Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And cataclysm still doesn't apply agony.

Snapshots/SS is the reason I left Affliction, a spec that was the reason why I played WoW from launch! Snapshots/SS is horrible, HORRIBLE game design that destroyed all sense of the spec for me but luckily I found some solace in Shadow Priest.

Well, things are looking up for you then. Snapshots are gone, and Soul Swap will be rendered near-useless with the shard cost!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well, things are looking up for you then. Snapshots are gone, and Soul Swap will be rendered near-useless with the shard cost!
    Well played.

What DPS should a fresh pre-made 100 aff lock with ONLY the free haste enchants from the tauren be doing? mine feels pitiful compared to the BM hunter which i hold near 20k sustain.

Im asking because id love a base to start with, a way ot rationalizing the numbers, so i can see where i stand compared to someone who can push the system to the max.
    Last edited by danielhol; 2014-07-28 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by danielhol View Post
    What DPS should a fresh pre-made 100 aff lock with ONLY the free haste enchants from the tauren be doing? mine feels pitiful compared to the BM hunter which i hold near 20k sustain.

Im asking because id love a base to start with, a way ot rationalizing the numbers, so i can see where i stand compared to someone who can push the system to the max.
    20k-ish should be the average. Affliction is performing below that. Think 15-18k for Affliction.

Really,how the heck are you even pulling 15k sustain? i mean theres nothing to the rotation so i cant see what im missing, my dots dont fall off, i keep haunt up and only hit 7k lol...

Quote Originally Posted by danielhol View Post
    Really,how the heck are you even pulling 15k sustain? i mean theres nothing to the rotation so i cant see what im missing, my dots dont fall off, i keep haunt up and only hit 7k lol...
    You're obviously doing something severely wrong.

Clearly lol, i mean i got BM rotation pretty solid if i can get 20k, not sure where in the world im going wrong with aff, can you tell me your rotation please?

you just begin putting all your dots, then you cast soulburn haunt and use your cd ( dark soul, on use trinket, racials) and you spam drain soul and try to keep up 100% haunt uptime. always keep 1 soul shard at least, and when your soulburn haunt last in 10sec, you keep your next nightfall proc to refresh it. /done

Which you guys think will be the best 2ndary stat?
    Haste, Mastery, Versatility or multistrike?

I don't see how Versatility will ever be the best secondary for any dps role, outside of niche uses like trying to reduce the number of healers in your raid for a specific encounter
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, only tanks are going to want versatility. You avoid damage by avoiding shit, there's no reason to give up significant DPS stats. I saw some suggest that bleeding edge might want it, but realistically they're the ones who are undergeared anyway and can least afford to sac dps. Would just defeat the object of fewer heals.

As it stands I can't see any reason Aff won't still love Haste/Mastery.

Two constant targets is pretty strong for Aff as long as you can manage SB:Haunt and not using your shards on SS. However Destro/Demo are still just as strong where I think Aff should pull ahead (even if it's slightly).

Twin Ogron (pull 2 onward, save some shitty play and figuring out the fight to start): http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8gDkWfYyRpzC4VGZ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Two constant targets is pretty strong for Aff as long as you can manage SB:Haunt and not using your shards on SS.
    Isn't it completely ludicrous that a tool that is supposed to help us on 2 target fights should actively be avoided in such a situation, cause of it's cost? I get the instant dot applying part costing 2 if you want to discourage that, but with the spell itsself costing a shard they've pretty much made it useless for it's actual niche too: Target swaps and 2+ target fights.

I wish they would just bring it back to it's cata form, with a cooldown instead of a cost. I know that means you might not have it up at times when you need it, but right now you can't really use it often cause of the shard cost, so I don;t see what the difference would be between not being able to use it cause of cooldown, or not being able to use it cause you lack the shards.

Possibly make a Major Glyph that would allow you to put up instant dots when Soulburned, instead of leaving behind the dots on actual target, meaning you have to choose beforehand which version you get, and will mean that any instant dot applying is limited to only once every X seconds, while still costing you the shard from Soulburn.

I know it's unlikely they'll still do mechanics changes like that, but Soul Swap in current form is just a trap, and it should just be changed, limited development time left or not.

