Thread: Who Popped Lust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    When you are in a raid, the player will be one of the raid## ID's. If you are in a party though, the player is NOT one of the party# IDs. Thats why when we arent in a raid but we are in a party, we hardcode a number in the loop to be assigned to the player, which in this case, is 0 (party1 through party4 are valid party member unit IDs. party0 is not valid, and since the player is never any of party1 through party4, we check for the player/playerpet where it would normally check party0)

I'm not sure what you mean in the last part. If you want to announce ancient hysteria why soloing (I dont know why you would honestly, since if you push ancient hysteria, i'm sure you know you popped lust, and it wouldnt be relevant to anyone else), you need to do a separate check for "elseif not IsInGroup() then blahblahblah"

If you're trying to fix the thing that I fixed earlier, I already fixed it. Just copy paste it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    You have two options. Use an existing addon, or learn to do the addon yourself. Demanding others code a specific addon for exactly and specifically your own whim exclusively is more than a little self centered and frankly your attitude puts me off.
    Speaking of attitude, he was asking for assistance locating and use of coding to support the goal of generally just seeing who throw the BL/TW/BM lust.

On-Topic: Though, gotta admire the people who sit into this coding. Might borrow a little from here, we tend to have an early popper in our alt raid.. Problem is, we have 5 shamans. Will try for the fun to play around with the coding. Always found it a fun idea to be able to do such.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    When you are in a raid, the player will be one of the raid## ID's. If you are in a party though, the player is NOT one of the party# IDs. Thats why when we arent in a raid but we are in a party, we hardcode a number in the loop to be assigned to the player, which in this case, is 0 (party1 through party4 are valid party member unit IDs. party0 is not valid, and since the player is never any of party1 through party4, we check for the player/playerpet where it would normally check party0)

I'm not sure what you mean in the last part. If you want to announce ancient hysteria why soloing (I dont know why you would honestly, since if you push ancient hysteria, i'm sure you know you popped lust, and it wouldnt be relevant to anyone else), you need to do a separate check for "elseif not IsInGroup() then blahblahblah"

If you're trying to fix the thing that I fixed earlier, I already fixed it. Just copy paste it again.
    Oohhhh gotcha! Ok, haha. Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to coding. Well, if I log onto my shaman and cast hero, it does the print and say chat just fine. (Though for some reason it does two lines of each, not really a huge issue though, makes it easier to see in scrolling chat)

On-Topic: Though, gotta admire the people who sit into this coding. Might borrow a little from here, we tend to have an early popper in our alt raid.. Problem is, we have 5 shamans. Will try for the fun to play around with the coding. Always found it a fun idea to be able to do such.
    I just have to test this in an actual raid, but right now I think this is actually an effective addon that works. If you like, later on after i test it I can try to send a zip file with the addon or something. The whole purpose of this thread was just to try to get the effect from the addon, and share it with people. and Ssateneth wrote the lua code on their own, so I'll definitely have to add a thing into the toc file giving them credit for it. =-b

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Problem is, we have 5 shamans.
    The number of shamans doesn't matter since the sourceName in COMBAT_LOG_UNFILTERED is the name of the spells caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougarkillz View Post
    Though for some reason it does two lines of each.
    Yeah, you can't have a channel message and a /print message on the same line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's please chill out with the bickering and stick to the topic please. Thanks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougarkillz View Post
    (On a final note, I KNOW there are addons out there like OQueue that have who popped lust options, but I don't want all the extra features, all I want is this ONE feature, so this little message is just to cut off all the people saying "just get this addon")
    even if the addon has few lines, hooking to COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED puts added work on ALL events, especially if you have other addons already looking for similar information.

to get an idea of how many messages are being processed, try this while in your next rbg or raid:

/etrace

you'll see all the events being processed.

the number of lines doesn't increase the load on the system. what those lines do, when, and how often, is what causes the strain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    You have two options. Use an existing addon, or learn to do the addon yourself. Demanding others code a specific addon for exactly and specifically your own whim exclusively is more than a little self centered and frankly your attitude puts me off.
    People like you pisses me off even more - barking around without bringing ANYTHING usefull AT ALL to the thread....

@Ssateneth: wont the loops with i=...40 and 4 display errors if the raid or the group is smaller than the numbers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    @Ssateneth: wont the loops with i=...40 and 4 display errors if the raid or the group is smaller than the numbers?
    He checks UnitExists() first on each iteration.

Update:

So far the script Ssateneth wrote is working perfectly. I haven't actually had a hunter use Ancient hysteria in a raid group yet, but shamans and mages are instantly called out when they pop Lust/Hero/Timewarp....(and yes, I tested ally and horde side in raids to verify).
    Sadly, most hunters roll SV or MM for some reason so i'll have to wait and see if i can catch a hunter that uses Ancient Hysteria....

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    On another unrelated note: What are the steps to use this Addon, foolproof for someone who has no Idea about Interface or Addons.
    Check this thread for instructions on how to use this: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lve-easy-steps

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Why don't you just mouse over the hunter pet? It ain't hard to figure out who it belongs to...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Herradura the same reason you don't log all combat and then go into the folder to read who casted it, but on a smaller level.
    like it was said before, most hunters are not BM. the time OP has already spent on this script and in this thread has already outweighed the time it would take you to type /tar <pet> 100 times.