New scenario that reward spell (pet) for hunter in WOD idea

I've posted a version of this idea before but I think that with the current rylak/hook wasp debacle, I have a suggestion for a new-ish hunter pet group, based on the Warlock's green fire quest. This maybe a long or confusing or long and conufsing post, so please, bear with me.

Just like your Warlock friends or acquaintances or best buds or any other form of social convention you have or wish to have with a warlock, when a Hunter reaches level 100 they will be able to do this scenario. Your hunter, depending on its race would go be summoned to their respective quest givers, because each race would have a tad different text and outcome or reward upon completion of this quest: The quest givers are as follows:

Horde:
    - For Blood Elves, Orcs, Trolls, Goblins and Tauren, you're quest giver is Rexxar (Champion of the Horde).
    - For Undeads, you will be sent to Nathanos Blightcaller.

Alliance:
    - Humans, Worgens, Draeneis and Dwarves will be sent to Kudran.
    - Night Elves will meet Shandris Feathermoon.

Neutral:-
    - Pandarens, regardless of their factions and loyalty will meet Lorewalker Cho.

I've yet to come out how the scenario will play out and what quests would entail, but I have this idea of you have to do a series of quest to earn it. Among the thing you have to do is to take care of Spirit's (Rexxar's Wyvern) clutch as a Horde or if you are an Alliance, you will be tasked in taking care of Sky'ree's one and only surviving egg(Kudran's dead Gryphon). You would be also tasked to rescue Hippogryph if you're an Alliance or find Nathanos lost mount he had when he was still a human if you're a Horde.

As a quest reward, you would be given a spell to summon a hunter's pet, iconic to your race or faction. These pets are the same as your normal active pet, that you can only have one at a time, can be specced into their roles as tenacity, ferocity or cunning but require no stable spot as they come as a summon spell and can only be summoned when you have no other pet active. If they are dead, they can't be summoned using their summon spell but first need to be revived like any normal pet.

Horde
    -Orcs, Goblins, Taurens and Trolls get 'Summon Wyvern'. The Wyverns may or may not have armors or war paint or banner depending on your race. For example, a Goblin's Wyvern, may have rockets and turbo engine strapped to its abdomen.
    - Undead gets 'Summon Undead Gryphon'.

Alliance
    - Humans, Worgens, Draeneis and Dwarves learns 'Summon Gryphon'.The Gryphons may or may not have armors or war paint or banner depending on your race. For example, a Worgen's Wyvern, may be wearing a garland of Gilnean Roses, with petals always falling.
    -Night Elves can learn 'Summon Hippogryph'.

Neutral
    - Both Alliance and Horde Pandaren can now use 'Summon Pandarian Phoenix', The Phenonixes may or may not have armors or war paint or banner depending on your faction; Huojin or Tushui?

The reason as to why each race gets different pets is because I believe that Hippogriffs, Wyverns and Gryphons are iconic beasts and they should not be used by other faction and the reason as to why they come as spells instead of your hunters passively learn 'Tame X Beast' spell like Dinomancy for Direhorn is because, if you race change your hunter, you cannot use your tamed pet;eg An Orc Hunter race changes to a Dwarves would not be able to control his tame pet Wyvern anymore.

Even though they are from different families, Alliance's Gryphons and Hippgriffs, and Horde's Undead Gryphon's and Wyverns have the same family skills.

If you're character is either currently a Marksmanship or a Survival hunter, your pet would automatically learn a "Haste Buff" spell(10% haste increment). The name of the spell would be appropriate to your hunter's race and pet combo.

If you're hunter is a Beastmastery Hunter, your pet have both +10% Haste and +10% Stamnina buffs as well 'Tailwind', which is a levitate buff. This is to reflect Beastmastery use of exotic pets as well as a replacement for the lost spells learned by Hook Wasp which now considered a normal pet group in the Wasp family.

If your hunter respecced, your summoned pet's spell would change automatically as well.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Hyde; 2014-06-05 at 03:58 PM.

I'm all for epic questlines like the lock green fire. And I like the idea of iconic faction pets, though I don't know why Blizz would want to make 4 different types. Someone brought up an idea like this awhile back with taming a dragon - basically, being a ward for one of the young dragonflight, you can choose the color. That might be cooler, imo. It would be a very unique pet, and taming one should be very difficult and worthy of an epic questline.

They can even name the questline "How to tame your dragon" cause pop culture and stuff.

Sounds interesting. I'm a fan of class specific quests that used to be in the game, whether it be the Warlock / Paladin's mount quests, the quest Priests had to obtain Benediction / Anathema, or our old quest to get Rhok'delar. The idea is rough for sure, but with a bit of fine tuning could be something I would be interested in.

If something like this were implemented however, I wouldn't want the quest to be given to you just for reaching lvl 100. You should have to earn something unique like that. Having Rhok'delar back in the day meant that you knew how to play your class, because you were required to solo 4 different elite mobs. Just a thought, but interesting idea for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm all for epic questlines like the lock green fire. And I like the idea of iconic faction pets, though I don't know why Blizz would want to make 4 different types. Someone brought up an idea like this awhile back with taming a dragon - basically, being a ward for one of the young dragonflight, you can choose the color. That might be cooler, imo. It would be a very unique pet, and taming one should be very difficult and worthy of an epic questline.