Deleted
    i want soul swap to be changed into something like pestilence for dk, spreading your dots around on everything within 40-50 yards of the primary target, with a 45-60ish sec cd and possibly even costing a shard, it will be fairly weak on 2 targets but on 3+ targets you'd potentially be able to save as many as 5 gcds at the cost of a shard, i think that would be worth it. they need to do something with the shard costs.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Isn't it completely ludicrous that a tool that is supposed to help us on 2 target fights should actively be avoided in such a situation, cause of it's cost? I get the instant dot applying part costing 2 if you want to discourage that, but with the spell itsself costing a shard they've pretty much made it useless for it's actual niche too: Target swaps and 2+ target fights.

I wish they would just bring it back to it's cata form, with a cooldown instead of a cost. I know that means you might not have it up at times when you need it, but right now you can't really use it often cause of the shard cost, so I don;t see what the difference would be between not being able to use it cause of cooldown, or not being able to use it cause you lack the shards.

Possibly make a Major Glyph that would allow you to put up instant dots when Soulburned, instead of leaving behind the dots on actual target, meaning you have to choose beforehand which version you get, and will mean that any instant dot applying is limited to only once every X seconds, while still costing you the shard from Soulburn.

I know it's unlikely they'll still do mechanics changes like that, but Soul Swap in current form is just a trap, and it should just be changed, limited development time left or not.
    I do agree with the fact it is sort of ludicrous that you can't really use the spell between two targets reliably, but it's mostly due to the fact that you're pretty much required to have 2 shards every 30s for SB:Haunt to have your full uptime on the 30% DoT buff. There were definitely times where I could have used SS but was nearing the 30s marker to refresh SB:Haunt and only had 2 shards (both of which are needed).

And even with that in mind, doing an opener with only 4 shards is really taxing if you don't do the regen "trick" at the start of the fight to effectively have 5 shards for the start. SB:Haunt is 2 then you have to SB:SS for the other 2 (or manually apply your dots and save the 2 shards so you can Haunt after the first debuff and SS the dots to target 2). But even still it's a very weird playstyle to have to accommodate especially when we've been playing with SS in a completely different way for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i want soul swap to be changed into something like pestilence for dk, spreading your dots around on everything within 40-50 yards of the primary target, with a 45-60ish sec cd and possibly even costing a shard, it will be fairly weak on 2 targets but on 3+ targets you'd potentially be able to save as many as 5 gcds at the cost of a shard, i think that would be worth it. they need to do something with the shard costs.
    I'd love this iteration of SS. Manually applying dots isn't the worst thing in the world and it would bolster our AoE to be more in line with the other 2 specs since SoC is still awful and they took away our ability to spread dots.

Deleted
    also, am i the only person who wouldnt mind getting grimoire of synergy for affliction? i can certainly see it being a soling talent for afflic and it would provide an extra choice for afflic instead of taking GoSup all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    SB:Haunt to have your full uptime on the 30% DoT buff. There were definitely times where I could have used SS but was nearing the 30s marker to refresh SB:Haunt and only had 2 shards (both of which are needed).
    SB Haunt btw is only 15% now, it got gutted pretty hard last build. Feels awkward even keeping up single target now, even if it's still a dps increase(small one)

I think there's a 0% chance you should be SB:SS to get dots up on the pull however. Manually apply dots SB > Haunt.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    also, am i the only person who wouldnt mind getting grimoire of synergy for affliction? i can certainly see it being a soling talent for afflic and it would provide an extra choice for afflic instead of taking GoSup all the time.
    Whatever do you mean, Aff takes GoSac and GoServ allllllll the time <Insert sarcasm here>. I think it'd be an interesting addition to Aff as well all things considered. But then they'd have to nerf it because stacking 2 damage modifiers from talents would be too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    SB Haunt btw is only 15% now, it got gutted pretty hard last build. Feels awkward even keeping up single target now, even if it's still a dps increase(small one)

I think there's a 0% chance you should be SB:SS to get dots up on the pull however. Manually apply dots SB > Haunt.
    Welp. I may have forgotten about that - either way. Still an weird buff to maintain considering it takes half of your resources to keep it up every 30s with no guarantees of you proccing 2 shards in that time.

But I'd agree SB:SS dots on the pull is really really really shitty considering you want Haunt up for the 2nd time and have no shards to do it with.