Unhappy Gaming computer that can run ESO and WoW on Med to High graphics

I am thinking about upgrading my computer to get a little bit more out of my gaming. My current set up used to work great but is aging horribly into its 5th year. Games I could run on high settings I now run on low-med to get similar FPS. But even dropping settings still on ESO every minute or so my game will freeze for about 3-4 seconds then kick back in for another little while. On WoW my screen will literally go black for a split second every 30s-60s. Not to mention my frames shoot down to almost nothing as soon as anything happens (when on mediumish settings). I am looking at a build but can't post a link because my acct is new

comments? tips? builds? also my budget is about 500-1000. (family of 4, mouths to feed)

Have you tried checking your temps? What are your current specs?

You can use HWMonitor and Speccy to find these out if you don't know how already(example, stuff we need is in red and HWMonitor is for double-checking temps).
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

I will post soon

Posting the images here for others to see.

HWMonitor > http://i.imgur.com/LQPqVd2.png
    Speccy> http://i.imgur.com/NPgDr54.png

Your CPU seems to be running fairly warm, though it is fairly bad(aged) to begin with.

Looks like your in for a complete overhaul and you can use that machine as a internet/light gaming machine.

Here's a mid-budget build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($94.99 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Team Xtreem Dark Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.43 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 270X 2GB PCS+ Video Card ($159.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Rosewill REDBONE U3 ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $714.33 (after $30 in promo codes and $65 in mail-in-rebates)
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-06 01:48 EDT-0400)

You could drop the CPU to a i3(you could swap the motherboard and save another ~$30, but lose the ability to overclock) and shave off ~$100 or so, but you will lose quite a bit in regards to performance(especially when you consider overclocking) and the i3 doesn't overclock(it's not supposed to anyways).
    Last edited by tielknight; 2014-06-06 at 05:52 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Desktop-Gami...item5665270de5

this is one I was looking at, what do you think?

- - - Updated - - -

I also forgot to mention my current computer was re-manufactured when I bought it. The power supply and video card are upgraded, but they are about 2 years old. The Video card is 2 years old but has been warrantied 2 times, the last one being about 2 months ago so its probably re-manufactured but still "newish"

That link is utter garbage. Your looking at a ~100% markup on the price of those parts and that GPU and PSU sucks.
    You would be much MUCH better off building your own(there are plenty of tutorials out there and it is basically just like lego's), though if you want a prebuilt, your going to take a fairly-bit performance-hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaedus View Post
    <snip>

this is one I was looking at, what do you think?

<snip>
    I wouldn't. Its video card will bottleneck you hard and from what I understand, you just want to run video games on it. This computer would be well-suited for a lot of multitasking without pulling from the video card. Answer some questions and I can help you a bit more.

Do you want a pre-built computer only, prefer a pre-built, or are willing to build your own?
    What exactly is it that you want to do with it? (Just get high settings on a game with nothing else running besides maybe music?)
    Do you have any peripherals you want included?
    Any specific comments to add?

That computer from eBay that you linked is trash. Please do not buy it and follow something similar to what tielknight posted. You can get so much more for your money.
    CPU - i9 9900k | CPU Cooler - Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | Motherboard - MSI Z390 Godlike | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti
    RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | SSD - 2x Samsung 970 EVO 2TB NVMe | PSU - EVGA Supernova 750w P2 |Case - Corsair Air 540

Thanks for the heads up. I will go with your suggestion s. I run Skype often but sometimes music.

Deleted
    Seems the i5 4670k price has gone like 15-20bucks up cause the new one is coming out, instead of price going down...

Anyway here's another suggestion in case you would still want an i5 but not overclocking. If you would like to overclock as Tielknight's build, i would suggest waiting 2 weeks for the new i5 4690k which will be almost same price as 4670k.
    I included an O/s since you didn't mention that you may or not need one.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ NCIX US)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DirectCU II Video Card ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair SPEC-02 ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($34.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $865.88
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-06 11:39 EDT-0400)

Also Crucial's new ssd is out at a awesome price: Crucial MX100 256GB @ 105$

I'm not really interested in overclocking. To be honest I've never known the point, never looked into it

Quote Originally Posted by Xaedus View Post
    I'm not really interested in overclocking. To be honest I've never known the point, never looked into it
    Getting a 30% fps gain depends on how much it is overclocked when you're cpu limited. Overclocking cpu's is these days a walk in the park, any 5 years old kid can do it. If you still don't want to OC, get a locked i5 and a H81 board and use that money for a bigger ssd or even a better gpu since eso taxes gpu's harder than wow does, I've been mostly gpu bound in that game.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

Deleted
    Well you are exaggerating a bit with 30% fps , i'd say like 15-20% maybe? Depend how high the overlock and you don't see many 4.6GHz haswells'

http://i.imgur.com/dICZ2j0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sUpGRtT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bxwWzjr.jpg

here are some cases I already own, the third one is much larger than the other 2, the parts in these are years old but do you think any of these cases would fit those builds?

You would be better off getting a newer case(example). Better airflow, a warranty, and they are made with modern parts in mind whereas the older towers might not have all the holes in the proper places for newer hardware to fit.

That said, the first one(looks like a MicroATX Mid Tower) might work though the HDD's facing that way are a huge pain in the ass(cable-management-wise) with any decent graphics card and they do get in the way(and generally get toasted by the GPU, personal experience here) so you might want to avoid that.
    The second one(looks like a MicroATX Mini Tower) is a bit too..."unique" in how the inside is(particularly the HDD placement) and that looks like it would get in the way of the motherboard's cabling.
    The last one(ATX Mid Tower?) looks like a airflow nightmare, though it has alot of space and might work, but you should double-check and makre sure everything will fit and connect (screw in) properly. And the Molex-adapter-train made me laugh

All in All, I still say a newer-tower would be a better option. I love my new one compared to my old one, as tiny and cramped as it is, it still has better airflow(better temps)than my old case that was a bit bigger. Plus, it looks nicer(aside from my horrid cableing-skills) inside.

Hahaha! I didn't notice that train till just now, that is my brother's old set up from about 7 (give or take 2) years ago. But anyways. Thanks for all the builds and advice. Now I just have to convince the wifee to agree to the cost. That is the true challenge my friends.....