Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wonder if the alleged thieves were displaced New Orleans residents after Katrina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    I wonder if the alleged thieves were displaced New Orleans residents after Katrina.
    That's all anyone in Houston blamed any crime on for years after Katrina.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    If you sue someone who broke a rib doing CPR to save your life, they shouldn't have bothered with the CPR and just let you die.
    While I agree, then the family will sue you for not doing CPR.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

she deserved it.

if she hadnt been driving like a crazy person maybe she wouldve gotten to cook dinner but no gotta go fast.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    she deserved it.

if she hadnt been driving like a crazy person maybe she wouldve gotten to cook dinner but no gotta go fast.
    I don't think she was driving like a crazy person. My guess is the kids were acting up and she was distracted. If she would have just pulled over and whooped some arse, she would still be alive. I hope those kids are always reminded of that!
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not claiming to be the better person, but i'd probably sucker punch the thieves and knock them out. I'd then take the groceries back to the car where cops can figure out where the person lives so they can deliver them to the house or to some relatives home.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I wonder if the seat belt would have saved her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    I hope those kids are always reminded of that!
    ...and thats why you dont act up in the car!

Deleted
    So many people new at this thing called Humanity. This shit happens all the time and it's not even the worst you could see, check out victims of car accidents lying in the streets and other cars just driving over the bodies like they're roadkill.

I don't think she was driving like a crazy person. My guess is the kids were acting up and she was distracted. If she would have just pulled over and whooped some arse, she would still be alive. I hope those kids are always reminded of that!
    i wouldnt be surprised if this was all just the kids plan from the beginning.

kill mom, have friends steal the groceries. get lots of money from donations and move into a better flat.

i know this because i too was once a kid.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

People should take more care when operating a motor vehicle, especially when there are children on board...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to imagine how a crash into a tree kills you on that 35 MPH road. Was she just not wearing a seatbelt, or was she really driving way too fast for that road?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i wouldnt be surprised if this was all just the kids plan from the beginning.

kill mom, have friends steal the groceries. get lots of money from donations and move into a better flat.

i know this because i too was once a kid.
    How enterprising and industrious of them... Maybe they will grow up to be President.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Humans are evil greedy creatures, once you accept that... everything starts to fall into place.
    i trust anything said by a dragonite

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm trying to imagine how a crash into a tree kills you on that 35 MPH road. Was she just not wearing a seatbelt, or was she really driving way too fast for that road?
    News reports say it was both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    News reports say it was both.
    Hmm. I have minimal sympathy for adults who don't wear seatbelts. I do feel bad for the kids though.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2014-06-06 at 09:18 PM.

Some of you are really dense fedoras aren't ye?

It's not the groceries themselves that matter.
    It's the lack of respect for the person and those children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr4vitas View Post
    Two young children are in the hospital and they've just lost their mother, and you and apparently the news are concerned with the some groceries that were stolen out of their car after the accident?
    A good point, though I imagine it comes down to not so much the groceries but rather what the action says of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

she didnt respect their car, why should they have respected her groceries?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

Nah, it's regular human bullshit going on. We, who don't live in Equestria, are quite used to seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Rendering aid, even if you are skilled to do so, but are not a medical person, is a great way to get your ass sued into oblivion.
    Not always.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law