Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    So should we wait to take action until it happens? Of course not, quit being childish. Because the running of a red light is not always intentional, same goes with a stop sign. Pointing a laser pointer at a cockpit, it intentional.

BTW: If you bothered to read, like at all, you would have noticed that i didn't agree with prison sentences, or at least long ones for people who do this, but you stating that " it's not a problem " is fucking COMICAL. The FAA, FBI, and Pilots ALL disagree with your bullshit statement, you know, the people's opinion who actually matter on this matter.
    I never said it's not a problem. You quoted me asking what's the problem with my argument and I cleared that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It actually fits well becuase despite pilots carrying many people, they've still not crashed because of stupid laser pointers; however, many have died because of bad drivers. I did nothing wrong, but a person such as yourself will not easily grasp many things.

The argument is if we're handing out harsh sentences for idiotic actions that people may or may not know are deadly, than perhaps we should for others then, surely no one would have an issue with that considering drivers make up many many more deaths, and often their mistakes go unchecked, so why not make an example out of a red light runner as well?
    Driving is already regulated heavily- they're called traffic laws. If people don't follow the laws then they pay the consequences; the regulations are already in place to ensure the safety of those who fall under that purview. This is an entirely separate situation, because the pilot can do little to stop some moronic asshole pointing a fucking sunbeam in their eyes, when they're trying to land an aircraft that could potentially be carrying hundreds of people.

The feds have decided that they aren't going to wait for one of these close calls to become a fucking international tragedy. And rightly so. It's simple risk assessment. They've decided that the benefit of locking up a few assholes for a few years- for pointing lasers at people's eyes, outweighs the cost of a few assholes being locked up for a few years- for pointing lasers at people's eyes.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2014-06-09 at 02:03 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it's not a problem. You quoted me asking what's the problem with my argument and I cleared that up.
    Its better to prevent a disease than to cure it after the fact, especially as death is rather permanent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its better to prevent a disease than to cure it after the fact, especially as death is rather permanent.
    Something which if the ridiculous American health system realised, prices would drop through the floor and there'd be a lot fewer misdiagnoses and instances of patients bullying their doctors into getting the treatment they want rather than need. Preventative measures aren't sexy, everyone wants a tablet/operation.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shocktroop View Post
    Which has never happened. The "well it could have happened differently" mentality is just moronic.

How long have you had your pilots license? I am sure you can tell us all about how hard landing a plane is since it is like a car and you must look out the window to do anything because it has no electronics that do it for you, along with constant connection to a control tower.
    I"m not really sure what you are saying. Are you saying that temporary blinding of pilots is not a big deal because there is a control tower and all the electronics do it for you?

Inside about a thousand feet it's about 50/50 looking outside vs looking at instruments. The last 200 feet or so to the ground is pretty much 100% looking outside.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    14 years for this shit... that's overkill... unless a person is pointing a laser at a helicopter or plane with the intent to crash it, that type of sentence should have never existed.
    Do you actually understand the risk of what they were doing? Because if you think that sentence is overkill, I'm betting you don't.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    I"m not really sure what you are saying. Are you saying that temporary blinding of pilots is not a big deal because there is a control tower and all the electronics do it for you?

Inside about a thousand feet it's about 50/50 looking outside vs looking at instruments. The last 200 feet or so to the ground is pretty much 100% looking outside.
    Even IF they relied only on instruments and a control tower, none of these help helicopter pilots, and that's what makes their stupid arguments even more laughable. Helicopter pilots rely on sight, and god forbid one hits a building, water tower, or any other object because some douche thought it was " no big deal, it only blinds them for a second "
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Even IF they relied only on instruments and a control tower, none of these help helicopter pilots, and that's what makes their stupid arguments even more laughable. Helicopter pilots rely on sight, and god forbid one hits a building, water tower, or any other object because some douche thought it was " no big deal, it only blinds them for a second "
    You're right. It's a false if. People get this really bad idea that automation does everything. It doesn't. And it has to be programmed properly by the pilot to do anything. Control tower? They can't do shit. Start veering off an approach they don't have a magic button to bring the plane back on course. The limit of what ATC can do is ask "wtf are you doing, Mercury?"
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!