own.

I've never understood why people visit these places when they know they're in a Warzone. It's not just make believe on the news people ...

No sympathy or empathy from me. Their own stupid fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Welcome to the real world.
    Don't... Laugh... Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I've never understood why people visit these places when they know they're in a Warzone. It's not just make believe on the news people ...

No sympathy or empathy from me. Their own stupid fault.
    Or climb the mountains in N Korea. I guess the rush is just to good, who knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Pretty much, same goes for all others who make it their personal mission to seek out danger just for "fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Or climb the mountains in N Korea. I guess the rush is just to good, who knows.
    Aye. I understand if you go to say, Brazil, and get kidnapped then fine, crime is high there but it's still a tourist destination.

I didn't realise there was much of a tourism industry in Afghanistan, but I guess they just got unlucky in the middle of a war torn nation, right at the heard of the enemies territory. I hope their government doesn't pay the release fee, or give into any demands. If they get killed, let it be a lesson to other morons who think it's a good idea to go for a stroll in Afghanistan.

Who the hell takes their pregnant wife to Afganistan?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Who the hell takes their pregnant wife to Afganistan?
    What pregnant woman would agree to go to Afghanistan? I feel sorry for the child.

Or you know...maybe they were traitors to their country and wanted to go live with them and oppose this 'unjust' war on terrorism....

Then realized once they got there, that it wasn't all rainbows, kittens, and puppies...just like Bergdahl did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Or you know...maybe they were traitors to their country and wanted to go live with them and oppose this 'unjust' war on terrorism....

Then realized once they got there, that it wasn't all rainbows, kittens, and puppies...just like Bergdahl did.
    or maybe they want an exchange.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    I could understand someone travelling there out of curiosity and excitement, but with your wife while expecting a child? That strikes me as beyond foolish and irresponsible for both of them. Do what is within reason to help them as citizens but lives should not be risked in order to save people who make the decision to do something dangerous. I get the excitement, I like to climb, if I get stuck up there I don't expect anyone to come and get me, I knew the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    or maybe they want an exchange.....
    Taliban do not exactly keep hostages...capture is usually accompanied with beheading shortly after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    Taliban do not exactly keep hostages...capture is usually accompanied with beheading shortly after.
    ours for theirs... like Bergadahl most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    ours for theirs... like Bergadahl most likely.
    So now they are psychic?

'Lets capture these people because we know we can trade them for Taliban Leaders because in about 20 months we are going to be able to trade this soldier we have been holding for 3+ years now. for 5 Taliban Leaders...'

Yeah...No...

They defected, and now the Taliban are seeing an opportunity to trade these defectors in for Taliban Leaders because our 'president' traded 5 of the Highest Ranking Taliban Terrorists we have for a deserter/traitor.
    Last edited by Skalm; 2014-06-04 at 10:09 PM.