I've had a stitch in for 9 months..

I slipped over pissed as a fart into loads of glass back in September and sliced my hand and arm open, consequently getting stitches.

I took the ones from my arm out myself but the knot on my hand fell off the dozy cow without me noticing and my skin healed over. To date, my hand has healed perfectly but the stitches are still in there and I'm wondering what will happen? I Yahoo answered it for some educated advice, like any sane man would, and people were saying that your body eventually says nah mate you need to leave, it gets tragically infected and the pain is absolutely lovely.

9 months on I'm still here with a normal hand, no signs of infection or redness, just a little horizontal lump. Guide me people! Guide me! Should I bother taking it out or should I grant him/her/it permanent residence inside yours truly?

Go to the doctor.

BTW If that is how you talk IRL, I kinda wanna party with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Your only option is to remove the hand. Godspeed.
    Jesus why have you done this to me Jesus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Go to the doctor.

BTW If that is how you talk IRL, I kinda wanna party with you.
    I'm just a bit of fun.

Yeah but what will happen if I don't go? Because 9 months is a long time not to see anything gobble me up.

Deleted
    You could just..you know, see a doctor..or a nurse..and ask them about it rather than asking the internet which is not likely to give you any proper advice regarding the stitch other than...see the doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    First, I'd say just go to a doctor, already.

But that said, I once had a half-inch long thorn stuck into my middle finger at the joint, straight in, almost all the way through the finger. It healed over, but there was always pain and a lump. I went to see a doctor and he told me it was just scar tissue and would go away on its own over time. After 6 months of this, my body finally just said NOPE NOPE NOPE and pushed the thorn upwards until a small blister formed. When the head of the blister came off, I could see the black bit inside, and pulled out the half-inch monster with some tweezers. Made a full recovery.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    JYeah but what will happen if I don't go? Because 9 months is a long time not to see anything gobble me up.
    I dunno, I've had a 1" wood sliver in my thigh for 20yrs, never had a problem with it. But if its visible and sticking out, they can remove it EZPZ.

Go see a doctor, it's not like you live in the US and have to sell all your property for a flushot...

10+ Year Old Account
    Go see a doctor is the only real answer here. Also, you type in a rather amusing way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Go see a doctor is the only real answer here. Also, you type in a rather amusing way.
    To us. That's pretty normal in the UK.

Go to a doctor. Unfortunately there aren't any of reputation to be found on our forum.