They can even name the questline "How to tame your dragon" cause pop culture and stuff.
    Mine is just a way for us to use the currently Iconic but only available as mounts beasts; Gryphons and Wyverns. The inclusion of Hippogryf because I think it is a great part of Night Elves' culture as opposed to the Eastern Kingdom gryphons and undead gryphons for the Forsaken for both balance in differences as well I think a pet that showcase's Forsaken state of undead as well as their origin would be awesome.

Yeah, but I think some people might be turned off by the "elite faction-based pet" being based off the most basic flying mount you can get at level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasmokes View Post
    Sounds interesting. I'm a fan of class specific quests that used to be in the game, whether it be the Warlock / Paladin's mount quests, the quest Priests had to obtain Benediction / Anathema, or our old quest to get Rhok'delar. The idea is rough for sure, but with a bit of fine tuning could be something I would be interested in.

If something like this were implemented however, I wouldn't want the quest to be given to you just for reaching lvl 100. You should have to earn something unique like that. Having Rhok'delar back in the day meant that you knew how to play your class, because you were required to solo 4 different elite mobs. Just a thought, but interesting idea for sure.
    I don't want only a very selected few to gain this new spell because it is a spell not a weapon, but I see your point.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but I think some people might be turned off by the "elite faction-based pet" being based off the most basic flying mount you can get at level 60.
    And since when you get to control your Grand Wyvern to battle dragons side by side with you at level 60? Some people who might be turned off by should not mean other people who wants updated models of Gryphons and Wyverns as their pet shouldn't get what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I don't want only a very selected few to gain this new spell because it is a spell not a weapon, but I see your point.
    I understand that the game is geared towards a more casual audience now than it was back then, which is fine by me because I don't have time for 12 hour days on 40m Patchwerk anymore. However, when you saw a Hunter with that green stick and bow back in the day, you knew that they knew their shit. He / she earned those bragging rights entirely by themselves. You knew that there was no way they were carried on the backs of their guilds / raids. It was the status symbol of a skilled* Hunter - and the game needs more of that I think.

Deleted
    Excluding classes out of content is and has always been a dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Excluding classes out of content is and has always been a dumb idea.
    No, homogenization of classes is dumb and other classes are excluded from having bestial pet since day one of wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Papasmokes View Post
    I understand that the game is geared towards a more casual audience now than it was back then, which is fine by me because I don't have time for 12 hour days on 40m Patchwerk anymore. However, when you saw a Hunter with that green stick and bow back in the day, you knew that they knew their shit. He / she earned those bragging rights entirely by themselves. You knew that there was no way they were carried on the backs of their guilds / raids. It was the status symbol of a skilled* Hunter - and the game needs more of that I think.
    Again, the reward isn't a bow, it's a pet. A pet that does not bring any extra damage nor it brings any buffs that a hunter cannot already bring into combat with the exception for the ability to levitate, and with no real guarantee it is THE ideal pet as you have to have an assortment of pets to cover other spells and the only thing it gives really in the end is an iconic and aesthetically pleasing (argumentative) pet that finally made available to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game absoltuely needs more content like the Rhok'Delar and Benediction quests.

No to Gryphons and Wyverns.

Yes to dragons. Even the cute lil Dragon Whelp would tickle me fancy.

I would quite literally throw money at my screen to make that happen.

This is a cool idea, and I would love to do it on my hunter. But... Hunters already get unique pets every expansion, ones that can be tough to get. I think it would be nice for some other classes to get some love first (though I think all classes should get something similar to the green fire).

Quote Originally Posted by Dhryke View Post
    No to Gryphons and Wyverns.

Yes to dragons. Even the cute lil Dragon Whelp would tickle me fancy.
    someone suggested Pterrodax for Trolls/.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    This is a cool idea, and I would love to do it on my hunter. But... Hunters already get unique pets every expansion, ones that can be tough to get. I think it would be nice for some other classes to get some love first (though I think all classes should get something similar to the green fire).
    The spell is just like any other class's spell so you can also argue that druids already have a lot of unique shape shifts or shamans have lots of totems etc. The idea is just to bring to table of how to make both Gryphons and Wyverns as hunter's pet without breaking lore if the hunter race change.

Quote Originally Posted by Raicky View Post
    I would quite literally throw money at my screen to make that happen.
    and watch how all the legolasXX hunters change their name to KhaleesiXX hahahaha.

Having ANOTHER Hunter only quest won't happen, moreover, Blizzard is not doing content only a few people will see. Whether you like it or not.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    and watch how all the legolasXX hunters change their name to KhaleesiXX hahahaha.

Having ANOTHER Hunter only quest won't happen, moreover, Blizzard is not doing content only a few people will see. Whether you like it or not.
    I would not use the word 'wont' and 'Blizzard' so casually.