10+ Year Old Account

looking to start playing minecraft.

i am interested in how it works. how much does it cost? is it subscription based like wow? is it possible to just build stuff? like legos? i have always been interested in those videos where people build stuff to resemble real life/video games.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    The game cost 19.95 EUR, one time payment.
    and ye its kinda like lego, just its all squares
    you can do whatever you want, be it building something big, playing with mods and so on
    if you dont care about the surviveing aspect then theres allways creative wich lets you build without haveing to gather the mats.

hope this clears up things

ps. also on the minecrafts homepage they do have a demo you can try, so you can see if you like it before you buy
    Last edited by mmoc56391ec0fd; 2014-06-08 at 03:58 AM.

Deleted
    There are also plenty of multiplayer servers that allow you to many minigames which can be good fun. I wish i could go back to my first day of playing MineCraft. It was so good to play fresh. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffe View Post
    The game cost 19.95 EUR, one time payment.
    and ye its kinda like lego, just its all squares
    you can do whatever you want, be it building something big, playing with mods and so on
    if you dont care about the surviveing aspect then theres allways creative wich lets you build without haveing to gather the mats.

hope this clears up things

ps. also on the minecrafts homepage they do have a demo you can try, so you can see if you like it before you buy
    okay that sounds like fun. how much is that in american dollars?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2014-06-16 at 06:34 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    okay that sounds like fun. how much is that in american dollars?
    The game is being sold for 26.95$ US. If you're in the US there's the possibility of picking up Minecraft Game Cards. Check Walmart or Gamestops.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i am interested in how it works. how much does it cost? is it subscription based like wow? is it possible to just build stuff? like legos? i have always been interested in those videos where people build stuff to resemble real life/video games.
    They have a trial version you can try for free.

I believe it lasts for 5 in-game days, but has full functionality until that point. This should give you an idea on how things work.

But there are two modes (okay there's like four, but only two that matter right now): Creative and Survival.

Creative allows you to build anything you want, where ever and whenever. You are invulnerable, and can fly, and you have unlimited access to any item in the game.

Survival is the "real" game. Survival is where you are actually fighting to live. You need to farm, mine, dig, chop trees to gather resources and craft the items manually.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The whole point is playing mods though... After you get your feet wet in vanilla, go get some mods. I recommend the FTB mods. (makes stuff all techy)