Deleted

Post Possibly Looking to build a new PC :)

Looking to build a new PC. Currently a student though so of course money is always tight lol. What I want from the PC is one that can play WoW on good-high settings and get 60 FPS in most situation

Budget: Around £500 give or take £50
    Resolution: 1920x1080

Currently got a hard drive, CD/DVD Drive, Monitor. Also have a 550W PSU that's around 1 year old could use that to save a little money/get better CPU or GPU? Providing 550W will be enough to handle the new Graphics Card.

Have 8GB's of RAM as well that I could use, since I will only be running WoW and browsing the internet I'd guess this is enough?

Also can use my current case so that is not needed.

Don't need an OS. Got all peripherals.

So yeah looking at that now I only really need CPU, Mobo and new GPU? If my current other parts I have are good enough which I am assuming they are, but I don't know that's why I'm asking opinions

On a side note in terms of just pure FPS gain for WoW. I have I3 3220 and a 2GB Asus 7770. Would spending say £200-£300 on just a GPU see a good FPS increase or should I just go for CPU/Mobo and GPU ?

Thanks for having a look at my post and any replies thanks in advanced <3

Deleted
    Would help if could you link the rest of your pc specs you got atm. Mobo-ram-hdd-psu-case

- - - Updated - - -

As far gpu's goes, a 750ti is barely better than the 7770. So i'd say you are looking for a R9 270X (~150pounds) upwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Would help if could you link the rest of your pc specs you got atm. Mobo-ram-hdd-psu-case

- - - Updated - - -

As far gpu's goes, a 750ti is barely better than the 7770. So i'd say you are looking for a R9 270X (~150pounds) upwards.
    Z77A-G43 - 2TB HD - 8GB 1600 RAM - 550Watt PSU - Mid ATX Novatech Gaming case

Deleted
    Deal is for wow at least, going over a gtx760 you wont see any difference. As most mmo's its cpu heavy game. The board you got is LGA 1155 socket which means you can't use new proccessors without buying a new one. You could buy a i5 3570k cpu for your mobo plus a good cooler and overlock it but that would cost almost as much as a new cpu+cooler.

A new mobo+cpu+cooler with the ability to overclock which is where half the performance boost will come from would be around 260-280 pounds. Then plus a new gpu and maybe psu cause you didnt say exactly what psu you got. 550w means nothing, could be a quality one or a crappy 550w rated while actually being 400w.

So assuming you dont need a psu and having in mind that in 2 weeks the new i5 4690k is coming out which will be about the same price as i5 4670k:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£155.99 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.24 @ CCL Computers)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£83.44 @ Ebuyer)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB DirectCU II Video Card (£229.99 @ Dabs)
    Total: £494.66
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-06 20:37 BST+0100)

A few notes:
    - If you have high profile ram you will have cpu cooler clearance problem.
    - The extra 50-55pounds if you need to buy a good psu: XFX 550W 46£
    - I honestly got no idea which case is that to check the spec whether it will have enough room for the gpu. Hopefully you can link the exact psu brand and model and use the money to get a better case

Deleted
    Cheers for the reply. The PSU is I think without checking made by OCZ? or something similar sounding lol. I'll bear in mind what you said and possibly get the 4960 instead when it comes out.

Thanks for putting that together really do appreciate you taking the time to do so

Deleted
    You're welcome, and as a sidenote, ocz psu's are not amongst the good psu brands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    You're welcome, and as a sidenote, ocz psu's are not amongst the good psu brands.
    Just thought I'd post back I checked my PSU and it's Antec sorry. They are a good make aren't they? I think that should be good enough to keep providing they are a good make. It has two 12V rails each with 30 amps on them. So I assume I have 60 amps on the 12V rail which sounds good but I don't know :P

Deleted
    Yes antec is good, as long as its not one of the cheapest ones. As long as it say 80+ or better 80+bronze certified you're good to go. 30 amps on each rail doesnt mean 60 in total most of the times, its probably something aroud 50-55 which is enough.
    Remember what i said about your ram tho, that is low profile and don't have problems with most aftermarket air coolers.